PDA

View Full Version : McLaren: Next Stop - Between Williams and Red Bull... Again

PSfan
21st May 2008, 21:31
Autosport

McLaren change pitlane position again

McLaren have been moved back up to the middle of the pitlane for the Monaco Grand Prix, following their relegation down to the bottom end for the last three races.

the pitlane allocation for Monaco has seen them return to the slot between Williams and Red Bull Racing.

No reason has been specified.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/67603

Here we go again...

ioan
21st May 2008, 22:01
Well, this is getting tiresome even for me.
Can't they just leave them at the far end of the pit lane?
Oh wait, this is Monaco, they can't be seen down there, plus there is a good chance that here, because of the little available space, the 5th spot will be better than the last one.

Anyway, it's tiresome.

millencolin
22nd May 2008, 00:58
bull****... they came last, they should be down the end! just because they are McLaren doesn't mean they get special treatment... special treatment is reserved for Ferrari only :p :

Hawkmoon
22nd May 2008, 03:32
This'll be Bernie taking a backhanded shot at Max. Bernie wanted McLaren further up the pitlane from the get-go and had his wish initially. Then Max stepped in and moved them to the end.

Now after Max's letter has pissed Bernie off he's moved them back again. Good to see a couple of old men acting like kids fighting over a toy. :rolleyes:

gloomyDAY
22nd May 2008, 05:55
Isn't being at the end an advantage?

ArrowsFA1
22nd May 2008, 08:39
We've been here before. See Mosley Keeps McLaren In Last Pit Garage (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126586).

This is becoming like some comical tug of war :rolleyes:

leopard
22nd May 2008, 09:01
Probably, Hamilton can easily overtook Massa in Turkey. :D

Knock-on
22nd May 2008, 09:09
All I can say is "Ditto"

Azumanga Davo
22nd May 2008, 11:54
We've been here before. See Mosley Keeps McLaren In Last Pit Garage (http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126586).

This is becoming like some comical tug of war :rolleyes:

I am fully in favour of watching Sooty and Sweep play tug of war for an hour and a half instead of Bernie Billions and his Scalextric cars. ;)

elinagr
22nd May 2008, 12:07
5th place is a advantage, they should disqualified if they win on sunday :D

TMorel
23rd May 2008, 12:02
5th place is a advantage, they should disqualified if they win on sunday :D
I assume you are talking about having Max & Bernie thrown out, as this has bugger all to do with McLaren, it's two petty men and their petty games.

N. Jones
23rd May 2008, 15:49
Is this really an issue? Aren't there more things to talk about than where in the hell Ron Dennis and his crew sit on any particular weekend? :rolleyes:

Knock-on
23rd May 2008, 16:27
Is this really an issue? Aren't there more things to talk about than where in the hell Ron Dennis and his crew sit on any particular weekend? :rolleyes:

Well, hopefully Lewis and Hekki will be sitting in the car, the crew will be in whatever garage they have been allocated at any given hour over the weekend and Ron will be hopping on coals and not sitting anywhere :D

Big Ben
23rd May 2008, 20:21
Oh wait, this is Monaco, they can't be seen down there, plus there is a good chance that here, because of the little available space, the 5th spot will be better than the last one.

Anyway, it's tiresome.
you are getting pretty tiresome yourself

Tallgeese
23rd May 2008, 23:01
Oh just race! Could it have been Super Aguri's vacant space?

N. Jones
24th May 2008, 01:56
Well, hopefully Lewis and Hekki will be sitting in the car, the crew will be in whatever garage they have been allocated at any given hour over the weekend and Ron will be hopping on coals and not sitting anywhere :D

:laugh:

N. Jones
24th May 2008, 01:58

Anyway, it's tiresome.

I will agree with you though - isn't last last? Meaning that, they finished last, keep them at the end. Is it really so hard? Or is somebody (Max) trying to do things indirectly to prove he doesn't have a vendetta against McLaren and Ron Dennis?

mstillhere
24th May 2008, 04:12

Well...i don't think that's the issue anymore. The issue now, in my view, is what's the rule? They go were we feel like they should go? And how many teams would be affected by this rule? One, two, three?....and which ones? and why?...and so on. So, this is getting out of control.

Dave B
24th May 2008, 09:00
Interesting opinion from the Times' Ed Gorman:

Why is this? The FIA PR people seemed genuinely surprised and didn't seem to know that this had even happened when first asked about it. It was something they would have to look into, they said. Then Bernie was asked about it while wondering around the paddock on Friday morning. He also seemed a little surprised and said: "It must be a mistake." If you ask McLaren they say: "We are happy to do whatever FOM(Bernie) tells us."

My view is that nothing happens by accident in Bernie's world. The man is a perfectionist and orderliness and tidiness are big priorities. Bernie likes everything to be "just so". With that in mind, it seems pretty remarkable that an "error" of this magnitude could have gone unnoticed. So you are left with two theories. One, Bernie has done it on purpose to cock a snoop at Mosley. Two, Mosley, weakened by the scandal, has decided to try and make friends, even with his arch enemy Ron. I favour the first possibility.

http://timesonline.typepad.com/formula_one/

ioan
24th May 2008, 13:02
It seems that is Bernie trying to play with Max. And McLaren is the ball