PDA

View Full Version : Team AFM news?

Allyc85
26th May 2008, 18:43
Just wondering if anyone had heard any news on the Team AFM entry and when we will be seeing it? Ive had a look on the site but theres nothing there so far and it would be great to see the car out competing.

Alfa Fan
26th May 2008, 18:48
They're hoping to have Rick Kerry out for the final four rounds. No Nick Leason.

cazvxr
26th May 2008, 19:56
Nick is very much involved and they will be out,fingers crossed.

Alfa Fan
26th May 2008, 20:12
Nick is very much involved and they will be out,fingers crossed.

Ok, the news I'd read on it suggested they were going to focus on just one car for Kerry for the last four meetings this season; then maybe 2 for 2009.

tisme
26th May 2008, 20:37
The plan (which I am sure has been posted before) is that Team AFM WILL appear at Snetterton for the last five meetings...

Both Rick AND Nick will race the BMW until the end of year...

That's what Rick told me..

AndySpeed
26th May 2008, 23:44
I would be surprised if Nick Leason didn't appear as he's been heavily involved in all of the development work that has meant them not yet appearing in '08.

Nick Leason
27th May 2008, 09:09
Hi Everyone, firstly I would like to say a big thanks for still supporting us and thinking about us. We are still very much involved and will be back in the BTCC. But its been a hard and frustrating season for myself and Rick as we want to be out there racing in the BTCC, but also know the development we need to do to get it right and it's just a case of being patient.... To give you an update we will be testing early June and looking to get out for the second part of the season, depending on how the testing goes of course.

What some people don't realise unfortunatley is how hard it is to be in the BTCC. Myself and Rick are not wealthy and work very hard 24-7 to be competing at the highest level and are very dedicated in what we can do with the resources we have. Until the day a sponsor comes along and produces a cheque for 500k we will continue to compete with the best we can and hope people will support us in this. We both feel the BTCC is the best championship and that's were we want to be if we can.

As well as my website www.nickleason.co.uk (http://www.nickleason.co.uk) we have now set up a new team website www.teamafmracing.com (http://www.teamafmracing.com) and will be puting updates on both. I just prey our testing will go well and we will see you all very soon.

LiamM
27th May 2008, 09:15
Cheers for that Nick, looking forward to seeing the cars back on track pretty soon!

Fordfan
27th May 2008, 10:01
Hi Nick. Good to hear from you and thanks for taking the time to post on the forum. I wish you both the best of luck developing your car.
I know you don't have the budget of Seat, but it must give you encouragement to see other diesel powered cars doing so well.

Eurotech
27th May 2008, 10:25
Any Chance of getting one of the cars out for Oulton?

Its just i'm a great supporter of the mid-grid privateers and Im going along to Oulton Park and i'd love to see to more BMWs out in the field.

CroftPilgrim
27th May 2008, 12:25
Whilst we are on the subject, does anybody know what's happened to Team 48? Or Xero?

Eurotech
27th May 2008, 12:50
I was wondering that.

are Team 48 ever going to enter or will they do a Team CVR on us and decide to leave it till the year 2075?

tisme
27th May 2008, 13:53
Whilst we are on the subject, does anybody know what's happened to Team 48? Or Xero?

As posted elsewhere.. Forget Team48, more chance of seeing snow in July than seeing team48 on the grid of the BTCC.

As for Xero... http://btccpages.motorsportforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=478383&postcount=21

Someone has mentioned Oulton Park..

VkmSpouge
27th May 2008, 18:37
Good luck in getting out for the second half of the season, Nick.

poole123
27th May 2008, 20:52
Good luck Nick, hopefully everything will go well, it would be great to see the bmw out racing again.

racerm5
9th July 2008, 16:37
Hi ALL

Just to let you know we wont be at snetterton but have been told all the bits to complete will be here by friday.

Im gutted to miss my home track but will be pleased to test there soon.

Its been frustrating this year and these parts should have been here in april.

We are still hopefull to get out this year even if its a couple of rounds but we are still working as hard as ever.

I will pop to Snetterton so it will be nice to see a few faces again

see you all soon

Rick

Sarah
9th July 2008, 16:47
That's a shame - good luck with it though.

Nick Leason
9th July 2008, 20:17
Hi Everyone,

Beleive me it's not for the want of trying.....

As Rick has said due to unforseen circumstances we are unable to get out for Snetterton as planned due to specific parts not being completed in time and beleive me we both do feel very frustrated by this but need to get it right and do at least 3-4 tests with all our developments complete on the car before we start to think about getting out to race to make sure it is correct and goes well as we hope it will...

We have been puting updates on our websites please take a look www.teamafmracing.com (http://www.teamafmracing.com) and www.nickleason.co.uk (http://www.nickleason.co.uk) as we are trying to be as pro-active as possible while we continue our development with the resources we have available to us.

Rick will be at Snetterton on Saturday so do say hello and give him some support and I will be at the Goodwood Festival of Speed tomorrow onwards as I am driving for Wiesmann in their GT MF5 up the hill and hope to get Rick out driving it for them on Sunday..

I hope you all enjoy the BTCC weekend at Snetterton and look forward to seeing you all soon.

Nick.

Les
9th July 2008, 22:05
cooo Nick - enjoy driving up the hill at Goodwood and Rick too - get some piccies please. See you soon

Allyc85
10th July 2008, 17:21
Sad to hear that guys. Fingers crossed for the rest of the season though :)

VkmSpouge
10th July 2008, 18:54
Shame you won't be out for Snetterton but hopefully you'll race at some point this year, hopefully at Silverstone :D

Jimmy Magnusson
10th July 2008, 20:11
Speaking of entries in the works, what's the status on Xero Competition?

racerm5
17th July 2008, 10:56
Weve Got The Bits.....

Im So Excited......

Rick.....

poole123
17th July 2008, 11:43
Great news Rick, when do you think the car will be ready to race?

Les
17th July 2008, 13:02
oh mate - so pleased.... now get out there testing... NOW!!

Nick Leason
17th July 2008, 17:48
Hello everyone,

Hope you all enjoyed Snetterton at the weekend. As Rick has annouced today we have finally got the parts we have been waiting for and now should hopefuly have the car ready by next week to go testing. Our aim is to do 3-4 tests first to make sure it's right... But we are both alot happier now we have the parts we have been waiting for.
Nick.

VkmSpouge
17th July 2008, 18:19
Glad you've finally got the parts. I hope the testing goes well for you!

reidy_fan
17th July 2008, 21:53
nice one lads, hope testing goes well

PDS
17th July 2008, 22:41
Weve Got The Bits.....

Im So Excited......

Rick.....

About bloody time Rick..

You were not a happy man on Sunday!

Allyc85
18th July 2008, 13:19
Great news, really looking forward to seeing you guys out there again!

racerm5
18th July 2008, 19:12
About bloody time Rick..

LOL

I SO WANTED TO JUMP IN A CAR.....

Should be about a week till its ready to fire up and then test...

Thanks for all the support....I just CANT WAIT....

Rusty
19th July 2008, 09:27
About bloody time Rick..

Yeah i could tell that by the conversation I had with him to. Very Frustrated...

Les
19th July 2008, 22:04
LOL

I SO WANTED TO JUMP IN A CAR.....

Should be about a week till its ready to fire up and then test...

Thanks for all the support....I just CANT WAIT....

Neither can Nick - I was round his this evening and he is itching to see how it goes.
Fingers crossed

VkmSpouge
19th July 2008, 22:53
With both Nick and Rick itching to jump in the car, they should make it a two seater. Rick can do the steering and Nick can do the accelerating and braking :p :

Les
20th July 2008, 09:18
that won't work - think of the weight problems with 2 in the car! ;)

VkmSpouge
20th July 2008, 14:57
Send Nick and Rick down to weight watchers :p :

Eurotech
23rd July 2008, 16:32
Im not sure thats going to work....

What they could do is have one car on the track and another hooked up to s simulator, like VXR!