PDA

View Full Version : What pisses me off in traffic?

A.F.F.
2nd June 2008, 12:20
- Those who drive too slow.
- Those who drive too fast.
- Those who decide to put a gear in trafficlights AFTER the lights has chanced.
- Those who drive too near.
- Those who seem to drive without any determined destination.
- Those who seem to have no clue what so ever.
- Those who drive BMWs
- Speeding cameras.
- Those who apparently has chosen randomly to drive the same frigging route as I with a difference they want to drive it slooooooowly.
- Those who consentrate more on speaking their mobile than driving.
- Drunk drivers.
- Those who are wannabe fast and furious.
- Women who have their seat so close the steering wheel their nose is against windscreen.
- Apparently everything.

dc10
2nd June 2008, 12:23
You missed off:
Old fellows in flat caps

Apart from that I agree with yours.

A.F.F.
2nd June 2008, 13:18
You missed off:
Old fellows in flat caps

How could I miss that. I especially hate old fellas with those frigging hats.

I also hate those who have to basicly stop when turning in an intersection. Why on earth do they have to stop ??????????

AndyRAC
2nd June 2008, 13:55
You missed off:
Old fellows in flat caps

Usually driving boring, bland Rovers!!!

maxu05
2nd June 2008, 14:14
Indecisive drivers annoy me.

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 14:54
People who join the motorway at 40-50mph, now that rally pi$ses me off!

Also people who sit in traffic or at lights with their brake lights on, especially in the dark.

Any my biggest hate of all, people driving around with their front fogs on for no apparent reason :mad: :mad:

A.F.F.
2nd June 2008, 17:58
And those people who change long beams away AFTER they see you coming.

Woodeye
2nd June 2008, 18:48
-People who take the left lane in the motorway and drive under the speed limit thus creating massive traffic
-People who decide to pass a truck in the motorway driving 1 kph faster than the truck
-People who drive Mercedes-Benz
-People who just have to get on to road with the freakin caravan
-People who can't park their car without smashing other cars
-People who just have to use the rear fog light when it rains, snows or whatever just a bit harder than normally
-People with motorbikes who drive in between two lines on heavy traffic
-People with Volvo XC90, BMW X3 or X5
-45,7% of all motorists
-97,5% of all pedestrians if I ride a bicycle
-People who ride 3 times a year with their bikes to the office but have bought the best riding gear possible with at least 1000€ and the bike costs 2000€. And still they don't see it necessary to oil the chain...

JSH
2nd June 2008, 20:05
EEEEEVERYBODY!!!!!!! :vader:

GridGirl
2nd June 2008, 23:05
I hate moron boy racers in rubbish cars who deem fit to block every lane on the M1 contraflow and drive at 10 miles an hour with blown up condoms hanging out the window while their mates in an equally rubbish car follow behind them filming them for youtube no doubt. Thats happened to me twice in about 6 weeks. Grrrrr

MrJan
2nd June 2008, 23:13
Also people who sit in traffic or at lights with their brake lights on, especially in the dark.

:wave: Hello

To be fair my handbrake struggles a bit to hold the car but in general I'm just lazy.

I don't like it when people stop at the end of my road and allow a gap for cars to get down the turning but just end up stopping me from getting down it because I'm stuck behind them.

Most of all I hate people that just don't know how to drive or where they're going because they are liabilities who are just asking to crash into me.

Edit: Oh and I really hate it when you think you see a cute girl in the mirror but when they get closer you realise you were really, really wrong.

Oh and I hate people that have to take their driving test more than 5 times. Sometimes you just have to accept that you aren't cut out for some things.

Drew
3rd June 2008, 01:11
People who join the motorway at 40-50mph, now that rally pi$ses me off!

:up: :up: I've had to join a dual carriageway behind somebody at 30mph before (I wasn't even following a tractor but a Vectra) never have I been so annoyed before or since, stupid to**er.

If people don't get in my way / crash, I'm not too bothered about it. I'm slightly surprised how stressed out about it some people get, relax and calm down!

GryanG
3rd June 2008, 05:19
People who drive 90 in an 80 zone and then when it changes to 100 they do they keep driving at 90, on a single lane road.

leopard
3rd June 2008, 08:08
Hateing too much people can give some stress and migraine ;)

Mark
3rd June 2008, 09:42
I drove at 70 rather than 80 to work today and I arrived quite relaxed :D

schmenke
3rd June 2008, 13:59
I thought you took the train?

Brown, Jon Brow
3rd June 2008, 16:01
Rover drivers, but they seem to be becoming rarer, they seem to have been replaced by Toyota drivers.

Oh, and Citroens are either driven stupidly by a boy racer or incompentantly by hippies.

theblackflagger
3rd June 2008, 16:55
add people who constantly sit on your bumper while sitting at the stop light to the list

harvick#1
3rd June 2008, 18:12
people who drive Ford Explorers
people who move over 4 lanes right before a redlight to get into the left turn lane
people who are on your ass when you slow down for a red light
people who put their bass so high for there rap songs
people who leave there left/right turn light on for miles and miles

ShiftingGears
4th June 2008, 09:47
People who own massive 4WD's but are too spacially inept to drive them competently.

tmx
4th June 2008, 10:01
The one that annoyed me more than other is over confident suv drivers, who seem to follow you 10ft from behind and doesn't mind other people's space. The way for them to make turn is that if the turn is 300ft away or less, they change lane and pass back you in front of you, then make the turn and you have to brake harder than normal. I also notice that in the rain they drive 5mph faster than normal.

But I had my fair share of stupid driving. This one time I was at a stop sign getting ready to make a right turn, but someone was coming up close behind and I was accelerating way too fast and sharpy turning out of the corner, which ended up making a huge amount of smoke blocking the view of the driver behind. He must had not been so happy.

Garry Walker
4th June 2008, 23:21
Oh and I hate people that have to take their driving test more than 5 times. Sometimes you just have to accept that you aren't cut out for some things.

I thought this would never happen, but I have to agree with you here.
If you can`t pass the driving test on your 3rd time, you should be forced to redo the whole course, but after a 3 year waiting period. I know of cases where people pass on the 6th or 7th attempt, this clearly means they are not good drivers, but just got lucky once.

I hate:
*drivers who are incompetent - this mostly affects middle-aged women I have noticed. They panick over anything and when the situation requires some calm thinking, they turn complete idiots. I once was subjected to a hilarious sight when a woman was trying to park for ages, just doing the same all the time and not managing it. That wasn`t the only time.

*young male drivers who think they are better than Loeb, when in reality the first moment there is rain or snow they struggle to keep it on the road.

*people who can`t park properly. By that I mean people who park their cars diagonally, let`s say at supermarket parking lots, with rear of the car over one line and front end over the other line. I recently had a case of that where some fool had parked his car so close to mine and diagonally (not properly), that I had troubles getting in the car when I came back, not wanting to hit his car with my door. Because this fool was still sitting in his car, obviously waiting for someone, and as I was being diplomatic as ever, I knocked on his window and asked if he needed help parking the car or if he was just ****ing stupid. No answer.

A.F.F.
4th June 2008, 23:38
Around 50 years old fellas who live their dream with too big bikes they can't drive.

MrJan
4th June 2008, 23:39
I thought this would never happen, but I have to agree with you here.

:eek: :eek:

Me neither :)

I have a quite specific complaint now. There is a really steep hill on my way home (duel carriageway) and I try to go all the way down without touching the brakes. The problem is that you get people in front desperatly trying to stick to 70 and braking even though they'll happily do 80 on the flat and if I go slow from the top so that they don't get in my way you can guarantee that some knob will pull out in front of me. To make it worse at the bottom it goes single lane (not a problem) and then merges with another 2 lane road to become a 3 lane motorway. So why do people hit the brakes at the merge and slow from 70 to 50 just to join the motorway? Then I pull out to overtake them and they're doing 80 again and pull across in front of me so that I have to switch to the outside to overtake or stay in the middle lane with someone 2 foot from my bumper (inside lane usually got something slower in it). To make it even more annoying I need to turn off at the next junction and usually end up going across 3 lanes far too quickly.

In short I just hate rush hour, everyone drives too close and you either sit at 60 or have to do 90 unless you want to be dangerously close to people which I absolutely hate.

MrJan
4th June 2008, 23:41
knocked on his window and asked if he needed help parking the car or if he was just ****ing stupid. No answer.

Just seen this. Nice :D

leopard
5th June 2008, 04:01
traffic jam, damaged road and sleeping policemen.

Mark
5th June 2008, 08:49
Or like in Leeds yesterday where I'm happily going along a dual carriageway in heavy traffic in the right hand lane and the lane I'm in ends, as I don't know the road I'd no idea this was going to happen, but I think fine, the traffic is only moving at 5mph, I indicate and expect to merge with the traffic on the left.

Would they let me in? Would they buggery! Some even gave me the finger as they drove past :mad: . Have they never heard of merge in turn?

leopard
5th June 2008, 08:56
Ban them! :laugh: ;)

gadjo_dilo
5th June 2008, 11:45
ALL romanian drivers. The prototype of this ill-mannared species is usually driving an expensive car beyond his real consumer spending. This car makes he think he's a sort of God of all roads. For him/her there are not speed limits or priority rules. They always play music loud in the car, to the extent that the vibrations could break windows ( the most annoying are the guys who listern to trivial gipsy music ). They would park cars on footpaths, blocking other cars or the entrance in courts/houses. The fancy car is matched by the noisest alarm system, fixed at the level when it's activated if somebody walks 10 metres near the car. Of course it may ring all night long cos the owner can't be bothered to see why. Anyway he's not parking the car on his street.They don't respect pedestrians on zebra. Pedestians have either to let the cars pass or to do a slalom through cars.
Of course such a driver thinks that the other drivers are stupid and they are not ashamed to hide this idea: colourful swearing ( adressed esp. to women ), spittings and sometimes real fights tend to become a national sport.

AndyRAC
5th June 2008, 12:32
People who slow down before an steep hill, i;e Sutton Bank, Parbold Hill, then have no momentum to get up the hill. Why?

Drew
5th June 2008, 15:46
I have a quite specific complaint now. There is a really steep hill on my way home (duel carriageway) and I try to go all the way down without touching the brakes. The problem is that you get people in front desperatly trying to stick to 70 and braking even though they'll happily do 80 on the flat and if I go slow from the top so that they don't get in my way you can guarantee that some knob will pull out in front of me. To make it worse at the bottom it goes single lane (not a problem) and then merges with another 2 lane road to become a 3 lane motorway. So why do people hit the brakes at the merge and slow from 70 to 50 just to join the motorway? Then I pull out to overtake them and they're doing 80 again and pull across in front of me so that I have to switch to the outside to overtake or stay in the middle lane with someone 2 foot from my bumper (inside lane usually got something slower in it). To make it even more annoying I need to turn off at the next junction and usually end up going across 3 lanes far too quickly.

This is the same on the A38 at Holden hill when coming from Plymouth, but of course there is a speed camera at the bottom just before it merges with the motorway!

Camelopard
5th June 2008, 15:55
- Drivers with fog lights on when there isn't fog.
- Drivers who dive in, out brake you and overtake on the inside at roundabouts.
- Drivers talking on mobiles, often young women with children in the car.
- Drivers that empty their ashtrays in car parks or throw buts out the window.
- Harley riders with no baffles in the mufflers, what makes them think they are above the law?
- Sub woofers!

MrJan
5th June 2008, 15:57
This is the same on the A38 at Holden hill when coming from Plymouth, but of course there is a speed camera at the bottom just before it merges with the motorway!

I was talking about Telegraph hill as I come back from Paignton most days :D

At the top of Holdon I always turn off onto the old road which is always empty, most times I can get down that road as quick as anyone on the dual carriageway AND you don't have to deal with the speed camera ;) :D

Drew
5th June 2008, 17:23
I was talking about Telegraph hill as I come back from Paignton most days :D

Repost in a month's time, when the grockles invade! ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

MrJan
5th June 2008, 20:12
Repost in a month's time, when the grockles invade! ;)

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thank the Lord but I should be finished down there in a week or two and should be back in Exeter. I don't think I could handle a bunch of pink northerners getting lost in front of me *gulp*

6th June 2008, 09:08
People who pull out in front of me making me stomp on the brakes, and then without indicating they turn into a driveway or side road just a little way along making me stomp on the brakes again :angryfire

leopard
9th June 2008, 04:01
hooligans

tmx
9th June 2008, 06:49
People who thinks brakes (and the car) works by magic, and brakes way too late. They should also know that it is tendency to take longer distant to brake SUV and vans compared to small sedan.

Roamy
13th June 2008, 09:13
- Those who drive too slow.
- Those who drive too fast.
- Those who decide to put a gear in trafficlights AFTER the lights has chanced.
- Those who drive too near.
- Those who seem to drive without any determined destination.
- Those who seem to have no clue what so ever.
- Those who drive BMWs
- Speeding cameras.
- Those who apparently has chosen randomly to drive the same frigging route as I with a difference they want to drive it slooooooowly.
- Those who consentrate more on speaking their mobile than driving.
- Drunk drivers.
- Those who are wannabe fast and furious.
- Women who have their seat so close the steering wheel their nose is against windscreen.
- Apparently everything.

Sh!t AFF I didn't know you had enough people living in the ice age to have traffic. Plus you are probably following EKI every day and we all know that he is Stoned :cool:

jim mcglinchey
13th June 2008, 09:49
Driving instructors who dont take the L-plates down when they are driving, and you go to overtake them, thinking its a learner, but they are away like billyoh.

A.F.F.
13th June 2008, 09:56
Sh!t AFF I didn't know you had enough people living in the ice age to have traffic. Plus you are probably following EKI every day and we all know that he is Stoned :cool:

That's because we have only one road here in Scandinavia. And Eki is driving it from head to head with his SUV. :D

Tomski
13th June 2008, 11:04
Anyone with an exhaust pipe you can fit your arm up.

Max Power readers

Wagon drivers who insist on overtaking on dual carriageways, where there is less than 1mph difference in the speeds of the two vehicle concerened!

Wagon drivers who block of the outside lane approaching roadworks miles before the restriction, for no apparent reason!

Before I get driven off the road by the next trucker I see, the majority of HGV's are driven by proferssionals who know what they're doing, and are a pleasure to share the road with.

Mark
13th June 2008, 14:12
Wagon drivers who insist on overtaking on dual carriageways, where there is less than 1mph difference in the speeds of the two vehicle concerened!

This is a massive problem. Coming home yesterday the motorway goes from 3-lanes down to 2-lanes, during the 25 mile 2-lane stretch I never got above 60mph as there were lorries overtaking the entire time. A road which is free flowing at 70mph+ can be reduced to a crawl because of this :(

Christina
13th June 2008, 15:31
i hate drivers who drive erratically. I'm driving a manual car with my left arm in a sling, STOP PULLING IN FRONT OF ME DRAMATICALLY THEN SLOWING DOWN!! I dont have the patience to keep changing gear or steering around you especially when i've forgone painkillers so that i can drive somewhere and not spend another day lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Also, people who drive around carparks at 2km/h looking for a parking space. Just coz you're going slow doesnt mean that a space will magically materialise. This goes similarly for the one armed thing. changing gears with an arm that has just been operated on really hurts! dont make me do it unnessecarily!

Or perhaps i should just not be driving at the moment....

Mark
13th June 2008, 16:55
Stick it in 3rd and leave it there ;)

Azumanga Davo
13th June 2008, 18:40
i hate drivers who drive erratically. I'm driving a manual car with my left arm in a sling, STOP PULLING IN FRONT OF ME DRAMATICALLY THEN SLOWING DOWN!! I dont have the patience to keep changing gear or steering around you especially when i've forgone painkillers so that i can drive somewhere and not spend another day lying in bed feeling sorry for myself.

Also, people who drive around carparks at 2km/h looking for a parking space. Just coz you're going slow doesnt mean that a space will magically materialise. This goes similarly for the one armed thing. changing gears with an arm that has just been operated on really hurts! dont make me do it unnessecarily!

Or perhaps i should just not be driving at the moment....

I've found my driving hate. That's really irresponsible.

COD
13th June 2008, 19:09
List so far is quite comprehensive, but few things missing:

- People who can't keep a steady speed (easy to notice when driving with cruise control on)

- people who drive French cars don't know how to drive (but they don't understand anything about cars either...)

Drew
13th June 2008, 22:21
If you're not able to respond quick enough, should you even be driving? :confused:

Christina
14th June 2008, 01:33
I've found my driving hate. That's really irresponsible.

how is it irresponsible if i'm driving better than half the idiots out there and paying more attention than i usually would to what i'm doing. It's not like i'm driving after taking the painkillers either. i'm just having a few gear change issues..

Galveston dunes
14th June 2008, 01:57
My peeve is when strolling down a highway at the posted speed I come up on someone who doesn't want to be passed so they accelerate and move in front of me only to slow and [I've accually seen them do this] set thier speed control for a slower speed than what I was going. This continues for miles and finally I move pass and stay accelerated for about 300 yards and set my speed to the posted limit once again.
I mean whats the sense in that. I would have passed and moved on without the drama quicker if they just didn't accelerated in the 1st place.

gloomyDAY
14th June 2008, 07:28
My 'friend' says women.

Azumanga Davo
15th June 2008, 13:19
Another to add to the one I said the other day (which stays, because it's only your opinion if you are better than the rest of us inferior drivers)

Caught someone in the next lane to me reading a map book in their hands whilst driving. Oh boy, the swaying and swerving made me think twice about staying alongside.

A.F.F.
15th June 2008, 14:07
Caught someone in the next lane to me reading a map book in their hands whilst driving. Oh boy, the swaying and swerving made me think twice about staying alongside.

Similar to mine. I caught someone making text message while driving. The guy used three lanes and was driving a van :up: :mark:

Garry Walker
15th June 2008, 14:21
Another to add to the one I said the other day (which stays, because it's only your opinion if you are better than the rest of us inferior drivers)

You should have taken a picture and sent it to the police.
Such behaviour is very irresponsible.

Drew
15th June 2008, 14:58
You should have taken a picture and sent it to the police.
Such behaviour is very irresponsible.

So Sir, you took this photo yourself did you, whilst driving did you? Bit irresponsible, isn't it? ;)

Roamy
16th June 2008, 22:44
List so far is quite comprehensive, but few things missing:

- People who can't keep a steady speed (easy to notice when driving with cruise control on)

- people who drive French cars don't know how to drive (but they don't understand anything about cars either...)

It is very hard to maintain a steady pace when you are drunk. That is why they invented cruise control. You take one dimension out of the equation

Spoonbender
16th June 2008, 23:08
People coming towards you, who swerve to avoid something in the road (usualy a plastic bag) thus coming straight for you on your side of the road. Somehow they think this is the better alternative, normally a 4x4.

Peolpe who miss their turning off the roundabout, then, on realising, yank the steering wheel and just about take the front of your car off with no apparent notice that there was a car behind them who knew where he was going.

I get both of these at least twice a week, I hate my life :(

OWFan19
17th June 2008, 01:28
I hate moron boy racers in rubbish cars who deem fit to block every lane on the M1 contraflow and drive at 10 miles an hour with blown up condoms hanging out the window while their mates in an equally rubbish car follow behind them filming them for youtube no doubt. Thats happened to me twice in about 6 weeks. Grrrrr

And I bet they were listening to the rubbish pet shop boys.

A.F.F.
11th September 2009, 09:05
I pulled this up because this one pisses me off in particular. When somebody is driving in front of me planning to make a turn. WHY do they have to slow down, almost stop before making the turn complete ???? I mean the next step would be to stop and take a tent from the trunk and camp there in the middle of the junction. This is unbelivable. **** !!!!

Daniel
11th September 2009, 09:14
Take a chill pill :p

Mark
11th September 2009, 09:27
because not everyone has rally drive cornering skills?!

A.F.F.
11th September 2009, 09:33

We're at Finland. I expect everyone to have rally drive cornering skills. Those ****ing snails !!!

Daniel
11th September 2009, 09:41
He's from Finland though Mark, everyone does have driving skills :) It's in the blood

Easy Drifter
11th September 2009, 15:29
Try living up here in Simcoe County.
Curve sign on highway-- slow down 10 to 15 k from speed already below 80k speed limit. Curve can easily be taken 40 k over limit.
Turning a corner-- slow down 500 metres before turn -- put on brakes 250 metres before turn -- creep into intersection -- put on turn signal -- stop -- wait for car approaching 500 meters away to pass. -- make turn in front of approaching 18 wheeler 20 metres away!!! :eek:

A.F.F.
11th September 2009, 15:42
Turning a corner-- slow down 500 metres before turn -- put on brakes 250 metres before turn -- creep into intersection -- put on turn signal -- stop -- wait for car approaching 500 meters away to pass. -- make turn in front of approaching 18 wheeler 20 metres away!!! :eek:

Change that 18 wheeler to a Fiat Panda and you just described my day.

Mark
11th September 2009, 15:43
or you get the ones who pull out right in front of you causing you to brake then they proceed 15mph under the speed limit.

driveace
11th September 2009, 16:18
Two old ladies in a Mini going down a dual carriageway doing 98kph.Big Artic driver with cruise on ,restricted to 100k by limiter comes up behind flashing his lights ,so she might get a move on.Her old lady passenger says "jump on the brakes really hard Doris and give him a shock!!!!

wedge
11th September 2009, 23:47
The other week a lane hogger managed to really P me off and undertook her.

Turned round to glance and at the silly girl in her own little world.

I was giving her the evil glare, face fuming and turns out the poor lass had a cute face.

Felt a bit bad after that as wouldn't mind having her phone number!

J4MIE
12th September 2009, 00:49
or you get the ones who pull out right in front of you causing you to brake then they proceed 15mph under the speed limit.

Yes!! If you are in such a rush to pull out right in front of me then at least get a move on after you do it dammit!!! :angryfire

Drew
12th September 2009, 02:01
Yes!! If you are in such a rush to pull out right in front of me then at least get a move on after you do it dammit!!! :angryfire

:up:

I'm definitely with this. If you're in enough of a rush to pull out in front of me, do me the favour of flooring it!

steve_spackman
12th September 2009, 02:13
people who merge lanes at the last minute

slinkster
12th September 2009, 12:01
I can't stand people who have their foglights on when it's not foggy.

J4MIE
12th September 2009, 12:33

This is meant to be what happens. Amazes me that when there is a queue for the Forth Bridge if I am driving home, I can easily drive past a mile of stationary traffic and then merge in at the end of the lane and be on my way. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't do that :confused:

A.F.F.
12th September 2009, 12:46
And I just love folks who enter to highway with 60 km/h when people on highway are driving 120 km/h.

wedge
12th September 2009, 14:27
This is meant to be what happens. Amazes me that when there is a queue for the Forth Bridge if I am driving home, I can easily drive past a mile of stationary traffic and then merge in at the end of the lane and be on my way. Can't understand why anyone wouldn't do that :confused:

Fecking retards.

You're supposed to use the available lanes whenever the there's a bottleneck up ahead because traffic flows better instead of creating long tailbacks.

At a busy Silverstone there's usually clear signs to tell people to use both lanes when exiting the car parks onto the A43.

I hate it whenever I try to 'push in' there's always an inconsiderate so and so who refuses acknowledge you're there by adopting tunnel vision.

Dave B
12th September 2009, 17:45
You always get one militant old fart who thinks he's doing everybody a favour by straddling both lanes and blocking anyone from passing, when in fact all they're doing is making the queue stretch back even further. :dozey:

Daniel
12th September 2009, 18:07
I can't stand people who have their foglights on when it's not foggy.
I love the people who flash me to tell my my fogs are on when I'm driving around. Funny thing is I don't even have foglights :mark:

Drew
12th September 2009, 18:26
I love the people who flash me to tell my my fogs are on when I'm driving around. Funny thing is I don't even have foglights :mark:

Could it be your 500 has extremely bright headlights? Driving at night is now tougher, some cars have lights that are sooo bright even though their not on main beam!

tmx
12th September 2009, 20:36
Could it be your 500 has extremely bright headlights? Driving at night is now tougher, some cars have lights that are sooo bright even though their not on main beam! I feel the same way. Mostly coming from those SUVs.

My peeve is when strolling down a highway at the posted speed I come up on someone who doesn't want to be passed so they accelerate and move in front of me only to slow and [I've accually seen them do this] set thier speed control for a slower speed than what I was going. This continues for miles and finally I move pass and stay accelerated for about 300 yards and set my speed to the posted limit once again.
I mean whats the sense in that. I would have passed and moved on without the drama quicker if they just didn't accelerated in the 1st place. Yes, people loves to move in front of you only to drive the same speed. It's the same mentality as people accelerating toward red lights.

Daniel
12th September 2009, 21:50
Could it be your 500 has extremely bright headlights? Driving at night is now tougher, some cars have lights that are sooo bright even though their not on main beam!

Nah it's just got DRL's which people mistake for foglights even though they're nowhere near low enough and they don't shine brightly in your eyes like foglights do.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~fenix1983/Files/DRL.jpg

lcd
13th September 2009, 07:42
People who drive like the road belongs to them!

donKey jote
13th September 2009, 15:15
:laugh:

there were several things that I always found amusing on the UK motorways:
-empty lanes alongside a queue of traffic, miles before the roadworks, occasionally blocked by the militant old farts dave mentioned.
-militant old farts who believed they had the right to be in any lane they wanted just because they thought they were close enough to the speed limit.
-eejuts who thought that an indicator, however sudden, relieved them of looking in their mirrors before cutting out in front of you.
-people moving out a couple of miles before an intersection to let their imaginary friends incorporate, while impeding real traffic behind them.

/rant off/

:dozey:

Mark in Oshawa
13th September 2009, 16:44
Well, A topic in which I have many complaints and probably am as well versed as anyone on the forum.

What pisses me off? People who cant merge and people who cant grasp that the passing lane is just that ...THE PASSING LANE. In the rig, that merge thing means I am on the brakes or trying to move over to let them in to avoid slamming on the brakes. With a load on a rig, you cannot be constantly braking and dealing with people who come off the ramp onto the highway 20mph slower than the traffic. Just when you slam on the brakes to avoid turning them into road pizza, they then find the loud pedal an zoom off.

I have a special place in hell for those, since most in the US seem to also drive Prius's with Obama stickers on the back.....

I also hate people who cannot handle the speed limit, people who cannot handle decision making at lights or intersections, people who think trucks are the dangerous ones on the highway while doing everything they can to make our life more difficult. Nothing annoys me more in the rig than putting my signal on to change lanes to get off onto the right ramp or move over to avoid some doofus coming down the ramp 20mph slower than everyone else, and the idiot sitting beside me ignores the signal, or better yet, forces me to brake and THEN gives me the bird...as if I did something wrong.

I tell you, when I am in the truck, I am totally flummoxed WHY people behave as they do. You give way for people, you allow people in, you move over when you can and you should ALWAYS read the situation in front of you and see that the guy in the rig with the signal on isn't changing lanes to piss YOU off, but he is trying to either avoid running someone over, or he has to move over to get to a ramp. It is easy to drive, it is hard to drive with others aroudn you who are so so selfish they cannot realize they are putting themselves or others in danger.

Oh ya..one more thing. When two lanes merge into one for an accident or construction, why do the people who ignore the merge/lane closed signs always roar down and then try to cut in front? I would love to shoot a few of those....