PDA

View Full Version : TV Broadcast...

xtlm
25th May 2008, 21:57
Too many green flag commercials....its like they waited for the green flag at times

Too many side by side parts during yellow (while nnot using the side by side feature during green a few times)

No series standings at the end! This is good way to let people know that indycar is not one race

Other than that, the race was good

Vegasguy
25th May 2008, 22:20
No series standings at the end! This is good way to let people know that indycar is not one race

Very good point, at least they mentioned the race at Milwaukee next week.

harvick#1
25th May 2008, 22:31
yeah, in the final commercial break, they were gone for 5 full green flags laps, 18-13 to go.

it prolly wouldn't have been bad if they had more than 5 different commercial's

disko
25th May 2008, 22:40
the broadcast on indycar.com was much better. also ABC was on a 5 second delay. Everything that abc missed was covered by indycar.com.

45 Below
25th May 2008, 22:50
I used an ABC/ESPN internet feed. I find that if I use the IndyCar.com free feed it really chews up bandwidth - like about 500mb in about 30 minutes - and you can't even go full screen with it.

markabilly
26th May 2008, 00:08
The worst problem is that on high definition, the ABC logo took up a big chunk of screen in the middle of the picture, and the who is where stuff that ran across the top needs to be at the very bottom, out of the way!!!!!

It spoils the effect of watching the cars, esp the in car shots.

PA Rick
26th May 2008, 00:49
They should have had a split screen with Danica and victory lane during the ceremony. Also I wanted a helmet cam on her 24/7. Yahoo's headline is "DANICA FURIOUS AFTER CRASH" I'm glad they didn't waste copy on the race winner.
All Danica, all the time.
By the way, the other yahoo article had two Danica photos, one Helio photo, one Sam Hornish photo(?) and one of some guy named Dixon.
Danica finished 22nd and was never near the front.

Yankee Racer
26th May 2008, 01:02
The problem with the TV coverage was the same as every week: Marty Reid and Scott Goodyear.

CARTDM15
26th May 2008, 02:42
To much Danica cheerleading.She needs her on channel.I think it was real tacking at the end of the race when Reed said he wish they would have let Danica square of with Briscoe.Don't announcers suppose to be non bais?

DavePI2
26th May 2008, 15:58
On espn there recap video is all about danica with very little mention of dixon. Nothing about Miera's pass or anything else that stood out in the race. Oh and altough I have only had a chance to watch a couple of minutes of the replay when I returned home is it just me or was jim nabors lipsyncing. I know the guy is old and not in good health but if he has to lipsync is it really worth bringing hime back. I'm all for tradition but sooner or later with some things it is time to move on. Florence Henderson obviously wasn't lipsyncing and if there is someone who should be it is her.

David

djparky
26th May 2008, 18:56
on Sky we had the same 2 dimwits who do all the races- Gary Rice and the other guy- were terrible- they missed so much of the action I was yelling at the TV- at least it wasn't Danica-centric though (or as bad as previous years). The Fox team on NASCAR are so much better though

NickFalzone
26th May 2008, 19:03
It's amazing with all the hijinks, but I agree the FOX team does a much better job. Lately Waltrip has made a real effort to keep the show about racing while others in the booth try to derail it into the behind the scenes type crap. That said, I thought Cheever was a great addition to the Indy broadcast. Reid and Goodyear are not bad announcers, but they seem to tow the corporate line of "reality show" type broadcasts. If they just focused on the race I think they'd be fine.

It was also great to hear the NASCAR team mention Indy several times during the race.

DavePI2
26th May 2008, 20:26
Isn't it amazing how much more you learn with cheever(someone who knows what he is talking about)then when dumb***from *****car was on there.

David

dataman1
26th May 2008, 23:12
I found Cheever to be a breath of fresh air, specially when he would correct or disagree with the other two bozzo's.