PDA

View Full Version : Lancer WRC's in the WRC 2007

alleskids
23rd January 2007, 10:39
With the possibility of Armindo Araujo competing in his home rally in a Mitsubishi Lancver WRC, it will be interesting to keep a record of the Lancer's in this years WRC.

Monte Carlo
SF Toni Gardemeister E Xevier Pons

Sweden
SF Toni Gardemeister E Xevier Pons

Norway
SF Toni Gardemeister E Xevier Pons SF Juha Haninnen

Portugal
P Armindo Araujo ?

Donney
23rd January 2007, 11:02
We can have the Stobart cup and the Lancer cup.

JAM
23rd January 2007, 11:30

But the interesting is the fact that with an old Lancer against a new Focus, the Lancer boys are faster :D

alleskids
23rd January 2007, 11:34

Clearly there is no no.1 driver in the Stobart team. In Monte Carlo Solberg had number 9 on his door and Latvalla 10, in Sweden they seem to have swept the numbers.

alleskids
23rd January 2007, 11:38

and the Xsara Cup. Stohl already has had his warming up for the battle against Carlsson and Galli.

Xsara Cup
1 Stohl
- Carlsson
- Galli

Lancer Cup
1 Gardemeioster
2 Pons

Stobart/Focus Cup
1 Latvalla (despite his off and retirement)
2 MacHale
3 Both Solberg and Wilson under performing

Viking
23rd January 2007, 12:35
Clearly there is no no.1 driver in the Stobart team. In Monte Carlo Solberg had number 9 on his door and Latvalla 10, in Sweden they seem to have swept the numbers.

Henning had nr. 10 in Monte also.

http://www.vgb.no/6339

I saw an article with him were he said he could choose between 9 or 10, and he took 10.

koko0703
24th January 2007, 00:14
But the interesting is the fact that with an old Lancer against a new Focus, the Lancer boys are faster :D

Are Stobart Focus the same spec as works Ford Focus??? It seems the works Focus is so much faster than Stobart. Macus and Mikko are both much better drivers than Stobart drivers, but is the difference in the performance simply the difference in driver or car is in different spec???

JAM
24th January 2007, 09:43
Are Stobart Focus the same spec as works Ford Focus??? It seems the works Focus is so much faster than Stobart. Macus and Mikko are both much better drivers than Stobart drivers, but is the difference in the performance simply the difference in driver or car is in different spec???

I think the car is much slower. But the client cars from M-Sport sometimes surprises me negatively.

Zamppa
24th January 2007, 09:54
I don't think the Stobart cars are that much slower... Monte Carlo is a quite a tricky event and both Latvala and Solberg had no previous experience from the car. The latter has very little experience from tarmac altogether. And JM managed to score some very good times. I'm sure that their speed will improve in Sweden.

JAM
24th January 2007, 10:05
I don't think the Stobart cars are that much slower... Monte Carlo is a quite a tricky event and both Latvala and Solberg had no previous experience from the car. The latter has very little experience from tarmac altogether. And JM managed to score some very good times. I'm sure that their speed will improve in Sweden.

JM managed some excelent times, faster than Hirvonen. But Latvala is a guy from who i expect a lot. He is a really good driver and is giving the right steps to earn experience. He was better than Hirvonen in some stages, wich is great!

Is obvious that the Stobart cars are not the same spec as de works cars, but i have the idea that they aren't so good as it should.

LeonBrooke
24th January 2007, 23:28

The Lancers are being piloted by (at Monte Carlo at least) by experienced campaigners, and the Stobart Focuses by comparative newbies. Just a theory...

I think the car is much slower. But the client cars from M-Sport sometimes surprises me negatively.

Hmm. At OMV Peugeot Norway Henning had the best Whale available and succeeded; at Stobart he's got a second-rate '06 Focus, but it's too early to tell how well he'll do compared to last year.