PDA

View Full Version : Is Viso really destined for the wall

seppefan
16th May 2008, 09:41
20 laps 150 laps....how many before EJ does hit the wall ? or will Keith Wiggins have a car at the end of the 500.

Reading Dixon and Wheldons comments makes me wonder how they would be if Speedy Dan was on the track!!Help!!

BobGarage
16th May 2008, 09:56
EJ will hit the wall eventually, everyone does! I think Viso has done very well so far and he looks a great prospect.

As Wheldon says... he just needs to calm down a bit, and once he's hit the wall once Wheldon thinks that'll happen.

I think AR1's headlione of "Wheldon Slams Viso" is a bit misleading, as Wheldon does go onto say "I was exactly like that when I started but once I'd hit the wall a few times I calmed down a bit". Its hardly slamming Viso is it!?

MAX_THRUST
16th May 2008, 10:22
Dan managed to flip a car at Indy trying to pass to low into a corner a few years ago. THe whole point of being a rookie is to learn, and I'm someone like Vsio will learn quickly. Remember when Helio and Kanaan used to run around at the back of the field when they were in CART. Now they are top dogs in the IRL. It takes time....

seppefan
16th May 2008, 10:33
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASM74TUKFUM

Check this out. Viso hitting the wall big time last year in GP2. Amazing that he walked away.

BobGarage
16th May 2008, 10:42
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASM74TUKFUM

Check this out. Viso hitting the wall big time last year in GP2. Amazing that he walked away.

yep, seen that before. If the car had been a few inches over his head would have hit the wall and he would have been killed. Very lucky escape!

that whole GP2 first lap was one big **** up, with the crash on the grid, visos crash and then someone running over his tire changer on pit lane.

MarcoCheever
16th May 2008, 11:02
<off topic>

when Dan flipped at Indy it was right in front of us ...
the crowd was quiet with concern...you could have heard a pin drop
he climbs out waves to the crowd and a cheer goes up it was awesome !

<on topic>

jwhite9185
16th May 2008, 12:33
Didn't he hit the wall in Homestead?

seppefan
16th May 2008, 12:46
Didn't he hit the wall in Homestead?

TONY KANAAN (No. 11 Team 7-Eleven, finished eighth): “I’ve been around a long time, and the race is not finished until the checkered flag. This was a misfortune – yes. But, how many times have I won races because some other guy was unlucky? With 10 laps to go I was looking around and I was thinking, ‘This looks too easy.’
“When somebody spins and he’s doing 230 miles an hour, you’re like, ‘Where should I go?’ I slowed down. He was on the bottom, so I went to the top. Then, all of a sudden he started to go to the top and I was trying to go to the bottom, so there was nothing I could do about it.

Yes but after loosing a load of speed I think from reading how TK saw it.

millencolin
16th May 2008, 13:32
Yes Viso may hit the wall, but I really hope he has a race like he did at Kansas, that race was boring until he started to kick some arse!

Reckless driving or not, he made the race exciting! Not bad for a guy on his second ever oval

p.s The gp2 crash is so freakin scary, I thought he was dead when i first saw it last year. Its a shocker

Alfa Fan
16th May 2008, 17:02
Viso has just hit the wall.

gofastandwynn
16th May 2008, 17:03
Is Viso destined for the wall?

As of 12:11pm today, yep...

gofastandwynn
16th May 2008, 17:07
Out of the car, appears to be ok

Vegasguy
16th May 2008, 18:14
Released from medical and cleared to drive. Will Power also.

garyshell
16th May 2008, 21:17
There are only two types of drivers, those that have hit the wall and those that will.

Not my quote, anyone know who originated this line?

Gary

NickFalzone
16th May 2008, 21:46
Briscoe just smacked the wall. Fortunately, it was his backup car.

Mad_Hatter
16th May 2008, 21:53
fwiw from what I saw during practice yesterday wheldon was the one who almost ran into viso as he was pulling off line to go towards the pits. wheldon was trying to get the most of the draft. viso may have got on the brakes entirely too early though.
<shrugs shoulders>

ykiki
16th May 2008, 22:07
There are only two types of drivers, those that have hit the wall and those that will.

Not my quote, anyone know who originated this line?

Gary

I remember when Cheever had something similar to say about Montoya - along the lines of "he'll hit the wall and THEN he'll learn some respect!" - can't remember the exact quote, but it was a typical Cheever badmouthing of a CART driver. Then again, all JPM did was go out and win the thing.

weeflyonthewall
17th May 2008, 01:30
I remember when Cheever had something similar to say about Montoya - along the lines of "he'll hit the wall and THEN he'll learn some respect!" - can't remember the exact quote, but it was a typical Cheever badmouthing of a CART driver. Then again, all JPM did was go out and win the thing.

That was Lil Al not Cheever. Eddie had a different tongue in cheek comment IIRC.

ykiki
17th May 2008, 01:38
That was Lil Al not Cheever. Eddie had a different tongue in cheek comment IIRC.

Thanks for the correction - after a while, with all of the trashtalking, I started to tune it out. But when JPM followed it up by winning, I thought it was classic...

BenRoethig
17th May 2008, 17:09
Viso seems to be the kind of driver who wants to know just how far the car will go. If this kid stays, he has a chance to be good.

NickFalzone
17th May 2008, 18:11
Is Papis ok? That looked like a pretty hard hit.

NickFalzone
17th May 2008, 21:10
Giebler in the ambulance, hope he's ok.