PDA

View Full Version : TV Options for NASCAR

Old Stock Nut
22nd January 2007, 23:41
Something funny happend when I posted this, so here is the text of the original!!

Still no news on NASN web site plus no mention of NASCAR in their ESPN takover press release - a bit worrying that one. Also, it looks as though TVU will not be an option this year either at first sight by the look of the way channels keep coming and going on it. I recently noticed a load of ads for live TV streaming on the Speed TV site and others (eg watchonline.tv) claiming to let you watch load of channels on the net for a one-off fee of about £24-30. Has anyone tried any of these options or are they scams or virus distibutors of various sorts? I suppose the new NASCAR.com offering just announced might be worthwhile as an alternative as well. Anyone with any better ideas?

Speedworx
23rd January 2007, 00:59
I still think NASCAR will be shown on NASN.

They even said they would put the trucks coverage to the people in charge with I e mailed them.

71minus2
23rd January 2007, 07:46
when i spoke to NASN last week they were confident of securing NASCAR. Would be great to get the trucks as well. Cant imaging my other half being too happy though.......friday, saturday (if Motors TV show it) and Sunday glued to the box.

Abo
23rd January 2007, 11:11
If it's on NASN I just hope this new lot don't nob it up like Setanta... I guess ESPN have a bit of experience in broadcasting, though ;)

Nick Brad
23rd January 2007, 11:43
I need to know what's happening asap with regards to NTL as I'm currently stuck with my in laws and I don't want to bring up the subject of paying for extra channels until I know it's worth getting.

cgs
24th January 2007, 14:23
i guess if all else fails, there's always the underground method....

The Watcher
25th January 2007, 22:50
As an ntl customer, I received a letter saying that NASN cannot be subscribed to seperately. From 1st Feb it will be part of the Setanta Sports package which will cost 15 pounds per month (NASN on it's own was 10 pounds). Unless you ring in before 31st Jan and cancel your NASN subscription, you will automatically be upgraded to the new package.

Mind you, when i rang ntl to unsubscribe from NASN their customer service person did not know anything about this upgrade and i had to read the letter to him!

Abo
25th January 2007, 23:10
Seems a bit odd now, since NASN was bought by ESPN. Good old NTL...

Abo
25th January 2007, 23:38
Speaking of NASN, they want to get a shuffle on as the racing starts on the 10th Feb

Dave17
26th January 2007, 17:53
Also on the subject of NASN...it was down the other night when the All Star hockey was supposed to be on. It took them a long time to admit to callers that the fault was at their end and a further 2hours to cure it!!!