PDA

View Full Version : Who has cars?

Scheckterfan54
18th May 2008, 03:06
So this question came up today while I was at IMS in the garage area. I was told that PCM had gotten a car from Samax motorsports, this is the team that Milka Duno was with last year. Due to lack of information from this person, I was not told anything more than "we got a car from samax". I am just raising a question for anybody who may have any idea...How many extra cars are really out there and does ICS keep track of these? And because this mystery car from samax was not entered in the 500, can it race or just be used for parts? I am interested in hearing any response.

usgrandprix
18th May 2008, 03:27
The official entry list is on the web site. Those are the only cars that can qualify. I doubt they will make an exception. And no more rookie drivers according to Barnhart.

Now maybe you could "trade" your car for an entered "T" car, but that seems far fetched.

I doubt we'll see many surprises tomorrow as far as entries, but that bump speed is probably tantalizing to some people. No doubt Hearn in a decent car could get in, for example. Too late now, I think.

Vegasguy
18th May 2008, 07:53
The car in question was last years Milka car and according to the interview on ESPN it was being used for parts as the tub was not legal due to a rule change and it did not meet the new rule. (they didn't expand)

The entry list is not closed, if there is a legal car out there and you wanted to enter it you could. The issue is that there is a shortage of cars due to the influx of teams.

If the weather is decent tomorrow I see the 11 row changing.