PDA

View Full Version : Hinch wins

seppefan
19th May 2008, 09:57
I see Hinch won the Atlantic race this weekend. Interesting result as very different to Long Beach. Great to Hinch back up there. Wonder if Gerry was at the track side...

millencolin
19th May 2008, 10:53
Congrats hinchy...

Good racer... Very good commentator too

BobGarage
19th May 2008, 11:05
great for hinch.

shame the atlantic field has lost 3 cars since Long Beach

seppefan
19th May 2008, 11:24
I am not sure if the US domestic racing can afford two open wheel feeder series but I do feel that the Atlantics has depth in the field this year.
Jonathan Summerton
Jonathan Bomarito
Daniel Morad
Carl Skerlong
Simona De Silvestro
Junior Stous
Kevin Lacroix
Dane Cameron

It will be interesting to see where the Champion goes in 09 and what GF & KK do with the series. KK sell out to GF or TG...

millencolin
19th May 2008, 12:10
Hopefully atlantics become a proper feeder series to Indycar...

Indycars-Indy Lights-Atlantics

It would be a shame to lose such a fantastic series

nigelred5
19th May 2008, 18:48
Hopefully atlantics become a proper feeder series to Indycar...

Indycars-Indy Lights-Atlantics

It would be a shame to lose such a fantastic series

Right back to where it always belonged IMHO. Even if they were to run 50% of the events as stand alone or in conjunction with the other Mazda events, it should be an official step towards the top of the NA open wheel scene. I'd like to see them run at all of the Indycar road/street course events and only the 1 mile or less ovals for the first taste of oval racing in the ladder. Maybe run the stand alone Atlantic events as the feature open wheel category. Run at tracks the Indycars don't run at to attract some peripheral fans. Places like Miller, Barber, VIR and New Jersey and of course Trois Rivieres. As much as I like them running with ALMS and Grand am on roadcourses, they need the link to Indycars to remain a relevant and legitimate openwheel training series. Otherwise, they might as well don the conversion bodies and run as spec racers leading up to the LMP cars.

Actually, that could be a neat gig. Run as open wheel cars when running with the Indycars, then run as an Atlantic spec-racer class on ALMS weekends with full bodies.