PDA

View Full Version : Renault R27

Ranger
23rd January 2007, 13:03
Will be launched in the Netherlands today (or tomorrow for you European/American/Scandinavian folk).

Does anyone else think this car is at least going to be top 3 material? I'm not gonna place bets on any title but writing off the reigning champions, despite lesser drivers than in their 2005-2006 lineup, as well as Symonds admitting the team being "less bullish" than in 2006 pre-season, does seem rather silly to me.

Comments/Pictures here please. :up:

janneppi
23rd January 2007, 13:19
Unless the car isn't complete rubbish, i'd expect good points placings for both drivers regulary and perhaps the occational podium or even a win or two.

jens
23rd January 2007, 16:00
If the car is as competitive as in the last years, then wins should definetely come. Fisichella has won a race both in 2005 and 2006. Why shouldn't he be able to achieve that again? Maybe even 2-3 wins this time (especially on the tracks that really suit Fisi - Melbourne, Sepang, Monaco, Montreal and/or Spa). And in that case Kovalainen should be able to score a win too in the second half of the season.

samuratt
23rd January 2007, 20:50
I think that if they have a good car Kovalainen can do great!! Fishi can get some wins at the begining if, like last year, they get to Australia one step in front of the rest.

Big Ben
23rd January 2007, 22:38
Reanault is a strange team. They won the last wcc titles and I still have the sensation that the two season were dominated by Mclaren and Ferrari....

Ranger
24th January 2007, 05:25
eu, that's one of the reasons that, IMO Renault will not win the titles if their form is near last years or 2005. It'd need to be an F2002 for it to be the champion car IMO.

Still expecting at least a 3rd place overall though.

K-Pu
24th January 2007, 05:48
Well, I think all of us think the same...

Renault wonīt be a TRUE title contender but wins are possible. Maybe 3rd in the championship, or even 2nd if Ferrari or McLaren bring a really bad car. Even 4th if Honda are in good shape... but these are not the most likely options...

So the best should be 3rd. The funny thing will be seeing Fisi not being under the "dominion" of Alonso. I hope heīll do it fine, and at least score his "win of the year". It would be even better if Iīm wrong and Renault can bring serious trouble to Ferrari and McLaren.

Big Ben
24th January 2007, 11:39
I wanna see them starting bad, improving during the season... and some coming from behind... chasing the leader... I donīt want to see them winning races at the beginnig and "playing catenaccio" for the rest of the season... Three years with the same story would be just too boring.

Big Ben
24th January 2007, 11:41
I wanna see them starting bad, improving during the season... and some coming from behind... chasing the leader... I donīt want to see them winning races at the beginnig and "playing catenaccio" for the rest of the season... Three years with the same story would be just too boring.
I forgot something.... as long as they donīt fight only against ferrari... then it doesnīt matter how they win... just win!

Ranger
24th January 2007, 11:51
Well what time is it in Holland right now? I want to see this new Renault and it is starting to get past my bedtime! :mad: :p

Big Ben
24th January 2007, 11:54
Well what time is it in Holland right now? I want to see this new Renault and it is starting to get past my bedtime! :mad: :p

12:48

Ranger
24th January 2007, 12:09
So it should be launched about now. :)

Big Ben
24th January 2007, 12:25
So it should be launched about now. :)

I donīt know about that... It says 13:00 GMT... Iīm not sure but isnīt that the time for England?... So... One more hour... 14:00 in Holland.... They "fooled" me too :)

jens
24th January 2007, 13:51
http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/renault_r27_launch_2007_2.jpg

Here is the car. To me the livery looks very beautiful indeed. :)

TopSpeed
24th January 2007, 13:52
It's ugly!!!
It's on http://www.autosport.com already...white, yellow, orange and dark blue=ugly!

Big Ben
24th January 2007, 13:58
It's ugly!!!
It's on http://www.autosport.com already...white, yellow, orange and dark blue=ugly!
and some black... It doesnīt look that bad though

TopSpeed
24th January 2007, 14:01
We will have to see how it looks on track. It won't be difficult to spot from far away though, it's circus tent...

ioan
24th January 2007, 14:02
Very cluttered, bad livery design, too many colors, all in one a butt ugly livery. The blue interim design was very nice, this is plain ugly. Someone throw ING out of F1.
Not too talk about the drivers overalls, those are horrible.

harsha
24th January 2007, 14:03
too many colours,i was expecting Renault to have the best livery this year after the disappointing ferrari and the mclaren liveries....looks like the best Livery would go to Williams though....

waitey
24th January 2007, 14:05
i actually don't mind it. I think its actualy not bad. But it's all personal opinion. The "coolest" livery ever would be seen as ugly by thousands, yet the "ugliest" livery would be seen as cool by thousands, you can't please everyone. Personal opinion. Get over it, formula 1 at the end of the day is about how fast it goes. it could be worse, like pink with purple and yellow poka dots and a rainbow and flowers on the side of the car.

ArrowsFA1
24th January 2007, 14:06
What a mess http://emcsmileys.com/s/gross.gif

DanielB
24th January 2007, 14:06
Not sure about that... turn the yellow to orange and it might be alright.

jens
24th January 2007, 14:09
As usual, I disagree with almost everyone. :D

Anyway, as yellow is my fav. colour, then I'm happy to see that quite a lot on Renault. And I like yellow and white combination. So far my favourite colour theme this season and not impossible it'll stay my favourite unless Red Bull brings out something more beautiful. :p :

But yeah - after all, the beauty is in the eyes of viewer. :p :

(Please Renault, prove that you can fight for the title even without Alonso! :p : )

harsha
24th January 2007, 14:14
i'd suggest you should get your eyes checked then :p j/k btw....

Mifune
24th January 2007, 14:58
oh dear thats not nice at all,
trying to think of nice orange cars of the past, the test mac and the arrows were both much easier on the eye than this, it looks like a back marker from a champ car race thats been designed during a power cut.

I am evil Homer
24th January 2007, 15:03
Very cluttered, bad livery design, too many colors, all in one a butt ugly livery. The blue interim design was very nice, this is plain ugly. Someone throw ING out of F1.
Not too talk about the drivers overalls, those are horrible.

Yeah that's right, lets throw out a major backer of a key team when team sponsors are hard to come by because the team couldn't design a livery.

The interim livery was nicer with the navy blue...that looks a bit NASCAR for my liking - logos all over the place.

24th January 2007, 15:08
Telefonica have gone by the looks of it.

Maybe Flavio should give UPS a ring seeing how there is a rear wing space going since what that livery really needs is the addition of some brown.....not.

ArrowsFA1
24th January 2007, 15:09
ING's colours by themselves are fine, but mixed with everything else they look a mess. It just looks like Mild Seven stickers have been taken off and ING's stuck where they were.

Ah well...as long as the car's quick.

24th January 2007, 15:18
ING's colours by themselves are fine, but mixed with everything else they look a mess. It just looks like Mild Seven stickers have been taken off and ING's stuck where they were.

Ah well...as long as the car's quick.

Exactly. Colour schemes have yet to be the deciding factor in a title race (Except for once.....Who could forget the Great 'British Racing Green' paint shortage of 1960?)

Having said that, and as a man who usually couldn't give a monkeys about livery.......from an aesthetic point of view, it would have been better to swop the yellow for more blue and have the lettering on the blue changed to yellow.

(Although if you can follow what I've just written you are a better man than me, but I know what I mean and that's the most important factor!)

fly_ac
24th January 2007, 15:41
Uurrgggghhhh looks like vomit in a tumble dryer. Like the colour of the tyres though. :D

ioan
24th January 2007, 15:45
Uurrgggghhhh looks like vomit in a tumble dryer.

That's very expressive! :D

ioan
24th January 2007, 15:49
BTW the car looks good from above!

fly_ac
24th January 2007, 15:58
BTW the car looks good from above!

Have'nt seen it from above, yet. :)

fly_ac
24th January 2007, 16:00
That's very expressive! :D

Sorry, hope you weren't hungry at the time. :D

ratonmacias
24th January 2007, 16:04
that car better be fast because it looks like ****.

rlenis
24th January 2007, 16:19
that usually happens when you try to please too many people.
Orange/white and a blue wing would have been perfect. the yellow .....the yellow.. that killed it. ELF lubricants must be happy I guess......

ArrowsFA1
24th January 2007, 16:21
Here it is in its' full glory

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/01/24/official-2007-renault-r27-pictures/

http://emcsmileys.com/s/gross.gifhttp://emcsmileys.com/s/gross.gif

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 16:29
http://emcsmileys.com/s/gross.gifhttp://emcsmileys.com/s/gross.gif

Well said. :s

Donney
24th January 2007, 16:52
Well what could they have done with the colours they had?

I have to admit I like it.

24th January 2007, 17:07
the yellow .....the yellow.. that killed it. ELF lubricants must be happy I guess......

Elf lubricants colours are Red, White & Blue. (It's a French thing, what with them actually being called Essence Lubrifications Francais or something very close to that).

The colour your complaining about is the corporate colour of.......Renault themselves, and since Renault built the car and race the car I think we'll have to accept that the yellow is staying put.

rlenis
24th January 2007, 17:07
I am starting to wonder if the designers of this page had anything to do with it.

luca27
24th January 2007, 17:27
worst livery i've seen for a long long time. As for those wing mirrors, wont they be classed as an aerodynamic device in the same ilk as the engine cover mounted wings or Tyrrell style X wings that are banned?

K-Pu
24th January 2007, 17:36
Ufff...

I like yellow, but in this case yellow is killing the livery. They have created a complete mess of a livery! It seems like theyīve just thrown all their colours over the car, and then theyīve cleaned it just a bit.

The best looking part of the car is, as Ioan said, from above, and in that case it isnīt bad at all:

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2007/01/24/official-2007-renault-r27-pictures/renault-r27-launch-2007-11/

I think the car looks so bad because of the front section. If it were orange / white, it should be good. Or if the rear section were yellow. But mixing the two... noy good at all!

luvracin
24th January 2007, 17:42
Over the last few years we've all complained about teams having similar colour schemes... eg: Blue and white with Williams and BMW, Red and white with Toyota and SuperAguri.....

At least we CAN say, that NOBODY is going to have a similar colour combination to Renault.

viper_man
24th January 2007, 17:47
Individual yes, but completely vile.

F1boat
24th January 2007, 18:17
I don't like the colours. Look like some weird sweet.

Daika
24th January 2007, 18:26
Glad i don't have a bankaccount at ING. They should have the rival postbank lion. At least that their blue lion looks appealing.

jens
24th January 2007, 18:28
At least we CAN say, that NOBODY is going to have a similar colour combination to Renault.

True! :up:

I would imagine people's reaction if Renault had brought out a red car... Be happy that at least this hasn't happened. :p : Why are you always trying to find the negative side, why not positive?

24th January 2007, 18:41
Aren't the colours on the Renault generally the same ones that are generally natures way of saying 'keep off'? I'm sure there are some horribly poisonous snakes that will be consulting their lawyers regarding copyright infringement.

jonny hurlock
24th January 2007, 18:48
I think they trying to go old skool with their design (famious renault livies in the 70/80's) but in this livery and race gear are just poor to look at.

jens
24th January 2007, 18:48
http://images.f1racing.net/large/67430.jpg
http://www.f1-live.com/f1/photos/2007/team-renault/diapo_120.jpg

Views from front and rear as well.

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 18:50
I would imagine people's reaction if Renault had brought out a red car... Be happy that at least this hasn't happened. Why are you always trying to find the negative side, why not positive?

We are not trying to find the negative side in this case - the negative side has found us! :p :

I mean, red, white or black - the livery is ****ing ugly. :\ That is to say, vomit inducing. :\ That is to say, I hope the Renaults have a dismal reliability record this year, so that we won't have to see much of this horrible, horrible livery. :\

Donney
24th January 2007, 19:00
Aren't the colours on the Renault generally the same ones that are generally natures way of saying 'keep off'? I'm sure there are some horribly poisonous snakes that will be consulting their lawyers regarding copyright infringement.

http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy097.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org)

I still like it though.

ioan
24th January 2007, 19:18
Here's a pic from above.
It looks much better than the lateral views we will get for most of the races!

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 19:28
No, it doesn't. :s

ioan
24th January 2007, 19:43
No, it doesn't. :s

Is that you Stevie Wonder?! :p :

EuroTroll
24th January 2007, 19:50
Is that you Stevie Wonder?! :p :

No, it isn't. :s :p :

Scuderia ferrari
24th January 2007, 19:58
Love the new color scheme of the car, i have many pictures on my maj account of the new car, so here is the link
http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131426
Notice all the other 2007 pickies!

ioan
24th January 2007, 20:03
No, it isn't. :s :p :

Sorry Ray I didn't realise it was you! :D

K-Pu
24th January 2007, 20:10
Love the new color scheme of the car, i have many pictures on my maj account of the new car, so here is the link
http://www.maj.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=131426
Notice all the other 2007 pickies!

Well, seeing side by side the Renault and McLaren, Iīm ready to say something that will sound "strange":

Renault looks better than McLaren.

Mclaren are even worse than last year. Everyone was saying that they were wonderful, but for me they were concrete-like. And now with that Vodafone red spot are even worse! Renault have also screwed it up mixing yellow and white/orange. While a yellow car would be truly wonderful, and a white/orange would be nice too, these 2 mixed are quite horrible. But seen from above it looks great!

futuretiger9
24th January 2007, 20:52
Yes, the new Renault livery is certainly "distinctive". The team will certainly miss the leadership and consistency of Alonso, but it is up to Fisichella to step up the plate and show that he can be a team leader in a top outfit. The car should be reliable and fast, but do they have that extra few percent which makes champions?

Hawkmoon
24th January 2007, 21:10
I think the main problem with is.......foul abomination of a race car livery is that yellow and orange don't go together very well. It looks similar to the contents of my daughter's nappy after we've had spaghetti for dinner.

I think yellow goes well with darker colours like the old Jordans and the interim livery Renault had this year. With bright orange and white? Definately not.

This one goes back to the '80's and Benetton's multicoloured nightmares.

Sleeper
24th January 2007, 21:30
The interim Renault colour scheme of navy blue and yellow was an excellent livery, the ING colours probably would have made a decent livery as well, but put together is one of the ugliest liveries I have ever seen.

thesprog
24th January 2007, 22:16
That is one very fine looking car IMO

(Mind you I am colourblind)

Cozzie
24th January 2007, 22:21
Thank God Alonso Isn"t Driving That!!!

ChrisS
24th January 2007, 22:35
OT question but why is the chronotech logo at a different place on Fisichella's overalls? is it his personal sponsor or something?

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/f1/2007/gen/f1-2007-gen-xp-0634.jpg

even more OT the Renault F1 website has chronotech spelled wrong at their parter list and have a wrong url as a link

POS_Maggott
24th January 2007, 23:01
Oh for the love of God.

They really got my hopes up with the dark blue and yellow test car. This livery is... well... I think everyone has already said it.

Hawkmoon
24th January 2007, 23:34
You know, if you get the McLaren drivers and the Renault drivers together it's going to look like you're watching circus clowns. Either that or a pyjama party! :D

Ranger
24th January 2007, 23:54
It's different, and I like it! :up:

Everyone was complaining how 2006 was the worst livery year, yet no one is acknowledging the fact that no two cars look the same thus far (which is more than what we could say last year!)

If Renault had gone all dark blue with yellow, some would be complaining that its an all too similar lookalike with the Williams car.

veeten
25th January 2007, 00:14
I think they trying to go old skool with their design (famious renault livies in the 70/80's)...

you mean like these?... :)

http://www.ssij.nu/bilder/goodwood/f1-renault.jpg

jonny hurlock
25th January 2007, 00:24
some like that but mainly in the late 70's yelow, black and white liveries

wmcot
25th January 2007, 05:29
I like it! The grid needs color and Renault will certainly add it. Mind you, it wouldn't be my choice for my everyday-around-town car, but it looks good on an F1 car.

I'm glad it's not blue and white or red and white!!!!!!!

ShiftingGears
25th January 2007, 05:48
you mean like these?... :)

http://www.ssij.nu/bilder/goodwood/f1-renault.jpg

I'm digging that car in the background a lot. What is it?

leopard
25th January 2007, 07:03
Looks nice, but I prefer the car being used by Fisi during testing of 16 Jan that mainly consists of yellow and some blue. I'd suggest the red and white not to take that much proportion.

What color white and red brought into the car? i can't blame it if they are the ING color, one of their sponsor (or it might be the main sponsor?).

52Paddy
25th January 2007, 08:26
I don't think it's too bad myself. It's not as bad as the 1999 BAR colour scheme anyway (not that that's much an achievement...)

ArrowsFA1
25th January 2007, 08:29
some like that but mainly in the late 70's yelow, black and white liveries
Like this?

WSRfan82
25th January 2007, 09:17
god the Renault R27 livery is horrible

ArrowsFA1
25th January 2007, 09:28
I'm digging that car in the background a lot. What is it?
The 1978 Le Mans Renault Alpine A443 as seen at the 2005 Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Storm
25th January 2007, 09:32
Hmmmmm......
The interim dark blue and yellow looked to good to be true :erm:
The orange bit spoils things (especially in the overalls!) and they should not have added more white to the livery either. Well thats what sponsorship means though..

Tom206wrc
25th January 2007, 11:03
I don't like this livery !!! :s

Yellow and orange on the same carrosserie is somewhat ugly, me thinks :mark:

RJL25
25th January 2007, 11:31
a) the yellow doesnt fit in with the rest of the car, or is that the orange? either way you cant have both of those colours together, it looks ick
b) there is too many sponsor logo's making the car look all cluttered. Just cos ING are the major sponsors doesn't mean you put 5000 ING logo's on the car!

livery = dogs breakfast

so dissapointing considering the last few renaults where so good looking....

jonny hurlock
25th January 2007, 13:25
Like this?

like that,

Somebody
25th January 2007, 13:38
Very cluttered, bad livery design, too many colors, all in one a butt ugly livery. The blue interim design was very nice, this is plain ugly.
I agree with ioan on this.

Ow. I think I need to go and lie down...

jens
25th January 2007, 13:48
Those, who don't like the livery:
If Renault's colour theme was like this, would it be better?

http://www.afiseries.com/ixnayimages/renaultr27ixedit.jpg

Somebody
25th January 2007, 13:52

Yes. Not that I really like that either, but it does look a lot better than the backmarker livery they've got now...

EuroTroll
25th January 2007, 14:05
Yes, Jens. Still wouldn't be great, but much better.

RJL25
25th January 2007, 14:06

it would if it had less damn sponsor logo's

ArrowsFA1
25th January 2007, 14:10
Yes :up:

306 Cosworth
25th January 2007, 14:17
That's a hideous looking car!

306 Cosworth
25th January 2007, 14:18

Nice work there Jens, that would've looked much better.

harsha
25th January 2007, 14:20
great work JENS....a bit less white and it would have looked very good indeed....

ioan
25th January 2007, 17:18

Much better! :up:

jens
25th January 2007, 21:08
Actually it's not my photoshop work, so I'm not taking that wrong honour. :)

But I personally like that one as well. Perhaps we should send a note to Renault? :p :

DanielB
25th January 2007, 22:20
Haha! I did the same livery in Photoshop last night and posted it on the Total F1 forums.... these were my edits....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/LNStrikeEagle/Renault.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/LNStrikeEagle/Renault4.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/LNStrikeEagle/Renault3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v420/LNStrikeEagle/Renault5.jpg

AJP
26th January 2007, 00:00
taking the orange of the car looks so much better....
I think it actually puts more emphasis on the orange lion that way...

that photoshop mod looks very cool...

ShiftingGears
26th January 2007, 00:20
I think the Renault livery guys could learn a thing or two from you two! Nice liveries!

Sleeper
26th January 2007, 01:16
Daniel B, that is one very nice liverie, I love it. Shows what should have been done.

ClarkFan
26th January 2007, 02:16
that usually happens when you try to please too many people.
Orange/white and a blue wing would have been perfect. the yellow .....the yellow.. that killed it. ELF lubricants must be happy I guess......

Mmmmm.....but the yellow is the traditional Renault racing color - look at their cars from the late 70s and early 80s. I would actually assume that the blue is for Elf. The orange is the problem child among the colors, but what are you going to do when a Dutch bank offers a lot of money?

The driver uniforms are particularly unfortunate - but I would wear uglier clothes for a lot less money! :p

ClarkFan

BTW, DanielB, your color scheme looks much better. Might even allow Arrows to keep his lunch down. Now if they could just change the color of the damn lion....

Azumanga Davo
26th January 2007, 04:24
Hmm, to complete the look, it should have had Campari Orange and Cream flavour confectionary as a sponsor... ;)

But I do actually like it. Knew the light blue was never going to stay after Mild Seven's departure. At least we know it won't share too many similarities to other cars. That the commentators will be thankful for... :)

harsha
26th January 2007, 13:06
great work DanielB.... :)

would have preferred either of these to the new Renault,although i still don't want so much white :/

Valentino Rossi Boy
26th January 2007, 17:48
I think the Renault R27 will be the car to beat in the 2007 F1 World Championship :)

52Paddy
26th January 2007, 22:45
Good work on the photoshop but I think the biggest problem, in my opinion, lies with the amount of sponsors on the car, not nessesarily the colour scheme. This might sound stupid but it reminds of a GP2 car with all that writing on it.

Renard__
7th August 2007, 16:00
Are there someone who have big size ING Renault F1 Team logo ?
Please help

i really need it please help immediately

leopard
8th August 2007, 04:08
Are there someone who have big size ING Renault F1 Team logo ?
Please help

i really need it please help immediately

I took it from the zoo, might this help.