PDA

View Full Version : Interesting article from former driver Chris Amon

Placid
27th May 2008, 03:56
This article is in regards about teams being a bit reluctant in getting
drivers from US series (Indy Car) as they said of Scott Dixon winning the
500. And is a fact since the leagues split in the mid-90s.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080527001132.shtml

Your thoughts.

call_me_andrew
27th May 2008, 04:04
These days, anyone over the age of 19 is too old to transition to Formula 1.

CNR
27th May 2008, 04:24
i think if any of the 3 australian born drivers in the champcar irl get to f1 it will be ryan briscoe

BRISBANE-born New Zealander Scott Dixon

AussieV8
27th May 2008, 07:06
IMHO Briscoe has been rather unimpressive with both Ganassi and now Penske in Indycar (with the exception of the 5th place run at Indy last year). Dixon appears to be a far better driver IMHO. If any of the current Indycar drivers deserve an F1 drive, I reckon it is Dixon.

anthonyvop
27th May 2008, 16:00
These days, anyone over the age of 19 is too old to transition to Formula 1.

Sebatein Bourdais never got that memo.

Roamy
27th May 2008, 17:57
i think if any of the 3 australian born drivers in the champcar irl get to f1 it will be ryan briscoe

BRISBANE-born New Zealander Scott Dixon

Ryan Briscoe can't even drive out of the pits - He is nowhere. probably be about a impressive as piquet

seppefan
27th May 2008, 17:57
Dixon can deliver on all three types of courses and in the right car and enviroment could deliver i feel. He is intelligent as well as very quick. Lets the results do the talking. Briscoe is still a little under the curve, promises but it does not quite happen. Power, needs to show a little consistency while fast.

Lets see Kyle Busch in a good car.That will be interesting.

JSH
27th May 2008, 18:43
Sebatein Bourdais never got that memo.

Aaah, that must be how he crashed at Monaco then... trying to reach over the armco to get his mail while driving...