PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee Mile UK Coverage....

BobGarage
25th May 2008, 22:52
just a heads up....

Sky will (yet again) not be showing the race live. NASCAR is taking priority and so we get it on an hour tape delay.

So far this season we have had just two races live. Homestead and Indy. Everything else has been on tape delay as they prioritise NASCAR above it. And motegi they just didn't bother to show live at all, and was shown on a tape delay of about 12 hours.

I wouldn't mind so much but SKY are getting less than 30,000 viewers for their NASCAR coverage. And when they show IndyCars on tape delay they tend to cut big chunks out of it.

Adder
26th May 2008, 19:04
Yes, it is annoying, but I keep thinking that the IRL's scheduling is pretty poor. This is one of the reasons not running in May is missing a trick.

NASCAR until last night had a long run of Saturday night races leaving Sundays free which IRL could be running on. Now this weekend they could run Milwaukee as a Saturday night race, but instead they run it against the NASCAR race!

Pat Wiatrowski
27th May 2008, 13:52
Yes, it is annoying, but I keep thinking that the IRL's scheduling is pretty poor. This is one of the reasons not running in May is missing a trick.

NASCAR until last night had a long run of Saturday night races leaving Sundays free which IRL could be running on. Now this weekend they could run Milwaukee as a Saturday night race, but instead they run it against the NASCAR race!

You have not been in Milw at night in May. ChampCar tried running at night and it was VERY COLD! I know, I was there.

27th May 2008, 13:59
Sky will (yet again) not be showing the race live. NASCAR is taking priority and so we get it on an hour tape delay.

So far this season we have had just two races live. Homestead and Indy. Everything else has been on tape delay as they prioritise NASCAR above it. And motegi they just didn't bother to show live at all, and was shown on a tape delay of about 12 hours.

I wouldn't mind so much but SKY are getting less than 30,000 viewers for their NASCAR coverage. And when they show IndyCars on tape delay they tend to cut big chunks out of it.

I've got Sky+, since I'm usually having to get up at 4.45am on a Monday so there's no chance of me seeing the end of most IndyCar races live before I have to get some shut-eye.

The benefit of this is two-fold. One is that I can fast forward through the caution periods, the other being that since IndyCar doesn't make the Monday sports bulletins in the UK, I can sit down on a Monday afternoon and watch it without knowing what's happened.

Andrewmcm
27th May 2008, 14:59
Yeah, I'm happy to watch the NASCAR and then enjoy the Indycar race - the NASCAR holding my attention prevents me from looking at the internet to spoil the Indycar result.

To be honest, having gone from not having access to any Indycar or CCWS action last year, I'm happy to have Sky and have the races on at roughly the right time - an hour or two doesn't make much difference to me.

BobGarage
27th May 2008, 18:25
To be honest, having gone from not having access to any Indycar or CCWS action last year, I'm happy to have Sky and have the races on at roughly the right time - an hour or two doesn't make much difference to me.

i wouldn't mind the tape delay if they showed the whole race on delay, but they don't they cut big chuncks out.

Kansas for example was also a 1 hour tape delay and at the first caution period justin didn't pit and took the lead. Sky however cut this out completely. We saw the cause of the caution, missed the pit stops and then rejoined at the restart with justin up front but no mention of how he got there.