PDA

View Full Version : Newman Hass Racing to enter Busch Series with Kyle Krisilof

RaikkonenRules
22nd January 2007, 21:20
Carl A. Haas, co-owner of the Newman/Haas Racing Champ Car Team and former partner with Travis Carter in Haas-Carter Motorsports is looking forward to returning to NASCAR in the Busch Series in 2007. This new program would reunite Haas and Carter but also bring in some other well known names in racing such as Mari Hulman George, chairman of the board of the Indianapolis Motor Speedway corporation and Chicago businessman, Michael T. Lanigan, President of The Mi-Jack Companies. Driving the #14 Ford Fusion race car will be 20 year old Kyle Krisiloff, son of former open-wheel driver, Steve Krisiloff.(Haas PR)(1-21-2007)
UPDATE: Kyle Krisiloff said Sunday at Daytona that he will drive at least the first five races of the season in a #14 Ford, with the hopes of finding enough sponsorship to run the full Busch schedule. Krisiloff said the team has partnered with ppc Racing to use ppc's owner points from the #22 car last year to earn a guaranteed starting spot in the first five races of 2007. Krisiloff's team also bought three cars from ppc, and former Kenny Wallace crew chief Todd Gordon was leading the team at Daytona, though a permanent crew chief has yet to be named. (jayski.com)

Not my personal chioce of driver but would be interesting to see how Newman Haas Racing do.

Lee Roy
22nd January 2007, 21:22
Not my personal chioce of driver but would be interesting to see how Newman Haas Racing do.

Does Paul Newman have anything to do with this? It looks like just a Carl Haas venture to me.

RaceFanStan
23rd January 2007, 01:49
Well there is an automatic caution for at least 5 Busch races ! :rolleyes:

BenRoethig
23rd January 2007, 07:02
Carl Haas co-owned a cup team with Travis Carter, this is a resumption of that partnership. The big news here is the involvement of Mari Hulman and Mi-Jack's Michael T. Lanigan and it has as much to do with open wheel as it does NASCAR. There's been talk that Carl Haas and Paul Newman are not exactly on the same page as to where they want to be and MRS. George's name makes you wonder.

Cole_Trickle
23rd January 2007, 12:43
Gene Haas/Carl Haas, related? why do they not do something together?

BenRoethig
23rd January 2007, 13:37
Gene Haas/Carl Haas, related? why do they not do something together?

There's probably an ancestral connection, but completely different Haas families.

Mark in Oshawa
23rd January 2007, 17:15
It is a head scratcher the ownership of this team. One of the staunch CC supporting team owners in bed with Tony George's mom but hey, it proves once again that the Indianpolis racing scene isn't as divided as some thing maybe? I don't know.....just know that I don't expect to see Krisoloff standing in too many winner's circles in NASCAR.

Cole_Trickle
26th January 2007, 10:04
There's probably an ancestral connection, but completely different Haas families.

I'd just figured they were related somehow, but then thought if they were then it was odd they hadn't done anything.

BenRoethig
26th January 2007, 13:27
Yeah. Carl's from Chicago. Gene's from California.