PDA

View Full Version : What are you currently watching on TV?

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 16:15
Heroes, Dirty Sexy Money & Lost Season 4 Finale (Although that's on PC as I don't have sky :( ) :D

GridGirl
2nd June 2008, 17:26
Nothing as I'm too busy with work to watch TV right now. Although when I do get the time I've got series 2 and 3 of Prison Break and the 4th series of House ready and waiting on dvd or sky plus.

Hazell B
2nd June 2008, 19:35
Nothing much.

Enjoyed the last series of CSI: New York but am struggling a bit with Desparate Housewives as it's lost some sparkle in the writting. Besides that, only Eggheads if I'm home in time and sometimes those afternoon antique action shows as I see people I know on them about half the time.

Just about to stick a DVD in the machine - dunno what yet though. Feel a Christian Bale evening may be ahead, perhaps. :up:

jim mcglinchey
2nd June 2008, 23:07
I dont think Christian Bale has made a duff film, recently I've wathced him in 3.10 to Yuma, Harsh Times and The Prestige and they were all most excellent.

MrJan
2nd June 2008, 23:21
Heroes and Peep Show are my only regualr ones. Usually try to remember House (really like it but 9pm is a crap time), Derren Brown and My Name Is Earl.

Would love to watch Entourage too but ITV are annoying not only put it on late night but do so on ITV2 or 4 AND change the slot every now and then. Seriously, one of the best shows that ITV have ever had and they mess about with it to show repeats of Emmerdale or Britain's X Idol In The Jungle.

Pretty much everything else is motorsport (F1, WRC, BTCC, Moto GP etc. ect.)

Yankee Racer
2nd June 2008, 23:29
Farmer Wants a Wife! No, I'm not that bad. I will admit to having watched every season of Beauty and the Geek, but I also have a wife, in case you were curious ;)

Anyway, I'm not watching anything much right now. I watch some stuff sporadically, like The Simpsons and Family Guy, but the only show I watch every week is The Amazing Race, which won't be on until September.

I have been watching Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain a lot, though, and I've got some Wife Swaps on the DVR. That show is hilariously trashy.

Anyway, after those confessions, maybe I should start a thread about Ford F-450s, bourbon whiskey, and firearms :P

leopard
3rd June 2008, 03:41
I used to watch Idol contest, but post Tifany get ruled out last weekend I don't know whom then my support goes to. ;(

Dave B
3rd June 2008, 08:37
Nothing, I've got Wogan on the radio.

I've already seen my two favourites, House and Scrubs at US pace so don't have to suffer E4 or five US and their annoying adverts.

About the only other programmes I'm really fussed about at the moment are Dr Who - although the current series is a massive disappointment - and Have I Got News For You. I've got tickets for the latter this Thursday so get to see Jeremy Clarkson ballsing it all up before watching the end result on Friday and marvelling at the skill of the VT editors.

With Euro 2008 and Big Brother looming, the TV may be getting a well-earned rest over the summer.

veeten
3rd June 2008, 11:39
right now, local morning news. :)

306 Cosworth
3rd June 2008, 12:08
and Have I Got News For You. I've got tickets for the latter this Thursday so get to see Jeremy Clarkson ballsing it all up before watching the end result on Friday and marvelling at the skill of the VT editors.

With Euro 2008 and Big Brother looming, the TV may be getting a well-earned rest over the summer.

Where abouts is HIGNFY filmed? WOuld be good to get tickets for that, as I love the programme, will have to make sure I watch Friday then if Jezza is presenting :up:

and I agree with you there Dave about the TV egttign a well earned rest this summer, looks like it's all going to be a big pile of ****e!

MrJan
3rd June 2008, 12:37
I'll be watching as much of Euro 2008 as possible. 2 weeks since my last live football game and I'm getting withdrawl (sp?) symptoms. Roll on July and the first pre-season friendlies :)

gadjo_dilo
3rd June 2008, 12:48
We've just had local elections on Sunday and now there are lots of talk-shows on this topic. The circus is guaranteed and for free. :laugh:

Dave B
3rd June 2008, 13:28
Where abouts is HIGNFY filmed? WOuld be good to get tickets for that, as I love the programme, will have to make sure I watch Friday then if Jezza is presenting :up:

The London Studios, on the South Bank near Waterloo. Get yourself on the HatTrick (http://www.hattrick.co.uk/article.php?id=561&catid=77&style1=show&check1=561&menu=6)mailing list, but be aware that the tickets usually get allocated within the first half hour of being released. :)

Sleeper
3rd June 2008, 15:47
The only two programs that I watch are Heroes and Battlestar Galactica, the latter I got Sky for especially so I could watch series 4.

Hazell B
4th June 2008, 19:50
I dont think Christian Bale has made a duff film..... 3.10 to Yuma.....

That's one of the ones I had planned to watch. But didn't in the end. I've got a heap of as yet unwatched DVD's at the moment. They're actually starting to feel like undone homework! :mark:

My Name is Earl is one I forgot to mention. Even the constant repeats are entertaining, though I do worry it might end up E4's new Friends with twenty showings each day :(

BDunnell
4th June 2008, 20:03

More to the point, the rather excellent (in my view) Ian McMillan is on too.

Hazell B
4th June 2008, 20:31
Mentioning that I've a few DVD's waiting to be watched for the first time in another thread has made me wonder just how much stuff like that we all have?

Unheard music, unwatched films, unread books and so on must be sitting on your shelves - you wasters! :p :

Go on, own up :)

BDunnell
4th June 2008, 20:47
Mentioning that I've a few DVD's waiting to be watched for the first time in another thread has made me wonder just how much stuff like that we all have?

Unheard music, unwatched films, unread books and so on must be sitting on your shelves - you wasters! :p :

I have tons of unread books, but equally several that I have read more than once. As for music, I used to buy albums on CD purely for one song (why else would I have 'The Best of John Farnham', other than because I wanted 'You're The Voice'?) so there's a lot of tracks that have never been listened to. iTunes is a blessing in this regard. I've far fewer DVDs that I've never watched, though I don't want to see Good Bye Lenin again because it made me cry the first time, even though I think it's ace.

MrJan
4th June 2008, 22:29

But they make me look cultured.......well maybe not my copy of the Yoko, Jakamoko, Toto DVD, or my Mum's Shaun the Sheep Boxset but dammit City of Men and Amores Perros are foreign and White Men Can't Jump is an unrecognised classic :D

On the CD note I find that they are't being listened not because I don't bother but because they go straight onto the iPod.

baadman27
5th June 2008, 15:41
Very good!!! Support !wow gold (http://serserline.com/Buy%20wow%20gold.htm)wow gold (http://garbor.net/WoW%20Gold%20EU.htm)wow gold (http://garbor.net/buy%20wow%20gold.htm)wow gold (http://jaybus.cn/Contact%20us.htm)wow gold (http://jaybus.cn/Create%20an%20Account.htm)

veeten
5th June 2008, 18:29
an afternoon baseball game. :)

Hazell B
5th June 2008, 19:44
Can I just point out I didn't hijack this thread - my thread about unwatched stuff was moved here.

Just to clarify, like :p :

Dave B
6th June 2008, 08:38
More to the point, the rather excellent (in my view) Ian McMillan is on too.
He was good value. Very funny but knew when to shut up rather than hog Ian and Paul's limelight - unlike say Michael MacIntyre last week.

I have a funny feeling that the whole Max Mosley discussion might end up on the cutting room floor, the lawyers doubtless had a "brown trouser" moment!

Hazell B
7th June 2008, 21:23
Max Mosley ..... "brown trouser" moment!

Brown, eh?
I thought Nazis wore a warm bluey grey :p :

BDunnell
7th June 2008, 21:29
Brown, eh?
I thought Nazis wore a warm bluey grey :p :

That was so yesterday in right-wing circles.

veeten
13th June 2008, 12:00
It's morning, trying to find some interesting... :o

Ooohh, Sportscenter. :D

stevie_gerrard
19th June 2008, 01:29
Heroes, Peep Show, Derren Brown, Come Dine With Me, all sport, etc. Because Euro 2008 and motorsport and other sport is on fairly reguarly, its the only thing ive been really obsessed with :p :

19th June 2008, 05:12
Not much. We had the last episode of Lost (series 3 I think) last week and I was just getting into Battlestar Galactica (also series 3 I think) when it ended....... Finally joined Facebook so I could play scrabble and that's becoming a very enjoyable time waster. Waiting on the latest Sherlock Holmes pc game. (Jack the Ripper).

webarchitect
19th June 2008, 05:48
I bought some DVD's today> Gonna have a movie marathon starting at 3PM