PDA

View Full Version : Re 2007 TRD 3 V8 Supercar Championship

Peter Vuko
22nd January 2007, 21:39
Well guys the 2007 V8 series starts in March. Thought I would put out some feelers to see who is interested & what format the series should take. In 2006 we ran the same events as the real series, starting each Rd on the weekend of the actual race. This meant we had usually about 3 weeks between Rds. We used normal simulation, with no boosts allowed & the race Rds usually included a default set up race & a free set up race. We also ran Enduros & some Reverse Grid races. Here are some options for this year. Could you please express offers of interest in entering the series & what format you would like to see.
Options:
1. Keep format like last series. This would mean 14 Rds of racing from March to December.
2. Keep format like last year but allow boost - this would be similar to the FAP series - this could allow for a Codemasters Hall of Fame style Qualifying where top 3 qualifyers would get bonus pts.
3. Use same format as last year but Use Pro- Simulation mode - harder but more rewarding & the actual times are much closer to the real thing.
4. Use normal sim but make up our own calendar & events - this would mean we could slot in a mixture of Aussie tracks & International tracks.
Comments please!!!!

RaikkonenRules
22nd January 2007, 21:45
I would like this please Mr. Vuko

2. Keep format like last year but allow boost - this would be similar to the FAP series - this could allow for a Codemasters Hall of Fame style Qualifying where top 3 qualifyers would get bonus pts.

You taking entries yet?
Here it is anyway
#8 RaikkonenRules-Holden Racing-Holden Commedore(Mark Skaife)
PS2 GBR

real_illusions
22nd January 2007, 22:46
i would say no to the boost..as i haven't got it. Unless your using it just for practise and to get in the hall of fame, but not using it for real quali and race.

I would like to see the same format as last year, but include some international circuits as well..like donington park ;)

definatly keep the normal sim..i dont like pro sim so much..the cars seem sluggish and less predicatable..and could lead to spread out races..while the normal sim lead to some very close finishes last year..even in the enduros.

i'd like to see less enduros, and more middlish distance races. the short races are ok..

default and free setups..hmm..i dont like the mixture as much..so..either stick with defaults or free set ups for the entire race weekend. Perhaps tell us before the ch'ship begins..or at the end of the preceding round what it is..so we can practise. Or just allow free setups throughout the series.

and i'd like to keep my holden please ;)

tannat
23rd January 2007, 00:22
Either 1 or 4 :D

harvick#1
23rd January 2007, 01:00
1 or 4 and I'll join

c8nay
23rd January 2007, 01:40
I'm in again to make the back of the grid more interesting.

I liked last years format, including the reverse grid races. Boost isn't very realistic. But the adding or replacing races for some international tracks sounds good, we could have an Australian champion and an International champion.

So I'd say 4 or 1. :)

racer69
23rd January 2007, 06:52
Number 1 :)

I am evil Homer
23rd January 2007, 08:53
Happy to keep it as it is. I'd definitely be in for another crack at the V8s :)

Brown, Jon Brow
23rd January 2007, 09:37
I'd like to use Pro-sim handling on some rounds because I think that the normal handling of the V8's is very dodgy. Having an edgy car that is difficult to control suits my driving style. (Hence why I'm good in Clio's and DTM but rubbish in FPA were there is a lot of grip)

I'd like the race calender to be as close to the real thing as possible with a mixture of sprints and enduro's.

I don't know what boost is for V8's but I'd like Hall of Fame practice. Even if we would only get on to the 2nd or 3rd pages :)

Adam Sloma
23rd January 2007, 09:51
I dont know how it was last year, but I'm in! V8 HoF is full of cheaters (DTM, Clio and BMW Williams F1 too) like Phase 111, child 3 years old, Helge Olsen, RaZoR,Sylvain Brault, Armando Aguiles and Alejandro De la paz.

chrisfinch
23rd January 2007, 11:23
I shall probably join- after the TRD1 BTCC I shall have no more series to do, and this sounds interesting.

The idea fo follwoing the series sounds good, but as i didn't do last year, was it successful?

Also I'm a fan of default set ups, as I'm only a casual player of the game, and don't really want to be fussed with setups.

johnny shell
23rd January 2007, 13:01
I would like to run the best tracks we can come up with, whether the real series runs them or not.

Peter Vuko
24th January 2007, 02:06
At this stage from the comments given, I am leaning towards the following:
* normal simulation handling with no boost allowed.
* making up our own calendar that will feature the best of the Australian & International tracks (even though I haven't unlocked these myself yet)
* 12 Rds with 2weeks between Rds.(series will run 6mths)
* Devise our own point scoring system with bonus pts for top 3-5 qualifyers
* Run a mixture of races - sprints, enduro's, reverse grid, default & free set ups to keep it interesting.

Comments please! In about 2 weeks if there are no big negatives about the above, I will format a calendar for the series. If you are interested put your name & car type(Holden or Ford) down. So far we have 13 interested drivers. I will ask for a more formal entry - number, country, team name, next thread. Here are the interested drivers so far:

*P. Vuko
*S.Vuko
*R/Rules
*real_ill
*Harvick
*Tannat
*J.B.
*Homer
*c8nay
*racer69
*C.Finch
*A.Sloma
*J.Shell

harvick#1
24th January 2007, 02:47
Put in Laguna, so Tannat, Johnny, and I can finally feel at home for once :)

tannat
24th January 2007, 03:27
Put in Laguna, so Tannat, Johnny, and I can finally feel at home for once :)

..and it would be cool to do Spa or Brno... :D

I like what you have proposed, PV :up:

Peter Vuko
24th January 2007, 10:04
At this stage Laguna Seca & Spa would be definites in the proposed tracks.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th January 2007, 10:10
Laguna Seca!!!! I love that place :)

Is there any UK tracks in the V8 international tour

Peter Vuko
24th January 2007, 11:11
Yes J.B. there are a number of British tracks - Donnington,Silverstone & Brands Hatch. I will most likely be including all three to keep the "Poms" happy!

Brown, Jon Brow
24th January 2007, 11:22
Yes J.B. there are a number of British tracks - Donnington,Silverstone & Brands Hatch. I will most likely be including all three to keep the "Poms" happy!

To keep us happy or because they are better than Aussies tracks :p

real_illusions
24th January 2007, 11:23
V8's round brands? thats going to be fun :P i think i might try that in a few minutes actually..

All is looking good so far. Although i still dont like a mixture of defaults and setups in 1 weekend.

:)

johnny shell
24th January 2007, 15:48
it's not that big of a deal, but since I'm still learning the cars and a lot of the tracks, being able to keep the same set-up on the car all weekend would help me.

maybe some weekends could be free set-up and other weekends could be default? that would be cool.

but I'm just one lowly field-filler :)

I am evil Homer
24th January 2007, 17:04
I liked sharing set-up details to help even the field up. Happy with default set up or custom.

The idea of a round every two weeks is good, although after Bathurst a three-week gap would be nice!!!

real_illusions
24th January 2007, 17:28
maybe some weekends could be free set-up and other weekends could be default? that would be cool.

yeah..thats my idea too :)

setup advice is always welcome from the top drivers like homer, vuko and JB.

Brown, Jon Brow
24th January 2007, 20:44

Oh don't!! your making me blush!! :o

dcr22B
26th January 2007, 13:34
With the shorter season, you'll be seeing dcr22B back again after last year but I'm going to make a switch from SBR to 888 (TeamVodafone.com).

Peter,

I like the look of the new proposals but I'd love it if we could have a race on my home patch, Mondello Park.

Roll on the new season!

racer69
26th January 2007, 17:17
To be honest i'd prefer to run all the Australian tracks, however i'm still in no matter where we race.

In a Ford of course :)

I am evil Homer
26th January 2007, 17:30
I may go back to the Falcon - seemed to suit me more in the comparisons I did. No idea what team.

dcr22B
2nd February 2007, 08:59
How many drivers are we looking at so far?

tannat
6th February 2007, 02:07

They'll provide it, r_i. I think Homer, PV, and Muz have responded to countless PMs from me about setup advice.

Ask, and ye shall receive :D

RALLY TEAM GB
15th February 2007, 11:43
At this stage from the comments given, I am leaning towards the following:
* normal simulation handling with no boost allowed.
* making up our own calendar that will feature the best of the Australian & International tracks (even though I haven't unlocked these myself yet)
* 12 Rds with 2weeks between Rds.(series will run 6mths)
* Devise our own point scoring system with bonus pts for top 3-5 qualifyers
* Run a mixture of races - sprints, enduro's, reverse grid, default & free set ups to keep it interesting.

Comments please! In about 2 weeks if there are no big negatives about the above, I will format a calendar for the series. If you are interested put your name & car type(Holden or Ford) down. So far we have 13 interested drivers. I will ask for a more formal entry - number, country, team name, next thread. Here are the interested drivers so far:

*P. Vuko
*S.Vuko
*R/Rules
*real_ill
*Harvick
*Tannat
*J.B.
*Homer
*c8nay
*racer69
*C.Finch
*A.Sloma