PDA

View Full Version : Hell Freezes Over!...Fiero gets a cell phone!

Hondo
24th May 2008, 01:01
Yup, thats right, Mr. "I hate cell phones" himself is now part of the Verizon Network. Due to some changes I'll be making in jobstyle and lifestyle at the end of August, I was forced to concede that a cell phone would be necessary along with a wireless connection for my laptop.

I'm so embarrassed.

tstran17_88
24th May 2008, 02:09
Jeez...I thought you were talking about Hell, MI. It freezes over every year, but usually not this late in the year.

Good choice on Verizon, it's the best as far as customer service in the states, but it doesn't even compare to the service European cell phone companies have.

Who would have thought...capitalism in Europe working better than here! :laugh:

tmx
24th May 2008, 02:38
I find it mroe interesting, Warren Buffet only started using a cellphone until recently. "In December 2006 it was reported that Mr. Buffett does not carry a cell phone, does not have a computer at his desk, and drives his own car."

Alexamateo
24th May 2008, 04:30
Now you need a bluetooth! :D ;)

Hazell B
24th May 2008, 20:35
I'm so embarrassed.

And so you should be :p :

I was the same, with my "No mobile phone, don't want anybody being able to track me down when I don't want" mantra. Then I got one and it's been a constant joy. Only today a text from Wembley about Hull City's girls newly placed date with Chelsea's girls (that works in the UK, not so well in the US Fiero!) made me smile as I lay in the bath. You don't get that with normal phones!

And I even went broadband recently :up:

Gurl Racer
26th May 2008, 23:43
I'm a teenager, I naturally have a cellphone (Well truth be told, I had 4 in New Zealand.. I'd send approx 8000 txt messages a month... whoops!) but when I'm on holiday, or just can't be bothered with people, I simply hit the power button! They'll leave a message if they need to!

It's not too hard to hit that power button either ;)