PDA

View Full Version : Cot News

CREWDAWG
22nd January 2007, 22:47
A press conf wrapped up about the new year and what to expect. Check out this good info about the COT at:

http://i.a.cnn.net/nascar/.element/img/1.0/sect/news/2007/1/22/cot/COT.pdf

http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/official/01/22/car.tomorrow.facts/index.html

RaceFanStan
22nd January 2007, 23:58
No new information really.
The COT is being touted by NASCAR as the best thing since buttered bread ...
Time will tell if the COT is successful ...
on paper it sounds fantastic but the real test will come on the track. http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g202/gr8link/erm/2.gif

call_me_andrew
23rd January 2007, 03:28
The sooner we get back to handicapped sillouetes, the better.

BenRoethig
23rd January 2007, 06:10
To be honest, I would have made a couple changes like a longer wheelbase like modern large to mid size cars, a sedan-type profile, and possibly a body made out of something a little more advanced than sheetmetal, but this is a step in the right direction. All that is needed now is the fuel injected V8 engine of tomorrow.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 07:12
Engine of today you mean...Is there a car left on the road for sale now from a manufacturer that HAS a carb? Fuel Injection, maybe a stock unit sealed to prevent tampering would be on the way....

CREWDAWG
23rd January 2007, 11:49
Sooooooooooooooo, if it does fail, does that mean it will becone the Car of Yesterday (COY)??? LOL...sorry, couldn't resist.

RaceFanStan
23rd January 2007, 13:10
NASCAR's Car Of Tomorrow WON'T fail.
It may get tweaked but NASCAR won't allow it to fail. :D

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 16:22
Stan, even if it FAILS, it will be used so the fiction is that it is a success....just like the CHASE, NASCAR wont turn the page of history back, you are right, it will be tweaked until it works, even if the tweaking makes it something different.

NASCAR never fails, they just change things until they can claim victory. Not a bad way to work, for it is at least trying to please the public, which is something NASCAR is the best at....it is us purists and hard core fans that sometimes get bent out of shape about it....

BobbyC
24th January 2007, 03:07
Doug Rice (PRN) told me in an e-mail last year he loved the winged Dodges of the past, and he did note to me the COT's do harken back to NASCAR's past with the wings.

I see NASCAR also giving in to today's tricked-out customised car culture with the splitter and wings. Look at the tricks on today's sport-compact cars.

Bob Riebe
24th January 2007, 17:45
Engine of today you mean...Is there a car left on the road for sale now from a manufacturer that HAS a carb? Fuel Injection, maybe a stock unit sealed to prevent tampering would be on the way....
If they would do that, if would be another step to total spec. racing; not that the France boys would mind that.

Although they must use a certain type of Holley carb, as is, they can still fine tune the carburettor.
Take that away, well - the France boy really do want a generic engine, so we better enjoy the comparatively open rules under the hood while they still exist.
If NASCAR does go to fuel injection, I would bet one whole lot of money it will be a closely limited as the turd of tomorrow body is.
Bob
PS-I may actually watch my first Daytona 500 this year for the first time in over 20 years just to see how the Toyota does.

jeffconn
26th January 2007, 01:32
One nice thing about the COT; it's making ARCA cars cheaper. :D
http://www.nascar.com/2007/news/headlines/cup/01/24/cot.cheap.cars/index.html

Mark in Oshawa
27th January 2007, 18:49
Doug Rice (PRN) told me in an e-mail last year he loved the winged Dodges of the past, and he did note to me the COT's do harken back to NASCAR's past with the wings.

I see NASCAR also giving in to today's tricked-out customised car culture with the splitter and wings. Look at the tricks on today's sport-compact cars.

Bobby, if they are after that crowd with the hats on backwards and the wings and splitters, they ought get Honda in here as well!