PDA

View Full Version : Everyone enjoy the races this weekend.

!!WALDO!!
23rd May 2008, 19:31
I will try to see the start of Monaco but will be moving towards Hub City.

Let us pray and wish for safe racing and strong performances.

Then I will be listening to the 600 on the way home.

Thanks to those that will call me during the GSIR with updates and Monaco results.

Good luck and safe travelling to and from. I will be on until 3:00PM Eastern then gone until Tuesday. I am in 4 and if you want to meet the EVIL WALDO I will give you my cell number if you PM me.

Until Sunday when it is RACE DAY IN INDIANAPOLIS.

Truly off to the races,
Waldo.

(NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

PTCrash3
23rd May 2008, 20:15
You know what Waldo? Without Paul Tracy at the 500 it's just another IRL race. I might tune in, or I might mow the lawn.

db

!!WALDO!!
23rd May 2008, 22:19
You know what Waldo? Without Paul Tracy at the 500 it's just another IRL race. I might tune in, or I might mow the lawn.

db

You know who's fault that is, right?

Not the IRLs but Gerry Forsythe and PT never once finding people that actually liked him enough to give him money to go racing.

Mikey Andretti was able to build a team around it, PT sits in Las Vegas crying that he never in his 17 years brought one dollar to the seat.

CARTDM15
24th May 2008, 05:35
I will be watching Monaco.I love the street races.The toughest challenge in motorsports.I will watch the 500 also but with the sound turn off.The tv crew is brutal.I have never seen the Coca Cola 600 and want start this weekend.

BobGarage
24th May 2008, 10:33
You know who's fault that is, right?

Not the IRLs but Gerry Forsythe and PT never once finding people that actually liked him enough to give him money to go racing.

not true (the money bit). PT had money from Monster last year but Gerry wanted more so told them to shove it.

dataman1
24th May 2008, 11:31
I'll watch the "Night Before Indy" USAC Midget Races at ORP, get up and watch Monaco, listen to Indy since they have blacked it out, then fall asleep with the Tin Cans goin' in circles.

ozrevhead
24th May 2008, 14:56
im going to watch moNaco and try to get up for indy at 3am

cant wait!

GO RYAN & WILL!!!!!

djparky
24th May 2008, 16:59
since it's likely to be pouring with rain all day tomorrow where I live in the UK (according to the weather forecast anyway) then I'll be watching the start of the French Open tennis, then the Monaco GP then the Indy 500 (the first proper I500 since 1995 in my mind) and finally the NASCAR race from Charlotte- so a very arduous day in front of the TV!

electron
24th May 2008, 17:56
Gentlemen, this is going to be a very special Indy for me and I am about to do it right.
This is the year I have dreamt about for a long time.

Here in Munich the weather is sunny at 25 C (at least) and we have prepared a BBQ, grill on the veranda, beer in the fridge, big TV cranked up, three girls, two guys and 33 IndyCars.
This is going to be just A W E S O M E :)

methanolHuffer
24th May 2008, 18:19
USAC Midget Races sound awesome, too. Definitely going to look into tickets.
I have 1 ticket to the 500, so I'll probably drop in after they go green (no need to fight the crowd). Hope everyone has a great time, cheers!

!!WALDO!!
27th May 2008, 20:29
not true (the money bit). PT had money from Monster last year but Gerry wanted more so told them to shove it.

So the deal is worth $1,000,000 then why didn't PT take it to Walker or Penske or Ganassi? Paul needs 4 more of those. One sponsor does not make it when it is one quarter of what was needed.

At the Speedway I talked to 2 dozen people about money needed in this sport and to a man agreed that PT never did anything to help himself. He had Mobil, K-Mart, Bud none which were at the Speedway this year.

Wait until that NCTS ride requires him to bring the Monster money along. That amount could get him though the season.

garyshell
27th May 2008, 20:39
He had Mobil, K-Mart, Bud none which were at the Speedway this year.

He had those in an era when the driver was not responsible to find the sponsor money, the team was. So technically HE never had any of those, Penske and Newman Haas did.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
27th May 2008, 21:39
He had those in an era when the driver was not responsible to find the sponsor money, the team was. So technically HE never had any of those, Penske and Newman Haas did.

Gary

Yes, but if he did his job he would have a relationship with them. It is called for on a rainy day.

Again this stuff you should understand.

garyshell
27th May 2008, 21:57
Yes, but if he did his job he would have a relationship with them. It is called for on a rainy day.

Again this stuff you should understand.

When the road map changed and it did become the driver's job to find the money, I think Paul did begin to court the sponsors directly, hence his deal with Monster. But by the time this did become obvious, K-Mart, Bud etc were long gone.

And just once do you think you could reply WITHOUT including a personal remark?

Gary

16&Gtown
28th May 2008, 02:32
He had Mobil, K-Mart, Bud none which were at the Speedway this year.)

Mobil is deffinetly on the Penske cars bud...

Scheckterfan54
28th May 2008, 06:37
You are both wrong, its is Mobil 1. And yes, it is on both Penske ICS cars.

!!WALDO!!
28th May 2008, 18:46
When the road map changed and it did become the driver's job to find the money, I think Paul did begin to court the sponsors directly, hence his deal with Monster. But by the time this did become obvious, K-Mart, Bud etc were long gone.

Gary

Look, you are a bit of an expert, these are things that need not be pointed out to a person following the sport for 51 years.
The driver was required when Paul came to the sport to bring money. Paul came from the CART ladder so he was given a pass. Many others coming from the outside needed to bring money. Two different deals, from inside CART from outside CART. Again this was stuff in 1991 as plain as day to people like you and me.
My point is and this is what would kill CART. The driver did nothing for the Sponsorship Program unlike those other people in the South. Do you not believe that when JR Motorsports moves up his team from NNS to Sprint Cup he couldn't make a call to St Louis and get one of the other brands for 1/3 of the races? They would at least listen? How about calling Wangler and one of their partners like, K-Mart for another 1/3 of the races.
There is building a bridge to the sponsors, PT did nothing to help those sponsors and neither did the teams for that matter.
Monster is just a uniform deal, and those could pay off if there are enough of them. Since there is no wearing of the uniform then no deals and no cash.

Paul Tracy like Rahal and others from that era do not have a clue how to find the money to make things happen. In NASCAR just about everyone is an arm twister. I watched Dick Simon work over 5 different companies in my booth at the Hardware Shore and three came aboard in 1983.
You got to make it attractive for them and Paul Tracy is not known any more that Jacques Villenueve by those writing the checks.

Just the way it is, I am sorry to say.

garyshell
28th May 2008, 19:43

Look, you are a bit of an expert, these are things that need not be pointed out to a person following the sport for 51 years

No, I am not. My only claim is I have been following the sport for 51 years. I don't take myself so seriously as to think that give me any sort of status, let alone "expert". Fan maybe, but nothing else.

Sadly, I see the answer to my question above is... no.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
28th May 2008, 21:58
No, I am not. My only claim is I have been following the sport for 51 years. I don't take myself so seriously as to think that give me any sort of status, let alone "expert". Fan maybe, but nothing else.

Sadly, I see the answer to my question above is... no.

Gary

No, you told me it was based on your number of posts. So you are at least 6 times smarter than me but I see you still can't name the man that painted the pictures from Indy over that radio "damn neared glued to my ear".

See in English words mean something, my words are actually a compliment to you for knowing so much. Yet, you take them as an insult because as you stated you would like to see me leave.

I got an idea, why not help me with my 1968 thread as you were 18 years old and I was only 14. I still have 23 more races to cover. How about taking 11 of them and writing the story as it occurred in 1968?

Again if you had the radio glued to your ear, you would remember a lot of things. The next race is Milwaukee, why not do it for me as I was returning from school and could only get some of WTMJ's coverage on 620AM near South Bend that day.

Taking history seriously is a passion of mine, yet I do not have the time to post 3000 times and go after everyone you feel threatens me. You seem to. Me, I drank a we one to Nelson Stacy on the 46th year date of his huge win in the 600.

Bet you forgot.

16&Gtown
29th May 2008, 03:15
You are both wrong, its is Mobil 1. And yes, it is on both Penske ICS cars.

no **** its mobil 1, just saying mobile to dumb it down for the dumb people

16&Gtown
29th May 2008, 03:17
Also he doesnt even acknoledge the fact he was proven wrong, just pretends it never happened. How about a "you're right, I'm wrong" Waldo?

garyshell
29th May 2008, 05:13
No, you told me it was based on your number of posts. So you are at least 6 times smarter than me but I see you still can't name the man that painted the pictures from Indy over that radio "damn neared glued to my ear".

I never claimed to be an expert. You are alone in that endeavor. I have no idea what the mans name was, nor do I care. It was over thirty freakin' years ago. I don't bother with such minutiae. No disrespect to the man, but I heard him once a year and the information he was conveying was way more important than his identity.

See in English words mean something, my words are actually a compliment to you for knowing so much. Yet, you take them as an insult because as you stated you would like to see me leave.

I took it as an insult because it was an insult. Don't try to pretend that it was anything else.

I got an idea, why not help me with my 1968 thread as you were 18 years old and I was only 14. I still have 23 more races to cover. How about taking 11 of them and writing the story as it occurred in 1968?

Again if you had the radio glued to your ear, you would remember a lot of things. The next race is Milwaukee, why not do it for me as I was returning from school and could only get some of WTMJ's coverage on 620AM near South Bend that day.

Then you heard more of that race than I did. I said I had the radio glued to my ear for the 500, not every race in 1968.

Taking history seriously is a passion of mine, yet I do not have the time to post 3000 times and go after everyone you feel threatens me.

You may have been an English professor, but clearly math, or more precisely statistics, clearly isn't your forte. I have been a member here since Feb 2004. That works out to 51 months and I have posted a grand total of 2991 message including this one. That averages out to 58.65 messages a month. You have been here since Feb 2008 and in those three months you have posted a total of 685 messages, as of the time of this post. That averages out to 219.33 messages per month. Tell me again who spends the most time posting here and challenging those who dare to disagree.

You seem to. Me, I drank a we one to Nelson Stacy on the 46th year date of his huge win in the 600.

Bet you forgot.

You loose the bet. As a matter of fact I was sharing some pictures and the story behind the four foot tall trophy of Nelson's that sits in my living room, with my nephew, wishing I still had a BetaMax machine so I could watch the tape I have of him winning that race.

Gary

16&Gtown
30th May 2008, 03:10
Sid Collins

garyshell
30th May 2008, 04:40
Sid Collins

Thanks, I kept thinking Sid Nathan. But I knew that wasn't right, he was a local legend behind King Records, where James Brown (and others) got his start.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
30th May 2008, 17:35
I never claimed to be an expert. You are alone in that endeavor. I have no idea what the mans name was, nor do I care. It was over thirty freakin' years ago. I don't bother with such minutiae. No disrespect to the man, but I heard him once a year and the information he was conveying was way more important than his identity.

I am not an expert, never claimed to be. So the name Sid Collins meant nothing to you. I haven't heard the voice in 32 years but still can hear it.
That is not minutiae that is the history of the sport. You listen to him for 19 races, me only 11, yet you had no clue to who he was. That's ok, I guess even though you radio was glued to your ear for all those years it just didn't register.

I took it as an insult because it was an insult. Don't try to pretend that it was anything else.

It maybe could be considered an insult to a thirteen year old but a 59 year old with maturity and life experiences then not.

Then you heard more of that race than I did. I said I had the radio glued to my ear for the 500, not every race in 1968.

Neither did I as most were not on radio. Yet, I was there by reading about them in the Newspapers and NSSN. So in 1968 what time did the Rebroadcast of the race come on?

You may have been an English professor, but clearly math, or more precisely statistics, clearly isn't your forte. I have been a member here since Feb 2004. That works out to 51 months and I have posted a grand total of 2991 message including this one. That averages out to 58.65 messages a month. You have been here since Feb 2008 and in those three months you have posted a total of 685 messages, as of the time of this post. That averages out to 219.33 messages per month. Tell me again who spends the most time posting here and challenging those who dare to disagree.

Yet, you post to a bunch of stuff. I started this thread and you could have said nothing but yet you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself.

You loose the bet. As a matter of fact I was sharing some pictures and the story behind the four foot tall trophy of Nelson's that sits in my living room, with my nephew, wishing I still had a BetaMax machine so I could watch the tape I have of him winning that race.

Gary

Which Trophy is that? I am glad you remembered his biggest win as I did. See you try to make it a competition, as I remember those that for ONE DAY was the BEST at that TRACK.

Maybe that is a sign of someone that has the respect for the history of this sport.

!!WALDO!!
30th May 2008, 17:40
Also he doesnt even acknoledge the fact he was proven wrong, just pretends it never happened. How about a "you're right, I'm wrong" Waldo?

I was proven wrong about what? Pretending is for children. There is no right or wrong on this issue.

Drivers need to get "rainy day" sponsorship programs. Paul never once did anything for sponsors.

So you see what it got him. Same is true with many many others.

garyshell
30th May 2008, 18:04
I am not an expert, never claimed to be.

Really, you'd never know it by your style of participation here. Not once have I seen you defer to someone else's knowledge. Each and every time you attempt to trump with your superior photographic recall of history.

So in 1968 what time did the Rebroadcast of the race come on? Who the hell cares what time it was on? A perfect example of your need to trump with photographic recall.

Yet, you post to a bunch of stuff. I started this thread and you could have said nothing but yet you keep digging a deeper hole for yourself.

My inital reply in the thread was totally civil and on topic, prompting a reply from you and the snide remark "Again this stuff you should understand." But you remember 100% of all of the messages you write, so you already knew that, right? Look carefully Waldo, over the past two or three weeks I have attempted to reply in a civil way only to be met by your continued carefully crafted vitrol. I have gone out of my way to be non-confrontational in my initial replies and get barbs and insults back.

Which Trophy is that? I am glad you remembered his biggest win as I did. See you try to make it a competition, as I remember those that for ONE DAY was the BEST at that TRACK.

It was the "traveling trophy" for a race at the old Cincinnati Speedway. (That may not be the exact name, I don't have a photographic memory.) Nelson won the race the last year the track was open. When he moved to Florida, Nelson left all of his silver trophies and a handful of others in the care of my mother, because he had been warned about tarnish in the salty air of Daytona Beach where he was moving. He took all of the plaques off of them and took those with him. Therefore I don't know the specific race. Years latter Nelson sent for the silver and most of the trophies but let my Mom keep the big one from the Cincinnati raceway and two others, none of which have any identification on them. She gave them to me about 15 years ago and they hold a place of honor in my living room, at my dear wife's insistence. Unfortunately, Nelson had passed away by that time so they remain unidentified.

You may focus on the "those that for ONE DAY was the BEST at that TRACK". My focus is a bit wider. http://www.nascar-gas.com/bio-nstacy.htm

Maybe that is a sign of someone that has the respect for the history of this sport.

Or someone with an over inflated view of self.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
30th May 2008, 18:49
Really, you'd never know it by your style of participation here. Not once have I seen you defer to someone else's knowledge. Each and every time you attempt to trump with your superior photographic recall of history.

So you would rather read something totally untrue. If someone knows something I do not, I do not post, that simple.

Who the hell cares what time it was on? A perfect example of your need to trump with photographic recall.

Gotcha!!!!! Shouldn't of answered, you just fell into the quarry.

My inital reply in the thread was totally civil and on topic, prompting a reply from you and the snide remark "Again this stuff you should understand." But you remember 100% of all of the messages you write, so you already knew that, right? Look carefully Waldo, over the past two or three weeks I have attempted to reply in a civil way only to be met by your continued carefully crafted vitrol. I have gone out of my way to be non-confrontational in my initial replies and get barbs and insults back.

So that was Civil? I have been Civil too. Yet you keep coming back.

It was the "traveling trophy" for a race at the old Cincinnati Speedway. (That may not be the exact name, I don't have a photographic memory.) Nelson won the race the last year the track was open. When he moved to Florida, Nelson left all of his silver trophies and a handful of others in the care of my mother, because he had been warned about tarnish in the salty air of Daytona Beach where he was moving. He took all of the plaques off of them and took those with him. Therefore I don't know the specific race. Years latter Nelson sent for the silver and most of the trophies but let my Mom keep the big one from the Cincinnati raceway and two others, none of which have any identification on them. She gave them to me about 15 years ago and they hold a place of honor in my living room, at my dear wife's insistence. Unfortunately, Nelson had passed away by that time so they remain unidentified.

You may focus on the "those that for ONE DAY was the BEST at that TRACK". My focus is a bit wider. http://www.nascar-gas.com/bio-nstacy.htm

That track was up in West Chester I believe. Nice Track was there in 1969.
Travelling Trophies were neat.

Or someone with an over inflated view of self.

Gary

No, I just like honoring those that made history on a given day.

garyshell
30th May 2008, 22:35
That track was up in West Chester I believe. Nice Track was there in 1969.
Travelling Trophies were neat.

No this was WAY before that. This track was actually in the city limits. I'll ask my dad if he knows the name of the place. It would have been before 1965, for sure. Bceause I know we had the trophies in the house prior to a move that year.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 00:12
No this was WAY before that. This track was actually in the city limits. I'll ask my dad if he knows the name of the place. It would have been before 1965, for sure. Bceause I know we had the trophies in the house prior to a move that year.

Gary

I know that one ran some USAC Sprint shows and was a "half" mile paved track with banking. I think Gary Bettenhausen won that day.

Marcum's group, ARCA ran a show there as part of the Ohio 500. Guys like Ralph Lathum, Wayne Watercutter, Iggy Katona, Andy Hampton and Benny Parsons.

16&Gtown
31st May 2008, 00:24
I was proven wrong about what? Pretending is for children. There is no right or wrong on this issue.

Drivers need to get "rainy day" sponsorship programs. Paul never once did anything for sponsors.

So you see what it got him. Same is true with many many others.

You R-tard how werent you proven wrong?? you said Mobil wasnt at the speedway this year, and they were as Mobil 1 on the Penske's. So how is that not a blatent you are wrong?!

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 00:27
You R-tard how werent you proven wrong?? you said Mobil wasnt at the speedway this year, and they were as Mobil 1 on the Penske's. So how is that not a blatent you are wrong?!

Were did I say Mobil 1 wasn't at the Speedway? LINK PLEASE. I was using Mobil as an example of Paul Tracy not using relationships to save himself. Mobil 1 was at the Speedway but Mobil wasn't.

He had Mobil, K-Mart, Bud none which were at the Speedway this year.

Again, please stop calling people names and grow up and read.

16&Gtown
31st May 2008, 04:02
how were u not wrong waldo? you said mobil wasn't at the speedway and they were? I know this is petty and all but geeze man just admit it! just admit you made a mistake!

garyshell
31st May 2008, 07:20
I know that one ran some USAC Sprint shows and was a "half" mile paved track with banking. I think Gary Bettenhausen won that day.

Marcum's group, ARCA ran a show there as part of the Ohio 500. Guys like Ralph Lathum, Wayne Watercutter, Iggy Katona, Andy Hampton and Benny Parsons.

Bettenhausen won what day??? I am confused.

I talked to my Dad and he said he thought there was a photo of Nelson getting the trophy. I dug thru a box of old photos my mother had given me years ago and found a picture of Nelson receiving the trophy. Low and behold on the back was some info!!!! It says: "Jack Harrison Memorial Trophy. Nelson Stacy, J. Marcum and Jack uncle. 1958 at Indy" Note the little "u" in uncle and no apostrophe "S" after Jack??? And that at Indy REALLY throws me. My mother had always said this trophy was from the old track here in town. She passed away a few years ago and Dad could not recall where the trophy was from. (At least he remembered the photo!!!)

There is also a photographers stamp on it, "John L. Coomler, RR-10 Box 186, Indianapolis IN.", leading me to think the story of the Cincinnati track may be in error.

I found a page with a list of the ARCA Races in 1958. There seems to be some dispute about what races were or were not run. http://simracin40.proboards25.com/index.cgi?board=racestats&action=display&thread=1130&page=3

It shows Nelson Stacy winning two 50-lap features on August 24 at West 16th Street Speedway. And it mentions a race on June 7, 1958 at the Cincinnati Race Bowl. (That is the track Mom talked about.)

I can't find any info on the "Jack Harrison Memorial Trophy" though. I did find some info on Jack Harrison who succumbed to ulcers at age 26, so the "Jack uncle" on the photo, most likely should read "Jack's uncle".

I'll dig a bit deeper tomorrow.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 20:57
Bettenhausen won what day??? I am confused.

Gary

The day I was there in 1969 for a USAC SPRINT CAR RACE.

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 21:07
how were u not wrong waldo? you said mobil wasn't at the speedway and they were? I know this is petty and all but geeze man just admit it! just admit you made a mistake!

I said Mobil, you guys changed it to Mobil One, a motor oil. Like many other companies there is more to Mobil than Mobil One. I gassed up today at a MOBIL FILLING STATION that sells, fuel, three grades, and yes Mobil One along with Chips, pop and cigarettes.

Mobil Fuels had 500 winners including Foyt in his first and Parnelli Jones.

If you change things to attempt to make something I said look wrong then you got to do better than that? Was Mobil at Indy this year? No but one of their marketed products was on 3 cars.
Could have PT gone to Mobil and pushed other aspects of their business for sponsorship? Yes but he has no relationship with them. Just like Bud, they have about 50 brands and a few new one coming out this past month but no relationship.

That is what this was about, not you desperational attempts at proving me wrong about nothing.
(BTW "u" does not equal "you". That shows laziness and a lack of williness to get it right.)

16&Gtown
31st May 2008, 21:19
So mobil was represented at the speedway. You are the last person to point out grammatical errors, more than half of your posts require a detardo decoding device. Which they do also sell at Mobil stations...

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 21:34
So mobil was represented at the speedway. You are the last person to point out grammatical errors, more than half of your posts require a detardo decoding device. Which they do also sell at Mobil stations...

By a product sold to K-Mart also. So not Mobil Products. Look you guys are thick as bricks. It is like Havolene and Texaco same company but two seperate operations and revenue streams.

So Mobil was NOT represented but Mobil One was.

AGAIN, WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH PAUL TRACY?

I am also sorry that you broke your detardo decoding device. Maybe you can get a new one before school lets out for the year. For practice using it:
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125602

garyshell
31st May 2008, 21:52
The day I was there in 1969 for a USAC SPRINT CAR RACE.

Got it! That would be the old Cincinnati Speedway in the 'burbs versus the Cincinnati Race Bowl which was in the city limits, about where I-75 is now if I remember correctly.

So have you heard of the Jack Harrison Memorial Trophy?

The hunt for info has become interesting since Dad told me about the picture and the hints it contains on the back.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
31st May 2008, 22:01
Got it! That would be the old Cincinnati Speedway in the 'burbs versus the Cincinnati Race Bowl which was in the city limits, about where I-75 is now if I remember correctly.

So have you heard of the Jack Harrison Memorial Trophy?

The hunt for info has become interesting since Dad told me about the picture and the hints it contains on the back.

Gary

An old friend of mine, Allan Brown out of Comstock Park, MI has a book of all the old Speedways that now have become something else. You should look for it as it has the history of those tracks.

Only Harrisons I knew from Ohio were Daryl and his son both Sprint Car Drivers on pavement. Daryl was at West Chester when I was there and you should remember his son from Thunder Shows in the late 1980's.

ARCA in Toledo could also help as it was MARC what Stacy started in and they have archives. www.arcaracing.com (http://www.arcaracing.com) may help get you a contact. Good people and helpful about the past. You being a shirt tail relative to the Great Nelson Stacy who helped put ARCA on the map as a stepping stone to the GRAND NATIONAL they maybe willing to help and do a little research for you.

garyshell
31st May 2008, 22:31
An old friend of mine, Allan Brown out of Comstock Park, MI has a book of all the old Speedways that now have become something else. You should look for it as it has the history of those tracks.

Only Harrisons I knew from Ohio were Daryl and his son both Sprint Car Drivers on pavement. Daryl was at West Chester when I was there and you should remember his son from Thunder Shows in the late 1980's.

ARCA in Toledo could also help as it was MARC what Stacy started in and they have archives. www.arcaracing.com (http://www.arcaracing.com) may help get you a contact. Good people and helpful about the past. You being a shirt tail relative to the Great Nelson Stacy who helped put ARCA on the map as a stepping stone to the GRAND NATIONAL they maybe willing to help and do a little research for you.

Any idea of the book title? I am not certain that this Harrison was from Ohio. In fact I am pretty sure he was not. I did just send a note to three folks at ARCA to see if they can shed any light. Thanks for the tip.

Gary

P.S. Would this be the book?
http://isbndb.com/d/book/the_history_of_the_american_speedway.html

!!WALDO!!
2nd June 2008, 14:42
P.S. Would this be the book?
http://isbndb.com/d/book/the_history_of_the_american_speedway.html

That would be it. I guess he has his mail ops where Berlin Speedway is?

There were three generations of Harrisons that drove. Daryl and David were 2 and 3. They were from Tiffin.
Just like the Fishers as there were generations of them of course and Sarah is the end of that line.

Scheckterfan54
2nd June 2008, 17:45
So the deal is worth $1,000,000 then why didn't PT take it to Walker or Penske or Ganassi? Paul needs 4 more of those. One sponsor does not make it when it is one quarter of what was needed.

At the Speedway I talked to 2 dozen people about money needed in this sport and to a man agreed that PT never did anything to help himself. He had Mobil, K-Mart, Bud none which were at the Speedway this year.

Wait until that NCTS ride requires him to bring the Monster money along. That amount could get him though the season.

Mobil may be the manufacturer of Mobil1, which was at the speedway. You should have been clear from the beginning because Bud is a product of Anhauser Busch and Kmart is owned by Sears. So if Bud was at the speedway, you would say that Anhauser Busch was not there, just one of its products? You are not making any sense and we are all sick of it.

!!WALDO!!
2nd June 2008, 18:10
Mobil may be the manufacturer of Mobil1, which was at the speedway. You should have been clear from the beginning because Bud is a product of Anhauser Busch and Kmart is owned by Sears. So if Bud was at the speedway, you would say that Anhauser Busch was not there, just one of its products? You are not making any sense and we are all sick of it.

Thank you but you changed the rules to Mobil One, Mobil makes a living off of fuel.
Yes, about Bud but there are 50 other products that could have been marketed.
Rolling Rock does not equal Bud.

If you change to discussion then you expect an answer you will not like. Point was PT did nothing to build his own brand.
Who gets more from Monster, Tommy Johnson Jr in Funny Cars or Paul Tracy?

Those companys, MOBIL, K-MART and BUD have more brands to sell but they do not even know who Paul Tracy is.

Scheckterfan54
2nd June 2008, 18:56
My point was that it doesnt matter who the parent company is, it is marketing Mobil 1 motor oil through team penske. All companies have a marketing strategy for the products they want to advertise to a certain group of consumers. Just as Marlboro is just a brand for phillip morris, it is marketed to certain consumer group. You just need to admit you are wrong, we have all been wrong a few times.

!!WALDO!!
2nd June 2008, 21:18
My point was that it doesnt matter who the parent company is, it is marketing Mobil 1 motor oil through team penske. All companies have a marketing strategy for the products they want to advertise to a certain group of consumers. Just as Marlboro is just a brand for phillip morris, it is marketed to certain consumer group. You just need to admit you are wrong, we have all been wrong a few times.

My point was to a guy crying that Paul Tracy wasn't in the starting field that the 500 will suck.

Not wrong as Mobil is larger than you guys talking about Mobil One. Want to guess how much that was to put on the car? How about Kodak?

I just passed East of Dale Coyne's shop a BILLBOARD for Tissot Watches with Danica Patrick on the ad.

Think that if Danica's little world came undone that she could not call up Tissot and get a check?

Where is Paul Tracy in this? Sitting at home in Las Vegas waiting for the phone to ring.

So explain to me if I go to a Mobil Station I can get Mobil One, yet I go get my oil changed across the street from work I get Mobil One. A truck comes and delivers it different that the one supplying my Mobil station. Different company for both.

Mobil is not Mobil One, period and get over the fact you and others changed things.
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=480080&postcount=11
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=480162&postcount=15
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=480219&postcount=16

I have made this crystal clear but you still want to make it an issue.

This was about Paul not Penske or anyone else. GET IT?

NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)

Scheckterfan54
2nd June 2008, 22:39
[quote="!!WALDO!!"]
Mobil is not Mobil One, period QUOTE]

Go to this website where next to a picture of a Mobil gas station, it shows a picture of Sam Hornish's MOBIL 1 Nascar...hmmmmm, mind boggling.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/gFM/home_Contact_Us/homepage.asp

!!WALDO!!
2nd June 2008, 23:28
Mobil is not Mobil One, period QUOTE]

Go to this website where next to a picture of a Mobil gas station, it shows a picture of Sam Hornish's MOBIL 1 Nascar...hmmmmm, mind boggling.

http://www.mobil.com/USA-English/gFM/home_Contact_Us/homepage.asp

Good so now you can see how much the Mobil One deal is worth to the ICS. Nada, ZERO, Ziltch.

It seem like you need to be right to tell your school mates.

Ok, even though I have been buying Mobil/Exxon products for 35 years I do not know what I am talking about. Mobil Gas/Filling Stations/Other Petroleum Products is marketed exactly the same as MOBIL ONE. Therefore I am wrong and you are right because the web says so.

Happy now?

Now go away and get back to the issue.

This was about Paul not Penske or anyone else. GET IT?

NO REFERENCE, IMPLIED OR REAL TO ANY POSTER, LIVING, DEAD, or NOT YET BORN.)