Practice 10:00am – 1:00pm
2:00pm – Qualifications – Top 22 cars – cars run in order selected
Positions 12 – 22 are set for the race
Top 11 cars move on round 3
4:15pm - 4:45pm - Top 11 cars - practice
5:00pm - Qualifications - Top 11 cars – cars run 11th to 1st
Positions 1 – 22 are set for the race – Pole Winner Awarded

Day 3
Bump day – All cars that failed to make field on day one can bump their way into the field. Follow established bump rules among the bottom 11 cars.

Day 4
Road couse support race (ALMS).

Yeah, It's a modified version of F1 Knockout qualifications. But KO qualifications, to me, is great.

Alfa Fan
19th May 2008, 14:57
I assume you intend this to last over a similar period to the current arrangement? A flaw with your plan is that we could end up with the bottom 22 set and then miss out on the excitment of the pole shoot out due to rain. Also, a lot of the cars that make it in the race 22-33 are low budget entries who probabily wouldn't be able to afford to run the whole month.

garyshell
19th May 2008, 15:17
The 11-11-11 rule was put in place when the "33 is just a number" era came about due to a lack of entrants. Now that this is no longer an issue it should fade into history. We have plenty of entrants, so go back to the original format. As many folks who can make the field each day can do so. No one is "locked" in. Anyone is at risk of being bumped right up to the last day of qualifications.

Gary

!!WALDO!!
19th May 2008, 16:42
Interestingly in the history of qualifying to make the field at Indianapolis with 4 days of possible qualifying this is only the second time that the field lined up fastest to slowest. This means the fastest on day 2 is slower than the slowest of day 1 and in this year's case, day 3 is slower than the slowest on day two.

The first time involved only 2 days. What year do you think it occurred? Hint: My 1968 story, it hadn't occurred yet but many of the cars described were involved in it.

BenRoethig
19th May 2008, 22:17
Day 4
Road couse support race (ALMS).

That would require either a colossal effort or dangerous gaps in the inside wall at turn 2 and just beyond turn 4. Converting to the road course normally takes a couple of weeks.

Vegasguy
19th May 2008, 23:54
That would require either a colossal effort or dangerous gaps in the inside wall at turn 2 and just beyond turn 4. Converting to the road course normally takes a couple of weeks.

I like the idea of an ALMS race.... improve the 2 week process. I mean come on 2 weeks to move barriers and cut the grass?

MykeBailey
20th May 2008, 16:00
i reckon just 3 days of quals followed by bump day
but like theres no limit to how many people qualify each day
get the field filled up as soon as possible
then at least your guranteed having all the cars trying to maximise their position each day
although i would lock off the front row after 2 days.

i personally think this 11-11-11 system is really rubbish
if it continues then your only going to get like 15 or so cars on the first day trying to get in to the top 11 and some fans may only be able to come along to see their driver or watch on tv or internet etc on the day when the driver doesnt think its worth wasting tires and risking a crash trying to get into a position they know they are not quick enough to get in to.

it makes sense to me haha