PDA

View Full Version : Respect

seppefan
27th May 2008, 19:09
Saw this on Autosport. Interview with Stefano Domenicali after Monte Carlo race.

Do McLaren have an advantage by edging their bets on just one driver instead of two?
SD: "I don't know. It's easy to say that today because Kovalainen didn't start. We'll have to see. It's always easy to analyze things in retrospect. If you look at previous races, Kovalainen's race lap times and what he could do in those races, besides some problems, show that he's second to no one. But this is not my problem. From this point of view we aren't changing.

+++

Will it be Kimi or Massa who is the first to leave. We have views but do not know. Who will replace, well it depends which one is first to leave. We hear Alonso is signed. Possible but I feel the options in the supposed contract will prevent this. So maybe Fernando but what about Sutil or is the fact that Fisi has appeared to out drive him this year apart from Monaco has proven to push him down the list. Vetel, unavailable. Rosberg, I do not think so. Kubica...and on and on. Actually it is surprising how few drivers on the grid appeal. Lewis, no no! The others no chance. Bourdais,mmmm.. no. Piquet, Naka, Glock, Trulli, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Button, no.

So a GP2 driver, risky and very unlikely.

So I repeat the quote.

Kovalainen's race lap times and what he could do in those races, besides some problems, show that he's second to no one.

++

For me it is Vetel, Kubica or Kovalainen.

Vetel - as I said unavailable as Red Bull don't need cash and he is a Red Bull driver next year.
Kubica - very possible unless BWM have a contractual hold on him.
Kovalainen - I am sure happy to stay at Mclaren but just has happy to join another quality team.

Interesting and time will tell of course. Will they get who they want? Mclaren did not this year for their first or second choice and how pleased they must be now.

Another year of learning for HK it seems according to this years results so far and next year HK must deliver at Mclaren ( if he does not this year, with a majority of races still to come ).

Questions.

ArrowsFA1
28th May 2008, 08:31
Another year of learning for HK it seems according to this years results so far and next year HK must deliver at Mclaren ( if he does not this year, with a majority of races still to come)
I'm sure Heikki will deliver this year :cool:

ioan
28th May 2008, 09:42
Saw this on Autosport. Interview with Stefano Domenicali after Monte Carlo race.

Do McLaren have an advantage by edging their bets on just one driver instead of two?
SD: "I don't know. It's easy to say that today because Kovalainen didn't start. We'll have to see. It's always easy to analyze things in retrospect. If you look at previous races, Kovalainen's race lap times and what he could do in those races, besides some problems, show that he's second to no one. But this is not my problem. From this point of view we aren't changing.

+++

Will it be Kimi or Massa who is the first to leave. We have views but do not know. Who will replace, well it depends which one is first to leave. We hear Alonso is signed. Possible but I feel the options in the supposed contract will prevent this. So maybe Fernando but what about Sutil or is the fact that Fisi has appeared to out drive him this year apart from Monaco has proven to push him down the list. Vetel, unavailable. Rosberg, I do not think so. Kubica...and on and on. Actually it is surprising how few drivers on the grid appeal. Lewis, no no! The others no chance. Bourdais,mmmm.. no. Piquet, Naka, Glock, Trulli, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Button, no.

So a GP2 driver, risky and very unlikely.

So I repeat the quote.

Kovalainen's race lap times and what he could do in those races, besides some problems, show that he's second to no one.

++

For me it is Vetel, Kubica or Kovalainen.

Vetel - as I said unavailable as Red Bull don't need cash and he is a Red Bull driver next year.
Kubica - very possible unless BWM have a contractual hold on him.
Kovalainen - I am sure happy to stay at Mclaren but just has happy to join another quality team.

Interesting and time will tell of course. Will they get who they want? Mclaren did not this year for their first or second choice and how pleased they must be now.

Another year of learning for HK it seems according to this years results so far and next year HK must deliver at Mclaren ( if he does not this year, with a majority of races still to come ).

Questions.

And where exactly are the questions?!
What exactly is this thread about?
Why is it called "respect"?

These are questions that need an answer before you expect people to answer your post.

seppefan
28th May 2008, 13:15
And where exactly are the questions?!
What exactly is this thread about?
Why is it called "respect"?

These are questions that need an answer before you expect people to answer your post.

Do their have to be questions.
The next Ferrari drivers.
Respect - Domenicali's quote.

Ranger
28th May 2008, 13:28
Will it be Kimi or Massa who is the first to leave.
Probably Kimi at the end of '09. That's my guess. That's when his contract ends, Felipe's at the end of '10.

Who will replace, well it depends which one is first to leave. We hear Alonso is signed. Possible but I feel the options in the supposed contract will prevent this. So maybe Fernando but what about Sutil or is the fact that Fisi has appeared to out drive him this year apart from Monaco has proven to push him down the list. Vetel, unavailable. Rosberg, I do not think so. Kubica...and on and on. Actually it is surprising how few drivers on the grid appeal. Lewis, no no! The others no chance. Bourdais,mmmm.. no. Piquet, Naka, Glock, Trulli, Coulthard, Heidfeld, Button, no.

The one guy who's doing a better job at the moment than all of those people barring Kubica, and who isn't on that list, is Mark Webber. If Ferrari know one of their drivers are leaving in the near future they would be stupid not to at least consider him.

Remember too that Felipe didn't really look decent until '05, and, hey presto, Ferrari contract for '06 and '07.

Look where he is now.

ioan
28th May 2008, 14:33
The next Ferrari drivers.
Respect - Domenicali's quote.

Now it's a bit more clear.