PDA

View Full Version : Yuji Ide vs Nelson Pique Junior

elinagr
19th May 2008, 11:35
I rate NPJ very low, because he is driving a car that is capable to finish at least in the top 10, but the huge mistakes he is doing, makes me angry about the fact that he is in F1 only for his name, nothing else!
If we remember Yuji Ide was in f1, in the smallest team with the slowest car, and the mistakes we have seen from him can be compared to NPJ...
Get rid those who are there only for the name and money, there are so many out of F1 that have better talent.

ioan
19th May 2008, 11:44
Get rid those who are there only for the name and money, there are so many out of F1 that have better talent.

Like for example.... Ide!? :p :

F1boat
19th May 2008, 11:49
I think that Nelson is inconsistent, while Ide was hopeless.

millencolin
19th May 2008, 12:00
Comparing Ide with Piquet... ok

gp2 wins for Nelson - 5

FNippon wins for Ide (closest comparative series) - 3

Number of Superlicences revoked for Ide - 1

come on... lets be a little more realistic.

Comparing Ide to Tarso Marques or Mazzacane would perhaps be a little more suitable

ShiftingGears
19th May 2008, 12:01
I think that Nelson is inconsistent, while Ide was hopeless.

Definitely.

Azumanga Davo
19th May 2008, 13:43
Mistaking Ide for someone who had talent is a criminal offence in this part of the world. Why isn't it in yours? :s

V12
19th May 2008, 14:57
Yeah I think the comparison is a little harsh on NPJ...although I think he may turn out to be another Bernoldi or Pizzonia (quick, brilliant record in lower categories, but gets to F1 and just seems to be lacking that extra something).

jens
19th May 2008, 15:22
Ide?

I tend to agree with the post above that drawing a parallel between Pizzonia and Piquet Jr would be more suitable. Also Ricardo Zonta won F3000, but the main memories from his F1 career are about ruining the races of other drivers. And even Ricardo Rosset - the guy, who failed to qualify on several occasions - was second in F3000.

Hey, quite several Brazilians have been mentioned. A common syndrome - doing well in lower series, but going mad in F1? :p : Emotional guys from a warm state become too nervous at the highest level of motorsport and fail to handle the pressure.

ioan
19th May 2008, 16:54
Emotional guys from a warm state become too nervous at the highest level of motorsport and fail to handle the pressure.

What about Ascari, Fangio, Gonzales Froilan, Patrese, Piquet, Senna? And there are some other great GP drivers from warm, southern latin countries!

jens
19th May 2008, 17:07
What about Ascari, Fangio, Gonzales Froilan, Patrese, Piquet, Senna? And there are some other great GP drivers from warm, southern latin countries!

So what? By that post I didn't mean that all of them fail. ;)

Valve Bounce
19th May 2008, 22:59
Hey, quite several Brazilians have been mentioned. A common syndrome - doing well in lower series, but going mad in F1? :p : Emotional guys from a warm state become too nervous at the highest level of motorsport and fail to handle the pressure.

This is just about the most ridiculous generalisation ever posted in this forum.

dc10
19th May 2008, 23:43
This is just about the most ridiculous generalisation ever posted in this forum.

The original thread is a tad pointless.

Valve Bounce
20th May 2008, 01:17
The original thread is a tad pointless.

I know!! I just thought I'd check out why anyone would mention Ide in the F1 forum.

However, I think Junior opened his mouth before the start of the season stating he intended to beat Fernando; I had posted a thread about that. I guess both Fisi and Mark Webber are better drivers than Junior, but with Junior, he is never going to cause Alonso any problems about who should stay behind.

Hawkmoon
20th May 2008, 01:51
The original post is a little unfair on Ide isn't it?

I mean, Piquet the Younger hasn't gotten anywhere near the stunningly high level of ineptitude that Ide managed to attain during his short stay in the sport.

Valve Bounce
20th May 2008, 02:46
The original post is a little unfair on Ide isn't it?

I mean, Piquet the Younger hasn't gotten anywhere near the stunningly high level of ineptitude that Ide managed to attain during his short stay in the sport.

Yeah!! I guess you're right. :(

cy bais
20th May 2008, 03:02
yeah unfair comparison really as much as i consider NPJ to be overrated.

elinagr
28th May 2008, 21:24
after monaco what do you think about this thread??
is afair comparison.. he just CAN'T stay on the track, so simple

Valve Bounce
28th May 2008, 23:50
after monaco what do you think about this thread??
is afair comparison.. he just CAN'T stay on the track, so simple

Who cares, Walter, who cares!!!

Tallgeese
29th May 2008, 00:27
Piquet needs more time to coax more out of the machine. I do think that his arrival to F1 was premature, but he's had his baptisim of fire, & needs more experience. But comparing him to Ide doesn't do justice for anybody! Ide was just dangerous & I dare say that Glock is actually worse than Ide!

K-Pu
29th May 2008, 02:37
Ide was something you must see before dying...

Comparing him to other F1 drivers is hard, because because not many of them are unable to find the reverse gear, asi Ide did at Imola.

I think NPJ is better driver than Ide, but heīs not a champion at all. I think he wonīt see the end of this season from the cockpit...

And Glock is not that bad. Quite unspectacular, but he hasīt caused mayhem or embarrasement in such high amounts as Ide did.

Yankee Racer
29th May 2008, 02:41
I'm not sure anyone could ever be on the same level as Yuji Ide.

Valve Bounce
29th May 2008, 02:43

Now that is a dangerous mission :eek:

Hawkmoon
29th May 2008, 04:02
I'm not sure anyone could ever be on the same level as Yuji Ide.

I don't know about that. Do the names Riccardo Rosset or Olivier Grouillard mean anything to you?

fugariracing
29th May 2008, 05:41
LOL! Ide was the driver most woefully out of his depth, and painstakingly inept, to race F1 in the last 10-12 years easy. Would have looked good only in comparison to the pay-driver heyday of the mid-90s.

Thread gave me a good laugh though.

elinagr
29th May 2008, 08:54
Valve what do you want from me?

SGWilko
29th May 2008, 09:02

A better understanding of the humour in his posts I should think.... :p :

elinagr
29th May 2008, 09:10
lol...

Valve Bounce
29th May 2008, 10:30

Time to call it a day. Your disjointed simile has run far enough to be put to rest. Give it up. You are just making it worse by babbling about Ide. Beware the Ides of March!! That's when Sulius Jeesar got shafted!! :eek:

CNR
29th May 2008, 13:13
Piquet has three races to save F1 career. (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/163998-0/piquet_has_three_races_to_save_f1_career.html)
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/163998-0/piquet_has_three_races_to_save_f1_career.html

Nelsinho Piquet allegedly has just three races left now to prove that he is worthy of his place in Formula 1 (http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/home/), following a massively disappointing start to his fledgling career in the top flight.

elinagr
29th May 2008, 16:31
whats your problem about this thread?you dont like it?dont read it and dont answer..simple

SGWilko
29th May 2008, 16:43
whats your problem about this thread?you dont like it?dont read it and dont answer..simple

Who are you referring to? It would help if you could use the quote button every once in a while. It just comes across as if you are addressing the entire forum... ;)

elinagr
29th May 2008, 17:02
valve..anyway

Firstgear
29th May 2008, 19:08

The answer is right there in your last line. Sadly, F1 drivers are not chosen based on talent alone, and as long as money is involved in the sport there will be criteria other than talent that count as well.

- nationality
- name
- looks

All these (and there's probably others) are considered because they can generate money. So it's a combination of talent and your ability to generate money that gets you the drive. The only way to solve it is to take money out of the equation.....and that aint about to happen, especially in F1 where money Rule$.

Valve Bounce
29th May 2008, 21:54

Comparing Ide with Junior or vice versa is kinda silly, and everyone here is trying to tell you that. I just love it when someone says silly things and then tries to justify it by prolonging the agony. But I am at liberty to make fun of such silliness, am I not?

elinagr
30th May 2008, 08:23
no you are a ******* aussie thats all

leopard
30th May 2008, 08:30

I doubt Mr Valve is still interested in this offer. ;) :p :

elinagr
30th May 2008, 08:41
black humor

Valve Bounce
30th May 2008, 09:06
I doubt Mr Valve is still interested in this offer. ;) :p :

:D :D :rotflmao:

pino
30th May 2008, 09:08
Back to the topic thank you !

elinagr
30th May 2008, 09:08
What do you thing of this comparison?

Ide deserves a chance in a better team..many drivers start their career in a decent team and have better chances..some of them not..and every little mistake in a bad car counts more

jens
30th May 2008, 09:47
Huh?
In Bahrain 2006 Ide lost to Sato in qualifying by 2,8 seconds...
In Malaysia the gap was an impressive 1,7 seconds.
In Australia he lost by awesome 3,9 secs.
And Ide's last attempt in San Marino ended with a 1,6-second loss to Sato in Q1.

Sorry, but this is just hopeless. If a rookie has any talent, then his laptimes should be at least within one second of his team-mate's times. And except Australia the highly-criticized Piquet has managed it.

Valve Bounce
30th May 2008, 10:01
Let's face it: Ide was hired to fill the second seat of the aging second hand Arrows because Honda wanted a second japanese driver alongside Sato that year. If you can tell me what Ide had done before he was hired by Honda to drive the spent Arrows, then let us know, OK!!

elinagr
30th May 2008, 12:04
calm down :D

Valve Bounce
30th May 2008, 12:09
Having said all that, I would be surprised if Piquet is not replaced before the end of the season. It all depends how much money in the form of sponsorship Junior brings to Renault. But!! we are discussing that on another thread.

elinagr
30th May 2008, 18:50
good for you

Tallgeese
30th May 2008, 19:38

Comparing him to other F1 drivers is hard, because because not many of them are unable to find the reverse gear, asi Ide did at Imola.

I think NPJ is better driver than Ide, but heīs not a champion at all. I think he wonīt see the end of this season from the cockpit...

And Glock is not that bad. Quite unspectacular, but he hasīt caused mayhem or embarrasement in such high amounts as Ide did.

Still early days for Piquet Jnr, but I feel that he's succumbing to too much pressure & shoulkd relax. Everybody knows that many were anxious to see the Piquet Dynasty back in action & that taking on Kovalanian role would never be easy as he excelled even in tough circumstances, eventually triumphing over veteren Fisichella & earning a seat at McLaren-Mercedes.

Ide was an unpleasant memory in F1 (the guy couldn't even speak enough English to understand pit instructions) but from what we have seen Piquet Jnr will probably pick up the pace a bit & add to Renault's points tally in time. If he doesn't then Renault should really blame themselves because he wasn't really ready. Had Fisichella been supporting Alonso they would have scored at least four more points by now, perhaps more!

As for Glock, the man has had decent opportunities but is a dangerous driver & reminds me a lot of Ide, but probably has taken a lesson or two in what not to do. His performances at ChampCar & GP2 were dismal to say the least, & his first stint with Jordan was a luck-factor.

elinagr
1st June 2008, 20:17
Nelsinio is payed or he pays? i think that nobody is paying nowadays to drive?
whats his salary?

gm99
1st June 2008, 22:30
As for Glock, the man has had decent opportunities but is a dangerous driver & reminds me a lot of Ide, but probably has taken a lesson or two in what not to do. His performances at ChampCar & GP2 were dismal to say the least, & his first stint with Jordan was a luck-factor.

Dismal? Glock was rookie of the year in Champ Car in 2005, finished 8th overall in standings and almost won at Montreal.
In GP2 of course Glock won the championship in 2007.
While I agree that he has not performed all that well in F1 so far this season, I think that his performance in ChampCar and GP2 can hardly be described as dismal.

leopard
2nd June 2008, 07:59
Nelsinio is payed or he pays? i think that nobody is paying nowadays to drive?
whats his salary?
Sponsor pays, Nelsino is payed.

Valve is payed but sometimes doesn't pay :) :p :

elinagr
2nd June 2008, 20:32
valve is owned

SGWilko
2nd June 2008, 20:37
valve is owned

Yes, by Mummy & Daddy Valve no doubt?! ;) :laugh:

leopard
3rd June 2008, 03:43
valve is owned

Me too, when I am at home ;)

elinagr
5th June 2008, 13:24
then i owe you

elinagr
6th June 2008, 17:59
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

ide will be back some day

Valve Bounce
7th June 2008, 03:02
yeah!! in March - we get lots of Ides in March!! Just Beware the Ides of March!!