PDA

View Full Version : John Andretti vs. Jay Howard

Scheckterfan54
1st June 2008, 17:37
On pole day at Indy, Andretti replaced Howard in the #24 Roth Racing car on a one race basis. So why is he still in Howard's car? Jay Howard is a good young driver who is lacking good track experience in ICS. Andretti is a veteran of a lot of different styles of racing and has competed in the Dallara chassis less than howard has(Andretti-2, Howard-3). When is Roth going to get the clue and either put Howard in that car or keep andretti and replace howard in the 25 car. Roth could be a good team owner with his experience as a driver(although not a good one), but he needs to concentrate on that.

Pat Wiatrowski
1st June 2008, 18:13
On pole day at Indy, Andretti replaced Howard in the #24 Roth Racing car on a one race basis. So why is he still in Howard's car? Jay Howard is a good young driver who is lacking good track experience in ICS. Andretti is a veteran of a lot of different styles of racing and has competed in the Dallara chassis less than howard has(Andretti-2, Howard-3). When is Roth going to get the clue and either put Howard in that car or keep andretti and replace howard in the 25 car. Roth could be a good team owner with his experience as a driver(although not a good one), but he needs to concentrate on that.

Money Talks!

Scheckterfan54
2nd June 2008, 21:19
It just seems to me that some of the successfull Indylights drivers are signed by ICS teams, just not racing. This is counterproductive and I would think it is setting the drivers back as opposed to driving in Indylights.

AussieV8
3rd June 2008, 05:34
IMHO Roth is pretty useless as a driver, so I reckon he should step back to a team management role and replace himself with John Andretti, who can then act as a mentor to Jay Howard.

Chris Herr
4th July 2008, 23:03
It seems to me John Andretti did An excellent job driving Roth's second car, putting it mid pack or better for most of the races. I'm surprised Roth didn't leave him in the car for the road course at Watkins Glen. Maybe it's Jay Howard's money that is doing the talking.

DavePI2
4th July 2008, 23:13
as i said in another thread instead of taking the car back to the garage roth should have brought it and used someone else(andretti).

david

bones
5th July 2008, 00:48
I don't think Howard is bringing $pon$or? Is he?

beachbum
5th July 2008, 12:19
I hope Howard brought money as he hasn't brought much speed. After 2 practices at the Glen, he is over 4 1/2 seconds off the fastest times and closer to Milka than Dixon. It is a bit perplexing that he could be so good in Lights, and so slow in the Indy Cars. I don't think the team missed the setup that badly. Maybe staying with John would have been a better bet.

Chamoo
5th July 2008, 20:05
I don't think the team missed the setup that badly.

I think it's quite possible that team missed the setup that badly. As far as I know, Crew Chief Curry is an oval guy, not a road course guy. Add the issues that team has, and the fact Jay hasn't driven in a couple of months, I could see why he would be at the bottom of the charts.

Perhaps Marty and another one car effort could merge and produce a stronger two car team. HVM or even PCM could use a second car to collect data from.

speeddurango
9th July 2008, 05:58
Jay Howard was really bad, sorry, he could find sponsors, and more cars are always good for Indycars, but in terms of ability and their name publicity, Hay is a no match to John.