PDA

View Full Version : What to do when you're bored?

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 11:06
I'm bored. Anyone got any suggestions what I can do? and nothing rude please, and one which doesn't involve spending much money :p :

Daniel
2nd June 2008, 12:08
Go for a walk.

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 12:11
I was thinking about that last night actually Daniel, might take my dads camera with me too

Might head up to to the top of Crooks Peak :up:

pino
2nd June 2008, 12:14
I'm bored. Anyone got any suggestions what I can do? and nothing rude please, and one which doesn't involve spending much money :p :

Go and kleen your room :p :

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 12:19
Very funny Pino ;)

Storm
2nd June 2008, 13:59
Grab a book if you like reading.....great way to get rid of boredom

Donney
2nd June 2008, 14:08
Cook something

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 14:55
Cook :eek: I can do a pizza.... from the freezer!

Alexamateo
2nd June 2008, 15:13
I check out motorsports forums on the internet! ;)

GridGirl
2nd June 2008, 17:33
When I'm bored I generally go to the gym because I always much happier and feel better for it afterwards.

You could go out for a run, you get fitter and might actually enjoy it providing you can go somewhere relatively scenic. You could maybe try cycling. I'm planning to take up cycling once I sort out the road worthiness of my bike. :)

Mark
2nd June 2008, 17:40
I browse the forum on my phone. Like I am doing now while waiting for a train.

schmenke
2nd June 2008, 17:49
Where ya going?

Hazell B
2nd June 2008, 19:30
It's not often I get bored - and usually I'm trying to avoid another job by claiming to have nothing to do anyway!

This afternoon I'd run out of work (that I could be bothered doing) at the stables, so sat watching the cat asleep in a cardboard box for half an hour. I find just sitting looking at something easier than going home to face cooking, cleaning and paperwork :D

The cat was snoring like a fat bullock, by the way. He's funny.

MrJan
2nd June 2008, 20:26
Boredom means Youtube :D Can waste hours on that. You could always get a job, no time to get bored when you have one of them :(

306 Cosworth
2nd June 2008, 23:09
When I'm bored I generally go to the gym because I always much happier and feel better for it afterwards.

You could go out for a run, you get fitter and might actually enjoy it providing you can go somewhere relatively scenic. You could maybe try cycling. I'm planning to take up cycling once I sort out the road worthiness of my bike. :)

I'm a member of a Gym, been down there tonight, and I go running twice a week down the local beach :up:

I have a job too Mr Jan Yeo, just part time ;)

MrJan
2nd June 2008, 23:16
I'm a member of a Gym, been down there tonight, and I go running twice a week down the local beach :up:

I have a job too Mr Jan Yeo, just part time ;)

Spare time should then be used drinking, eating cereal, watching TV and scratching. Worked for me for 3 years at Uni, and I didn't even have the job :up:

leopard
3rd June 2008, 03:33
I check out motorsports forums on the internet! ;)
I am not used to visit forum from 5 pm and after ;)

fandango
3rd June 2008, 21:15
I have two small children. What do I do when I'm bored? Savour it... :)

Hazell B
4th June 2008, 19:52
Spare time should then be used drinking, eating cereal, watching TV and scratching.

Living the dream, eh? :p :

BDunnell
4th June 2008, 20:51
As far as I'm concerned, the Hallmark Channel and UKTV Drama are the perfect boredom antidotes. There's almost always a Columbo or a Diagnosis Murder to be found somewhere. Failing that, I put one on on DVD. Now that's living the dream. ;)

Daniel
4th June 2008, 21:07
As far as I'm concerned, the Hallmark Channel and UKTV Drama are the perfect boredom antidotes. There's almost always a Columbo or a Diagnosis Murder to be found somewhere. Failing that, I put one on on DVD. Now that's living the dream. ;)
BDunnell's house. More Dick van Dyke than you can poke a stick at :p

BDunnell
4th June 2008, 21:09
BDunnell's house. More Dick van Dyke than you can poke a stick at :p

:laugh:

There's nothing wrong with a bit of... no, that was going to be too much.

jens
4th June 2008, 21:27
In my case the boredom is not an exact definition, cause even if I don't do anything in some moment, then I usually find some issues to deeply think about. Or I dive into fantasy worlds and try to think up a world. :p :

The only place, where I feel real boredom, is when I'm in a train moving from one town to another, which takes about two hours. I can't read there or something like that, cause reading in a moving object creates a so-called nausea. The solution is to try to have a small sleep during the trip. :p :

gbar
7th August 2008, 23:36
Learn a foreign language, it's fun and useful.

leopard
8th August 2008, 05:06
Learning foreign language for fun will not make you proficient at it, it may be sometimes stressful. ;)

Washing the car or bike could be a good time killer for me.

Mark
8th August 2008, 08:33
Learning foreign language for fun will not make you proficient at it, it may be sometimes stressful. ;)

Yes :p . It can be fun, but quite often it's just hard slog. I'm trying to learn French for fun, but I think if I want to get any good at it I will have to start taking it seriously, and that means hard work.

gadjo_dilo
8th August 2008, 11:29
When I'm bored I cry. Then I feel better.

SubaruNorway
8th August 2008, 18:02
Watch rally videos ;)

http://videos.streetfire.net/uploaded/SubaruNorway.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/uploaded/TheRallyChannel.htm

gloomyDAY
8th August 2008, 18:04
Get some nookie from the girlfriend.

Garry Walker
9th August 2008, 18:25
Cook :eek: I can do a pizza.... from the freezer! Quite the chef we have!

Get some nookie from the girlfriend.
Finally a sensible idea.

Excluding the latter, reading a book, watching a documentary or a good movie (so gone in 60 seconds is out) are good ideas. Thankfully I live in the countryside so I have loads to do most of the time anyway.

jso1985
10th August 2008, 04:01
Living the dream, eh? :p :

I always thought going to college was actually to do that and avoid getting jobs for another 4-5 years :p :D

angie1313
11th August 2008, 15:44
I like to go for a run or stop by the forums! ;)

slinkster
11th August 2008, 16:43
Make cookies!

J4MIE
12th August 2008, 00:12
Make soup :cool:

Or spend time thinking I should go and do some exercise, but not actually get around to doing any :D Or think of ideas for future travel plans which will probably never happen but it's good to dream :up:

Valve Bounce
12th August 2008, 01:27

PLay Sudoku. And if you or anyone else are really interested in great free games and free lessons, send me a PM and I'll give you the link. This is really great for oldies also, as it exercises the brain which in turn helps against Alzheimer.

The instant classic
12th August 2008, 17:35
find ways to kill myself without making a mess, lol jk!!!

tmx
13th August 2008, 03:32
play richard burns rally.

millencolin
17th August 2008, 05:03
go to the zoo, flip off the monkeys :p :

harsha
17th August 2008, 07:01
listen to music,or daydream like playing the guitar like shawn lane

ShiftingGears
17th August 2008, 07:13
daydream like playing the guitar like shawn lane

Ha! :p :

Rollo
18th August 2008, 00:57
Why not wander the to front of a Post Office queue and have no idea why youu're there? Don't have any letters, or a tax disc to pay, nothing, and stand there going:
"I just joined this queue, why did I join this queue? I don't know, there was people queuing here, I though it would be a good idea" Then listen...

Cashier No 3 please. Cashier No 7 please. Cashier No 2 please.

Here's a thought, if you are a slightly older type person and happen to be bored and happen to have not very much money, why not go down to the Post Office and play Counter Bingo? Just pick some random numbers and while you're standing there:
Cashier No 5 please. Cashier No 4 please. Cashier No 11 please.

HOUSE :D

Drew
18th August 2008, 18:13
Lol Rollo, how about going to a busy local branch of a bank simply to take out money and then forget 1) how much money you have in the account and 2) how much money you want to take out. USE THE SODDING CASH MACHINE OUTSIDE, GRRRR. I swear that stupid woman is in there every time I want to go. One day I'll say something, grrr.

Daniel
18th August 2008, 22:13
Lol Rollo, how about going to a busy local branch of a bank simply to take out money and then forget 1) how much money you have in the account and 2) how much money you want to take out. USE THE SODDING CASH MACHINE OUTSIDE, GRRRR. I swear that stupid woman is in there every time I want to go. One day I'll say something, grrr.
Same here. You walk into the HSBC and there's a paying in machine which takes about 30 seconds to use but people prefer to queue for 5 minutes instead. Mostly old people.....

Drew
18th August 2008, 23:03
Same here. You walk into the HSBC and there's a paying in machine which takes about 30 seconds to use but people prefer to queue for 5 minutes instead. Mostly old people.....

Oh no, this lady is just 50 odd with a curly ball of hair who is just frustratingly stupid, she also has one of those voices that makes you think she's stupid before even meeting her. Sometimes I wonder how they survive and then I realise they are the people that get conned thousands and thousands of pounds by fake schemes and what have you.