PDA

View Full Version : IndyCars are fast but this is ridiculous!

Wilf
24th May 2008, 01:45
Carb day was scheduled to be two hours but lasted only 12 minutes. Apparently all cars got at least one lap in except Ryan Brisco, but is one lap enough to check out your set up.

After all, every team has installed a new motor and that is what the entire rear portion of the car is attached to. Granted the Honda motor is solid and the chassis has been as solid, but the teams new to the league don't have but a couple months' experience with the chassis.

I am surprised they haven't given the teams a 30 or 60 minute practice after the Freedom 100 tomorrow.

Am I too old school. We surprised ourselves on carb day when we didn't find something we missed during assembly of the motor and/or car.

SarahFan
24th May 2008, 15:13
I was tuned out yesterday with work...

was final practice shortened becuase of rain?

BenRoethig
24th May 2008, 15:17
Yeah, they got in 12 laps, then it rained all day.

dataman1
24th May 2008, 15:36
I am surprised they haven't given the teams a 30 or 60 minute practice after the Freedom 100 tomorrow.

Am I too old school. We surprised ourselves on carb day when we didn't find something we missed during assembly of the motor and/or car.

I agree 100%. There are far too many drivers and mechanics this year that are new to the chassis, engine and track. To think there were no errors made during the engine change and/or changes made in setups from quals to race is just plain silly. One little nut not being tightened could spell serious damage and potential injury to that car and several others.

These guys are professional and will go over the car several times in actual touching of every part plus in their heads while they try to sleep tonight.

I wish them all the very best.

Scheckterfan54
26th May 2008, 02:37
Carb day was scheduled to be two hours but lasted only 12 minutes. Apparently all cars got at least one lap in except Ryan Brisco, but is one lap enough to check out your set up.

After all, every team has installed a new motor and that is what the entire rear portion of the car is attached to. Granted the Honda motor is solid and the chassis has been as solid, but the teams new to the league don't have but a couple months' experience with the chassis.

Carb day practice was only supposed to be 1 hour, not two.