PDA

View Full Version : Chase Changes - It's OFFICIAL !

RaceFanStan
23rd January 2007, 01:22
Starting this season, the 400-point cutoff is eliminated,
the top 12 drivers in the points after Race 26 will qualify for the Chase.

All 12 drivers will have their point totals re-set to 5,000,
each will then receive a 10-point bonus for each race victory they had during the first 26 races.

In line with the Chase adjustments, wins throughout the season will be more valuable.
Race winners throughout the 36-race season will now receive 185 points, a five-point increase.

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/01/22/chase.changes/index.html
================================================== ==========
I think this is a major step in the right direction. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/thum/ua.gif

tstran17_88
23rd January 2007, 19:53
The 400 point cutoff never came into play anyhow.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 23:20
At least they are rewarding guys for wins in a sense greater than they used to, and I am glad they did.....

wedge
24th January 2007, 15:16
Great news!

I think every fan will agree that the race winner deserved a larger points increment as a reward for winning

harvick#1
24th January 2007, 16:02
its a stupid change, if driver finishes in the top 5 every week but never wins would kill the competition in points, but once race 27 starts hes 12th in points now just because he didn't win.

all it takes is for someone to hit the setup correctly on the cookie cutter tracks and there is 8 wins in a heartbeat.

muggle not
24th January 2007, 16:59
its a stupid change, if driver finishes in the top 5 every week but never wins would kill the competition in points, but once race 27 starts hes 12th in points now just because he didn't win.

all it takes is for someone to hit the setup correctly on the cookie cutter tracks and there is 8 wins in a heartbeat.
I totally agree with you.

More news:

Nascar is about to announce that the Champions provisionals will be reduced from unlimited to 6 in a season.

All Star changes. Total laps will be reduced from 90 to 80. They will now run 4 20 lap segments. The pit crew challenge during the week will determine the order in which the teams select their pit stalls for the race.Teams must pit before the final segment and how the cars leave pit road will determine how they line up for the restart.

Sparky1329
24th January 2007, 23:25
If they add 10 more points for a win and remove the 5000 point add on plus the win bonus after 26 races they might be on the right track. Otherwise it's the same old gimmicky "Chase" crapola which was stupid to begin with.

tstran17_88
25th January 2007, 04:55
At least they are rewarding guys for wins in a sense greater than they used to, and I am glad they did.....
And that's what everyone was whining for when Kenseth won the championship in 2003 with only one win...not this "chase" pooh.