PDA

View Full Version : BRC 2006 Review DVD

Res Ipsa Loquitur
23rd January 2007, 19:53
I bought a copy of the BRC 2006 review DVD and I must say I'm disappointed, particularly with the coverage of Rally Isle of Man. It all seems so biased in favour of Mark Higgins and Guy Wilks and misses out the last four stages. There's absolutely no mention of the rally winner, Eugene Donnelly.

Erki
23rd January 2007, 20:06
Were all the tarmac rounds also part of Irish Tar Championship? If so, were the winners of those rallies mentioned?

Res Ipsa Loquitur
27th January 2007, 12:22
The only mention of the Irish Tarmac Chmpionship is in the footage of the Ulster Rally. The rest of the DVD is Mark Higgins this, Guy Wilks that and Rory Galligan the other. Gwyndaf Evans does get a few mentions.

I shouted abuse at the telly when I heard Mike Brewer state that Mark Higgins won the Rally Isle of Man. He won the PRODUCTION championship. Eugene Donnelly was the overall winner. I have video evidence to prove it.

geo374
27th January 2007, 15:10
Considering the DVD is a review of the BRC season, why should it mention drivers in other championships? If you want a review of the Irish Tarmac Championship buy an Irish Tarmac Championship DVD!

jamessmith73
6th February 2007, 12:53
I have just recieved my Dvd throught the post and i have to say it should be renamed as the 2006 Mark Higgins review!!The likes of Gwyndaff and Ryan dont win rallys,Mark loses them and also it angers me how little coverage of the wales rally gb round Stuart Jones got this guy blasted his oppenents on the stages, how will the youth ever get sponsourship when even showing incredible raw pace like stuart jones did on rally gb doesnt get you more coverage than the likes of Diggins who was off the pace of Stuart,had alot less stage wins,and ive also noticed not carrying the proper championship stickers, it is an insult to of finally gained such a incredible competition level in the brc and have it represented by this bias unproffesional review dvd

rwssport
7th February 2007, 13:11
Re Isle of Man - it was the same in the BRC a number of years ago when F2 was the main category with GpN running for their own separate award. I think it was the first round in Wales - David Higgins won it in a Group N Impreza but got no coverage and as far as the report was concerned it was one of, I think, the Renault drivers who "won" the event...

As far as the DVD / championship was concerned Miggins did "win" the Isle of Man event... Aren't we supposed to look on these "dull" WRC's as "red herrings" anyway....

andyg07
7th February 2007, 13:52
The british series doesnt recognise the irish series in my mind. This year Derek McGarrity won the Jim Clark overall and british tv only talked about the grp n class and even at that only the british runners not the irish grp n runners.The same happened in the isle of man and the ulster where eugene donnelly won overall in both rounds. Crazy.Probably comes down to jealousy that the irish series is so strong.

jamessmith73
7th February 2007, 14:08
The British show was titled "the British rally championship 2006" so it showed the BRC

sills
7th February 2007, 15:01
The Irish championship rearley gets mentioned or recognised when the BRC & ITC meet, I've been saying this the last Few years the best thing the ITC can do is not run on the Isle Of Man and Jim Clark. They could then run an extra couple of events in Ireland and it would cost less on all crews competeing there are plenty of good roads in the east and midlands im sure that are not used every round of the ITC is along the west and North costs apart from the other stupid 2

J4MIE
7th February 2007, 20:38
On the ITC coverage the BRC boys don't get a mention. Booooooooooo.

;)

sills
8th February 2007, 05:24
On the ITC coverage the BRC boys don't get a mention. Booooooooooo.

;)

They do on the group N and modified programes, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rwssport
8th February 2007, 09:14
They do on the group N and modified programes, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How many of the BRC boys were registered for the ITC?? I'd guess Mark was since he also did Cork 20 and Donegal as I think did James Wozencroft in the Suzuki...

andyg07
8th February 2007, 12:41
The british championship did not mention any irish runners on the 3 rounds that the championships ran together.McGarritys win in scotland along with donnellys superb wins in the isle of man and the ulster were not shown on british tv or even mentioned.Rpm in ireland showed the british runners. Maybe its jealousy i dont kno

sills
8th February 2007, 14:42
The british championship did not mention any irish runners on the 3 rounds that the championships ran together.McGarritys win in scotland along with donnellys superb wins in the isle of man and the ulster were not shown on british tv or even mentioned.Rpm in ireland showed the british runners. Maybe its jealousy i dont kno

hit the nail on d head first time.should be keepin costs down and not bothering about the two rounds across d water really and run two rounds extra rounds in ireland

andyg07
9th February 2007, 13:48
How about running the 2 day west cork rally and the 2 day wexford rally as full internationals.They could replace the jcmr and iom. The west cork was a full international event back in the 80s.

sills
9th February 2007, 16:01
How about running the 2 day west cork rally and the 2 day wexford rally as full internationals.They could replace the jcmr and iom. The west cork was a full international event back in the 80s.

Thts very true they are already to day events and not part of a major championship it would make sense if this ever happens, would love to see it

Langdale Forest
1st November 2009, 19:23
It is a good DVD despite the problems.