PDA

View Full Version : Boring Week.

DrDomm
24th May 2008, 14:41
After an entertaining final hour of "Bump Day", this week has been quite boring. There's just nothing really to talk about.

Everyone has a Honda, so there's no talk of power vs. reliability. Everyone has a Dallara with Firestones, so no discussion there. The speeds aren't an issue, they're slower. The Champcar guys are unanimously thought to have no chance, so "unification" isn't really a story. And this really hampers the "rookie hype" bestowed upon Graham Rahal. Danica-mania seems to be in a lull right now, as well.

I hope the actual race is exciting, because off the track, there isn't much excitement in the build-up to this race or the series right now.

BenRoethig
24th May 2008, 15:16
Tell the NHL contingent and Bruno that.

DrDomm
24th May 2008, 17:39
Tell the NHL contingent and Bruno that.

I'll be cheering for all the CC guys, but even Robin Miller doesn't see how any of them could win...

"I'm afraid you are 100-percent correct. It would take a major miracle for any Champ Car team to win and a minor one just to run in the Top 5. Probably going to be that way until the new car arrives."--RM

Vegasguy
24th May 2008, 18:48
I'll be cheering for all the CC guys, but even Robin Miller doesn't see how any of them could win...

"I'm afraid you are 100-percent correct. It would take a major miracle for any Champ Car team to win and a minor one just to run in the Top 5. Probably going to be that way until the new car arrives."--RM

I disagree with Robin on this one, there are some pretty good engineers working hard to get up to speed on this car. And they will make it before too long.

CARTDM15
25th May 2008, 05:45
The only story is Penske vs TCGR vs AGR.Thats been the IRL for the last 3 years.

garyshell
25th May 2008, 06:40
The only story is Penske vs TCGR vs AGR.Thats been the IRL for the last 3 years.

And yet you expected a massive change in just three months???

Gary

BenRoethig
25th May 2008, 12:53

Add NHL to the mix and you have CART.

DrDomm
25th May 2008, 15:06
And yet you expected a massive change in just three months???

Gary

No, I don't expect a huge change so quickly. But I hope the TG and the powers-that-be can step back, and see that the off-track drama (with the current formula and philosophy) is very bland. TG has all the marbles now. I hope he realizes that a drastic change is needed, and takes the right steps to put Indycar back on top of NA motorsports. It will take time, but it's possible.

BTW...look on down the list of recent topics. There is really nothing exciting being discussed about the first unified Indy 500 in 13 years...and we're the guys who get all worked up about this stuff.

tbyars
25th May 2008, 17:16
No, I don't expect a huge change so quickly. But I hope the TG and the powers-that-be can step back, and see that the off-track drama (with the current formula and philosophy) is very bland. TG has all the marbles now. I hope he realizes that a drastic change is needed, and takes the right steps to put Indycar back on top of NA motorsports. It will take time, but it's possible.

It is possible, and that is why I'm personally excited about the announced conference early this summer between all interested parties to look at the technical aspects of what the ICS should be beginning in 2011. Hopefully, that meeting will lead to a real diversity in both manufactuer interest and even technical philosophy. I'd like to see the current NA powerplant stay around. I'd also like to see a turbo be an option. And I'd certainly like to see additional alternate technologies enter the picture, and I think there is a good possibility for all that to happen. If not, why have this meeting?