PDA

View Full Version : Ron gets apology

Knock-on
16th May 2008, 10:55
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7401883.stm

Czech motorsport chief Radovan Novak has apologised for insinuating McLaren boss Ron Dennis was linked to the expose of FIA president Max Mosley.

Glad that has been cleared up.

BDunnell
16th May 2008, 11:54
I thought this was a ridiculous thing to suggest in the first place, personally.

16th May 2008, 12:37
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/7401883.stm

Czech motorsport chief Radovan Novak has apologised for insinuating McLaren boss Ron Dennis was linked to the expose of FIA president Max Mosley.

Glad that has been cleared up.

I thought this was a ridiculous thing to suggest in the first place, personally.

Even I thought it was just too far fetched, but it was an example of the result of Mclaren blotting their copybook (sic) with Spygate.

Much the same kind of baseless accusation used to be made at Ferrari & Michael Schumacher after their public indiscretions.

There is a lot to be said that this kind of accusation actually helps a team. It certainly seemed to do so for Ferrari in the Schumi era, & Alex Ferguson, for example, has built in to several Manchester United teams the 'siege mentality' with resulting great success.

BDunnell
16th May 2008, 13:42
Even I thought it was just too far fetched, but it was an example of the result of Mclaren blotting their copybook (sic) with Spygate.

Much the same kind of baseless accusation used to be made at Ferrari & Michael Schumacher after their public indiscretions.

Yes, and that, to me, was just as unnecessary and unpleasant.

There is a lot to be said that this kind of accusation actually helps a team. It certainly seemed to do so for Ferrari in the Schumi era, & Alex Ferguson, for example, has built in to several Manchester United teams the 'siege mentality' with resulting great success.

Indeed so.

Knock-on
16th May 2008, 19:05

What public indiscretions?

Say what you like about some of the "alledged" antics of MS and Ferrari (actually, lets not ;) ) but MS has always been not only discrete but a positive role model in his private life outside of F1.

17th May 2008, 12:34
What public indiscretions?

Say what you like about some of the "alledged" antics of MS and Ferrari (actually, lets not ;) ) but MS has always been not only discrete but a positive role model in his private life outside of F1.

When I used the term 'Public indiscretions' I was thinking of Austria 2002, Monaco 2006, Jerez 1997....on-track and viewed publically.

Michael Schumacher's private life had nothing to do with it.

Knock-on
17th May 2008, 14:51
When I used the term 'Public indiscretions' I was thinking of Austria 2002, Monaco 2006, Jerez 1997....on-track and viewed publically.

Michael Schumacher's private life had nothing to do with it.

Ahh, sorry. Misunderstanding.