PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from UK going to charlotte in 2009

XM369
22nd May 2008, 10:48
Time to start booking flighs and hotel for charlotte in 2009.

Anyone else from the UK going to charlotte in 2009?

Were going for 2 weeks to get the whole of speedweek in.

Went in 2007 and its fantastic, only did the 600 that time, but next year will be doing the whole thing.

Anyone live on lake norman want to entertain nice couple from england one day?

colinspooky
22nd May 2008, 13:08
oh - don't get me started - I am already miserable at missing this year

Simmi
22nd May 2008, 19:09
Can either of you give a rough estimate of how much it costs to do a trip like this?

colinspooky
23rd May 2008, 11:24
Can either of you give a rough estimate of how much it costs to do a trip like this?

Not me - got most of it for nothing and called it work - yay..........

XM369
29th June 2008, 19:33

Depends how you do it, next year were doing it all ourselves were staying at embassy suites at concorde (only 1 mile from charlotte race way) for 12 nights thats about £1500, flights for 2 of us £1000-£1200 then tickets for what ever races you want.

you could go with raceawayhospitality they will do everything for you and are great we used them in 2007

you will want to hire a car and get sat nav, you will need it, just remember they drive on the wrong side of the road in the states (i forgot once at a big junction and almost went the wrong way) wierd thing is unlike all racing games there was no flasging "Wrong Way" on the windscreen....... :D

So anyone staying in embassy suites concorde for the speed week in 2009?

Paul

gary_580
29th June 2008, 22:45
I will have the renewal rights for my Bristol August night race tickets if anyone is interested in going

colinspooky
4th July 2008, 10:45
So anyone staying in embassy suites concorde for the speed week in 2009?

Paul

Saw that being built and almost finished when we were there last year - right next to the track too - could walk in - early booking for that one.

I disagree on the need for sat nav - we just got a local road map from the hotel.

As for driving on wrong side, been to US too often to worry about that. And driven on Continent too much, but can see it would be easy. Reason why my other half rarely drives out there.

:eek:

Seriously thinking about getting back there - we saw all the races - makes the long trip more worthwhile when you can get two weekends worth of racing in :D