PDA

View Full Version : Fittipaldi to Start Team?

Yankee Racer
26th May 2008, 03:13
This is really out of no where, but on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain tonight, Dave asked guest Emerson Fittipaldi if he was considering starting an IRL team. Emmo responded that he was considering it.

There isn't much basis behind it or reason to believe it, because I could say I'd be interested in starting an IRL team myself, but we can only dream...

Who's in for an all-Brazilian pairing of Meira and Junqueira at Emmo's team?

Jonesi
26th May 2008, 03:32
This is really out of no where, but on Wind Tunnel with Dave Despain tonight, Dave asked guest Emerson Fittipaldi if he was considering starting an IRL team. Emmo responded that he was considering it.

There isn't much basis behind it or reason to believe it, because I could say I'd be interested in starting an IRL team myself, but we can only dream...

Who's in for an all-Brazilian pairing of Meira and Junqueira at Emmo's team?

Not completely out of no where. A few years ago he was considering it and said the financial picture wasn't good then.

jarrambide
26th May 2008, 04:12
Not completely out of no where. A few years ago he was considering it and said the financial picture wasn't good then.
A few years ago? how about every year, since the days of CART he would tell any and every reporter willing to listen that he was trying to start a new team, some years he would even say that he was planning to start a CC and/or IRL team, only one time if I remember correctly did his words became true when he put Tiago Monteiro behind a Fittipaldi-Dingman car in 2003, and even then the Fittipaldi in Fittipaldi-Dingman was the minority owner.

Madmonk
26th May 2008, 06:40
Emmo says alot of crazy things.

He did have a Champ Car team, Fittipaldi-Dingman, which recieved some technical support from Conquest. In fact Tiago Monteiro and Mario Haberfeld were psuedo teamates that year driving a pair of unloved Reynards.

He also had a Formula One team, Fittipaldi Automotive (initially Copersucar-Fittipaldi), which ran from 75-82 or thereabouts. It was incredibly unsuccesful, but helped launch Keke Rosberg's career.

But in the here and now, I don't see it happening.

Dr. Krogshöj
26th May 2008, 08:31
I bet Jos Verstappen will be his driver.

Jag_Warrior
26th May 2008, 15:16
Whatever happened to Jamie Dingman anyway? After he and Emmo broke apart, it's like he went into the Witness Protection Program.