PDA

View Full Version : Car of Tomorrow News

CREWDAWG
22nd January 2007, 23:52
Off the subject but A press conf wrapped up about the NASCAR new year and what to expect. Check out this good info about the COT at:

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/.element/img/1.0/sect/news/2007/1/22/cot/COT.pdf

Nick Brad
23rd January 2007, 12:04
I see the need for most of the new additions that make up the COT particularly the safety aspects, but I still don't agree with the aero package on the cars. The rear wing should be scrapped as it makes them look like a typical road racer, surely a flat blade spoiler like we have on the pickups would have been a better compromise with the front end altered to match the downforce.

corbygal
23rd January 2007, 15:46
I see the need for most of the new additions that make up the COT particularly the safety aspects, but I still don't agree with the aero package on the cars. The rear wing should be scrapped as it makes them look like a typical road racer, surely a flat blade spoiler like we have on the pickups would have been a better compromise with the front end altered to match the downforce.

I agree with the rear wing, it looks hideous, and makes them look like chavs should be driving them! lol.

Dave17
23rd January 2007, 18:56
I agree with the above to post but the powers at be seem to think it will make the cars more stable therefore safer. This can only be a good thing and I guess we will get used to the look.

Abo
23rd January 2007, 20:51
I agree with the rear wing, it looks hideous, and makes them look like chavs should be driving them! lol.

A couple of seasons in you'll wonder what all the fuss was about (maybe lol)

cgs
23rd January 2007, 21:23
i like it. the only thing i don't like though is that NASCAR will randomly issue teams with rear wings at each event, which means the teams cannot colour them to suit their paintschemes, so the entire field will have black (possibly) wings!

JovialJooles
24th January 2007, 02:23
I think the car is hideous!

We will just have to see how it all pans out at the end of the season.

I notice that there are no diecasts of the COT.

Julian

fastbob
24th January 2007, 08:49
Was at Daytona on xmas eve and boxing day, they have a COT on display.... it looks really nice, the wing doesn't look out of place.

Strange that our pick ups used to have element style wings and have now changed to a sheet of ally "NASCAR" style!!!

acorn
24th January 2007, 13:07
Strange that our pick ups used to have element style wings ............

i may be wrong but i believe it was purely cosmetic(and non-adjustable) and did little for the aerodynamics.

Abo
24th January 2007, 13:33
Strange that our pick ups used to have element style wings and have now changed to a sheet of ally "NASCAR" style!!!

The picture on the back of Wilky's transporter still has one on!

cgs
24th January 2007, 14:22
i don't think the COT looks that bad when it's fully painted. i guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens i guess...