PDA

View Full Version : Funny quote in ESPN article

millencolin
21st May 2008, 15:38
Why im reading ESPN articles when i have a Mid Term exam tomoro is beyond me, but i saw this and had a laugh...

(Another funny sight: Australia native Will Power explained to a reporter that Tuesday he would be throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game in Detroit, then turned to his PR rep and asked which team played there.)

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/columns/story?columnist=schwarb_john&id=3405057

I would be surprised if Will knew how to 'pitch'. I'd love to see him whip out a cricket ball, polish it up, get a decent run up and bowl a 'bouncer' or get some 'leg spin' action going, i wonder what the crowd reaction would be then :p :

But hey, added exposure for the series... cant be a bad thing!

P.s... what team plays in detroit?

johnny shell
21st May 2008, 15:45
the Lyons

Vegasguy
21st May 2008, 17:04
The Pistons

dataman1
21st May 2008, 19:21
I would be surprised if Will knew how to 'pitch'. I'd love to see him whip out a cricket ball, polish it up, get a decent run up and bowl a 'bouncer' or get some 'leg spin' action going, i wonder what the crowd reaction would be then :p :

I think that is a great idea. Put him in a green and yellow outfit and let him do as you suggested provided he can. As long as the announcers tell the crowd he is from Australia they could have some great fun with this. He could speak to the crowd using his accent then say he has never played baseball so he'll do his best imitation. This is real outside the box thinking. Fresh, never been done before.

JSH
21st May 2008, 20:40
The Detroit Tigers play baseball in Detroit.

Vegasguy
21st May 2008, 22:08
The Detroit Tigers play baseball in Detroit.

I beg to differ.... they are 18-27 and at the bottom of the AL Central. I don't think you can call that playing baseball.

ROTFLMAO ;-)

Vegasguy
21st May 2008, 22:48
"playing at", perhaps? :p

You got it!!!

BenRoethig
21st May 2008, 23:11
I beg to differ.... they are 18-27 and at the bottom of the AL Central. I don't think you can call that playing baseball.

ROTFLMAO ;-)

I'm not minding that one bit. It gets us one step closer to the L-Train series.

BoilerIMS
22nd May 2008, 16:04
I'm not minding that one bit. It gets us one step closer to the L-Train series.

Uggh... being a Tigers fan, that makes my ears hurt. Especially since you're talking about the Sox going all the way. I usually don't 'hate' MLB teams (Yankees and [more recently] Red Sox excepted), but the Chicago "Mayor Daley" Sox aren't far from that list.

Let's get back to racing... This weekend is like New Years-Fourth of July-Thanksgiving-Christmas in a layered cake.

harvick#1
22nd May 2008, 16:27
Let's get back to racing... This weekend is like New Years-Fourth of July-Thanksgiving-Christmas in a layered cake.

got that right,

3 prestige races all on one day, what can be better. (24 hours of Lemans needs to be moved to May 24-25 :D )

Vegasguy
22nd May 2008, 16:39

I plan on being one LARGE couch potato all day!