View Full Version : APRC

Comal
23rd January 2007, 00:31
Any word on what is happening with APRC? Who is doing it, whose not? Etc etc

Rally Hokkaido
23rd January 2007, 15:08
Any word on what is happening with APRC? Who is doing it, whose not? Etc etc
Well, AFAIK, the only people who have said they are definitely running are
Jean-Louis Leyraud and his two fellow New Caledonians.

However, I believe nearly all of last year's competitors are likely starters.
With final registration not required until close of entries for the second round, we've quite awhile to wait for 100% confirmation.

ian959
24th January 2007, 02:49
Les Walkden Rallying should be back with at least Cody Crocker for 2007 since their efforts to do the PWRC have been knackered due to the lack of sufficient funding:

http://www.rally.com.au/home/latestnews/articleid=2268

cosmicpanda
26th January 2007, 10:51
The series is coming to my town, even if it's not the WRC anymore I'm still excited. :p :

Addicted
26th January 2007, 11:22
Jussi Välimäki will be there with Race Torque machinery

Rally Hokkaido
27th January 2007, 01:17
Jussi Välimäki will be there with Race Torque machinery
Great news!
Jussi is the fastest European driver we've had in APRC since the WRC drivers stopped coming.
I hope Cody Crocker returns as that will make for a good fight between drivers & manufacturers (Mitsubishi v's Subaru)!

raybak
27th January 2007, 10:01
Might see a Toyota or 2 out there later in the year

wacked
5th February 2007, 19:47
M-Sport had planned to run 4-6 Fiesta's in the APRC in 2007.. but no confirmations of the drivers yet..

and there is supposed to be a 4 car team from New Caledonia, the divers being Jean-Louis Leyraud as Hokkaido mentioned earlier, Daniel Palau, Patric Christian and Patrick Yanai..
Leyraud supposed to be driving a Subaru and the other 3 in Mitsu's..

Guessing there are gonna be 2 cars from Team MRF again, dunno the driers yet, Katsuhiko Taguchi maybe 1 of them..

Fleur
12th February 2007, 01:49
Actually I think its Neil Allport running the fiestas, not M-Sport, but they are the same fiestas as run in the Fiesta Cup. Dunno if they have any entries in them yet though.
New Cal have announced they are running 6 drivers.
Jussi with MRF, Racetorque. I guess Katsu might be there again.
Cusco Racing will be back with I assume Yanigasawa.
No Wan Yu this year, their focus is on Chinese Rally Championship.
Cody with Les Walkden, but I don't think Eli Evans will be back. (so I have heard, but I'd love to be proved wrong)
Ray, is that the Bates, Evans Toyotas your hinting at????
Anyone heard any news from the Indonesian front??

Livewireshock
12th February 2007, 07:36
I guess when you have FIA approved S2000 cars, then Toyota can get more involved. Would love to see Simon Evans race overseas in the new car.

Wonder if Rally NZ would be on their radar too???? I bet Toyota NZ would like to see them there, as much as I bet the team would love to drive there.

wacked
14th February 2007, 18:38
Rifat Sungkar is most probably partnering Crocker in the Subaru..

also read that Geof Argyle is returning to the APRC.. any news on that Fleur? what about Brian Green and Dermot Malley?..

i dont think Jussi is part of the MRF team again.. yeah he will be running with Racetirque though.. but maybe not with MRF.. cause on his site it is mentioned that he has a contract with Racetorque, MRF is not mentioned..

Taguchi will be there with MRF.. dont know about his team mate..

Miettinen maybe be entering as a privateer and also maybe one more Finnish driver..

oh yeah and the Fiesta were not M sport but Namsport as in Neil Allport motorsports.. made a mistake there..

Eli Evans.. still not confirmed.. its a maybe..

all info is on http://www.power-pictures.com/aprc-latest.asp

well sounds like a good line-up for the APRC for 2007..

hooligan74
15th February 2007, 11:10
I heard a rumour that MRF will run an Indian driver either as second or third car for the APRC....a young driver they just signed up in India. Well, the more the merrier!

wacked
15th February 2007, 22:01
if an Indian driver, that would be great.. but wonder who?

Fleur
25th February 2007, 23:00
Hmmm, lots of rumours and speculation going on here I see...
Guess all will be revealed at the first two rounds of the APRC...

wacked
1st March 2007, 16:13
Team MRF just confirmed their driver Line-up
http://www.power-pictures.com/aprc-latest.asp

looks like Valimaki will be driving with Team MRF with Katsu and yeah there is also gonna be a third driver this year, an Indian driver, Gaurav Gill..

so MRF is got a 3 car team..