PDA

View Full Version : Just Heard A Funny Quote

Chamoo
20th May 2008, 01:43
I was driving home from refereeing lacrosse today, and listening to Raceline Radio in Canada, they had Scott Goodyear on, and he called Vision Racing 'Dominant'.

Can we get someone who knows the series better calling the races?

Jonesi
20th May 2008, 03:37
I was driving home from refereeing lacrosse today, and listening to Raceline Radio in Canada, they had Scott Goodyear on, and he called Vision Racing 'Dominant'.

Well the owner of the team can get any rule change he wants put through, so it's somewhat accurate ;-) However if you're refering to wins on the track, they're not there, yet.

Wilf
20th May 2008, 06:06
Well the owner of the team can get any rule change he wants put through, so it's somewhat accurate ;-) However if you're refering to wins on the track, they're not there, yet.

While you are accurate in saying the team owner is capable of making any rules change he chooses, fortunately he hasn't been quite as capricious with his use of the rules as Scotty Boy was with his use of the term dominant. (How do you wink with your left eye?)

seppefan
20th May 2008, 07:51
Funny !!!

Watching US racing from Europe leaves me cold as to the commentators from the US side. Not all but nearly all are leaving me cold. Watch NASCAR and they speak true American which no European really gets. How many times do they tell you that you must never take your team mate out. The pride in their voices as they give us probably the most technical part of the whole commentary is sweet but oh so tedious!

ZzZzZz
20th May 2008, 10:18
Goodyear just isn't very bright...

DrDomm
20th May 2008, 13:36
I thought the only decent commentator during qualifying was actually Eddie Cheever. Not horrible.

millencolin
20th May 2008, 15:09
I thought the only decent commentator during qualifying was actually Eddie Cheever. Not horrible.

Lets just say the commentary during qualifying put me to sleep... literally! I was asleep for Townsends run! and this was at 3 in the arvo!!!

garyshell
20th May 2008, 15:38
Goodyear just isn't very bright...

Yeah, didn't he prove that a few years back while driving at Indy???

Gary

EagleEye
20th May 2008, 18:39

The best of all time remains Jack Arute calling Greg Ray, the "The Tiger Woods of Indycar racing....".

I don't think Greg Ray was even the Fuzzy Zoeller of Indycar racing. He was more like the Clay Aiken of the Indycar series...not that there is anything wrong with that.

ZzZzZz
20th May 2008, 23:17
Yeah, didn't he prove that a few years back while driving at Indy???

Gary

Yep, plus it seems whenever he has an anecdote about his career, it's some embarrassingly boneheaded maneuver he pulled.

methanolHuffer
24th May 2008, 17:58
It's pretty obvious that Goodyear tries to remind anyone that will listen that he was once a race driver, too.
What a hack that guy.

Vegasguy
24th May 2008, 18:44
Funny !!!
Watch NASCAR and they speak true American which no European really gets.

Ahhhh..... NO!

They speak true south..... which in the rest of the country is considered a handicap.

;-)