PDA

View Full Version : Kimi escaped more severe punishment

mstillhere
31st May 2008, 05:15
According to the article it looks like the Monaco stewards don't know the F1 rules and Kimi got very lucky. My question is: is anybody taking F1 seriously?
The weather machine was wrong, Mosley plays his nazi games, and now the stewards don't know the rules (just to mention a few)? Of course their finfind does not change anything since Kimi did not get any points but what if he had? I don't know!!!
//blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/05/30/mccain_asserts_return_to_presu.html?hpid=topnews

SGWilko
31st May 2008, 07:39
According to the article it looks like the Monaco stewards don't know the F1 rules and Kimi got very lucky. My question is: is anybody taking F1 seriously?
The weather machine was wrong, Mosley plays his nazi games, and now the stewards don't know the rules (just to mention a few)? Of course their finfind does not change anything since Kimi did not get any points but what if he had? I don't know!!!
//blog.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/05/30/mccain_asserts_return_to_presu.html?hpid=topnews

Is Kimi backing McCain for president or something? :confused:

Valve Bounce
31st May 2008, 09:30
No!! he's backing Al Gore. :p :

mstillhere
31st May 2008, 16:32
Is Kimi backing McCain for president or something? :confused:

OOOOpppsssss.....my huge mistake. This is the article I was referrring to. Sorry about that.
http://formula-one.speedtv.com/article/f1-raikkonens-penalty-that-never-was/

SGWilko
31st May 2008, 16:38
OOOOpppsssss.....my huge mistake. This is the article I was referrring to. Sorry about that.

:D

That's better. Good find. Dare I say we could draw paralels with the, ahem, 'crane incident' in the incorrect application of said rules.....

....and the hoo haa that created?

mutter mutter mutter, favouritism, blah blah thribble! ;) :p :

ioan
31st May 2008, 16:40
Thanks for clearing that up.

Here's the essence of the article:

The rules read as follows: “When the three minute signal is shown all cars must have their wheels fitted, after this signal wheels may only be removed in the pit lane or on the grid during a race suspension. Any car which does not have all its wheels fully fitted at the three minute signal must start the race from
the back of the grid or the pit lane. Under these circumstances a marshal holding a yellow flag will prevent the car (or cars) from leaving the grid until all cars able to do so have left to start the formation lap.”

ioan
31st May 2008, 16:42
double post. sorry.

Knock-on
2nd June 2008, 10:21
:D

That's better. Good find. Dare I say we could draw paralels with the, ahem, 'crane incident' in the incorrect application of said rules.....

....and the hoo haa that created?

mutter mutter mutter, favouritism, blah blah thribble! ;) :p :

I must admit, I thought the same before I read your post.

What we have to bear in mind is that occassionally the supervisors make mistakes. It's human nature and will always happen.

With the Lewis incident, if he had of scored points, I would have expected him to be disqualified but I doubt this would have happened in this case because he served a penalty.

As it was, it doesn't matter anyway but it goes to show that cock-ups are not a conspiracy but par for the course.