PDA

View Full Version : bank holiday monday

Glen 320
15th May 2008, 20:39
I got an e-mail from rockingham yesterday telling me british gt's and f3 are at the rock,are pick ups not racing on the monday? 'cos to be honest gt's and f3 look about as exciting as watching paint dry.

racing59
15th May 2008, 20:59
According to the PuT website, they're on the bill.

Speedworx
15th May 2008, 21:33
F3/GT will be ace!

Already got my ticket.

Abo
15th May 2008, 21:46
Spoke to Wilky about this recently; he tells me that it's qualifying on saturday, then a race on both the sunday and the monday? Not seen a timetable yet though

Sticker Rub
16th May 2008, 17:52
Are the PuTs on the oval?

Hunter should show the GTs the way to go & lead them round the oval in his Ginetta

fastbob
16th May 2008, 18:45
PTR are on Oval...... Sat has been cancelled, just Sun/Mon

quorky
16th May 2008, 20:42
the only fink on saturday for pick ups is tec and the pick up are in the outer padocks

Reynard
16th May 2008, 21:40
I hope the timetable is out soon so's I can figure out where I'm meant to be and when. I sincerely hope both PUT races are on the same day, but it seems that's not the case.

pickup
16th May 2008, 23:50
Definately one race Saturday and one on Sunday, the Sunday race was originally scheduled for a 9-30 start but i've since heard it's been changed to 11-30 thank god for that although as yet to see an official timetable.
As has been mentioned nothing on the Rockingham website even mentions pickups racing, good promotional work once again!

fastbob
17th May 2008, 00:48
Definately one race Saturday and one on Sunday, the Sunday race was originally scheduled for a 9-30 start but i've since heard it's been changed to 11-30 thank god for that although as yet to see an official timetable.
As has been mentioned nothing on the Rockingham website even mentions pickups racing, good promotional work once again!

Saturday & Sunday....... are you sure!!! ?

Pickup55
17th May 2008, 08:07

100 % not Saturday

The final times still havent been decided as of last night, and have been reliably informed it will probably be two races on Monday

pickup
17th May 2008, 10:02
Definately one race Saturday and one on Sunday,

Sorry peoples Bank holiday threw me i should have said Sunday and Monday not Sat-Sun hope i didn't worry anybody!

quorky
18th May 2008, 11:04
race sunday and monday just tec saturday qualifying sunday morning

quorky
19th May 2008, 16:35
the pick up races are 11am sunday and monday if on time

mbr
19th May 2008, 17:08
http://www.britishgt.com/content/reports/12_Schedule.pdf

Time table on this link if it works if not check out:
http://www.britishgt.com
the header bars swaps from a lap of Rockingham and the provisional timetable.

darknessrock
19th May 2008, 18:09
Both races on Monday then..... http://www.pickuptruckracing.com/index.php?id=32,767,0,0,1,0

Anyone wanna buy the sunday of my weekend ticket? lol

Jeff Carter
19th May 2008, 18:27
I got an e-mail from rockingham yesterday telling me british gt's and f3 are at the rock,are pick ups not racing on the monday? 'cos to be honest gt's and f3 look about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Glen

You obviously haven't seen either the British GTs or British F3s recently. Check out the British F3 reports from Monza at http://www.britishf3international.com - Sergio Perez went from 14th to 1st in both races, with an equal amount of overtaking throughout the field.

British GT's have had equally exciting racing at Oulton Park and Knockhill. How can you say a group of 25+ equally matched Lamborghinis, Ferraris, Aston Martins, Dodge Vipers and Ascari are not exciting to watch?

By the way I'm also looking forward to watching the Pickups on the oval! ;)

Jeff

racing59
19th May 2008, 18:44
It should be very exciting, especially when Hunter continues through Turns 2, 3, and 4....... ;)

The Pits!
20th May 2008, 19:28
......back at The Rock for this weekend, as

Chief Pits !!!!!!

(run and hide everyone :) )

R3ROK
20th May 2008, 21:37
Was so looking forward to the PUT's on Sunday as I can't make B/H Monday due to work commitments :( never mind. Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys the day and there is plenty of clean, close racing...Good luck to all the drivers especially Gav and Phil :)
Cheers
John

Tiesse
21st May 2008, 06:38
We're hoping to be there on Monday.

A race fan
21st May 2008, 18:46
100 % not Saturday

The final times still haven't been decided as of last night, and have been reliably informed it will probably be two races on Monday

I spoke to Michael Smith in ferry bridge services today and he said that it is practice Sat,Sun and two races on Monday. He said also said that he might not be able to go this weekend as his wife is ready to give birth to their 3rd child but hopes that she will hold on till after the weekend so he can go.

truckmonster
21st May 2008, 19:15
Rob Butterfield isnt going because of work commitments

Chigley
21st May 2008, 19:19
I spoke to Michael Smith in ferry bridge services today and he said that it is practice Sat,Sun and two races on Monday.

Michael Smith is well out of date and does not have accurate up to date information. There is no practice or qualifying on Saturday for anyone.

ASCAR24/7/365.5
21st May 2008, 20:31
gt's, f3, pickups.....what are they????? im heading off to the pod for the weekend!....8000hp, sunny weather....yeh baby!

Pickup55
21st May 2008, 22:40
Michael Smith is well out of date and does not have accurate up to date information. There is no practice or qualifying on Saturday for anyone.

There is a 45 minute PTR arranged practice at 16:30 on Saturday - I have the booking form in front of me

Chigley
22nd May 2008, 16:18
There is a 45 minute PTR arranged practice at 16:30 on Saturday - I have the booking form in front of me

My apologises Tony, I'll slid back into my little lurking hole :) There is an "unofficial" session on the Saturday that is not part of the official weekend programme.

truckmonster
22nd May 2008, 20:33
gt's, f3, pickups.....what are they????? im heading off to the pod for the weekend!....8000hp, sunny weather....yeh baby!

8000HP IS GREAT BUT GOING IN A STRAIGHT LINE..... NA THATS BORING!

ASCAR24/7/365.5
22nd May 2008, 21:41
LOL ill let ya step in my legend at the pod some time, after the run you can tell me how stright it went and how fun it is LOL!

racing59
22nd May 2008, 23:08

It's not as boring as you think. I used to have a similar opinion until I went to a RWYB day and met my first ever Top Fueller. It blew my mind! (never been the same since!) The sound, the shock, it's just unreal! 1/4 of a mile in 3-4 seconds at heading for 300mph.

But I agree, it's different, like oval racing isn't everyone's cup of tea.

If you want straight line NOT boring - have a go on a drag bike, something running nitro..... whoooo yeah! Though, I won't ever ever do it again. No sir!

Something off topic a bit though sort of related to the oval.....

Colin's at the Nurburgring 24hrs (again)......
http://adac.24h-rennen.de/en/race-2008/teams/team-database/team.html?tx_stinno24hteamdb_pi1%5BshowUid%5D=4143&cHash=c6fca77ed6

Have a safe weekend everyone. Bring it home in one bit, but do it FAST!

Here's hoping that the 55 truck keeps it's engine in one piece too!

ASCAR24/7/365.5
23rd May 2008, 15:26
i have to admit i love drag racing my legend but i wouldnt mind stickin it bak on the short oval just to see what i could do!

SteveA
23rd May 2008, 19:08

Never been then!

racing59
23rd May 2008, 19:42
I phoned a friend/customer of mine today, who's one of the safety crew at the 'Pod, and was there for the practice day. Well, I didn't pay much attention to what he was saying, just the sound of those big-block's screaming to 10000rpm on loopy juice in the background... Aha, that's someone doing a run.... another $3000 gone.... and another.... and another....

Gasman
23rd May 2008, 20:56

"sunny weather" ? I suggest that you check the forcast for B/H Monday.

I was planning to go to Santa Pod for the first time but 180+ miles each way for a rainout with diesel at £1.23 a litre (probably gone up again by the time I've sent this!)... I don't think so!

Best of luck to those that go though, I'll try again later this year.

Don't you just love this country!?

Tiesse
24th May 2008, 09:48
Anyone know the latest timetable? (the one emailed via Rockingham has the PUTs on Sunday & Monday)

Stuart26
24th May 2008, 10:04
I had the same e-mail so it would be real good if someone would actually confirm once and for all WHEN ARE THE TRUCKS RACING

darknessrock
24th May 2008, 10:36
I had the same e-mail so it would be real good if someone would actually confirm once and for all WHEN ARE THE TRUCKS RACING

BRSCC has two races Monday in the final instructions.. Pickups in the outer paddock.
http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/131.html

Stuart26
24th May 2008, 10:46
i guess we had better go by that then lol

Thanks

Jeff Carter
24th May 2008, 13:58
BRSCC has two races Monday in the final instructions.. Pickups in the outer paddock.
http://www.brscc.co.uk/calendar/131.html

That's the same as the official timetable we have - http://www.britishgt.com/news.php?action=showArticle&params%5Bid%5D=329

Both Pickup races are on Monday. British GT races are Sunday (Round 5) and Monday (Round 6).

Jeff

Jeff Carter
25th May 2008, 21:25
Well the weather certainly played its part in the proceedings today. Four wet qualifying sessions, one extremely wet British GT race and Pickup qualifying postponed until the morning.

For those who are interested BF3 qualifying results are here - http://www.britishf3international.com

Round 5 result and report for British GT here - http://www.britishgt.com

Hope the weather is kinder tomorrow but, looking at the forecast, I'm not holding my breath!

Jeff

corbygal
25th May 2008, 23:00
Well the weather certainly played its part in the proceedings today. Four wet qualifying sessions, one extremely wet British GT race and Pickup qualifying postponed until the morning.

For those who are interested BF3 qualifying results are here - http://www.britishf3international.com

Round 5 result and report for British GT here - http://www.britishgt.com

Hope the weather is kinder tomorrow but, looking at the forecast, I'm not holding my breath!

Jeff

I was soaked today! And freezing! I spent half the day in the mtec truck!

Managed to get some photos (from the Rockingham Grandstand). I'll post them all tomorrow.

I think I'll be wearing warmer clothes tomorrow!

Gasman#99
26th May 2008, 19:34
I popped up today with my 7 year old son for a look, he wondered why the safety car driver had fire proof kit on, race overalls, race boots and a helmet- then as the afternoon went on we realised why, he done just as many laps as the race cars.
After 3 years of being away as a spectator, the lack of facilites was unusual, no fair for the kids, hardly any food bars, and most of all lack of crowds.
Glad i didnt have to pay £20 to get in, very un-entertaining.

darknessrock
26th May 2008, 19:47
Just got back after an enjoyable ( if bloomin freezing/wet) day. Nice to bump into "thewhitelady" again. Did anyone else see leepu from chopshop at the track? was that one of his creations going round the infield during the first put race?
As for facilities... or lack of! Many toilets closed, hardly any catering, (no problem as we took a pack-up), and quite a few of the lifts out of order.. what's going on with the place? :(

Gasman#99
26th May 2008, 19:52
[quote="darknessrock"]. Did anyone else see leepu from chopshop at the track? was that one of his creations going round the infield during the first put race?
yes they unvailed it for there programme during the final pickup race in one of the garages, believe it or not it was a saab 900 turbo, and belongs to the actor martin kemp who was there for the unvailing. we got to speak to hem from chop shop and photos with martin kemp and then got a interview for there programme which will be shown in september, glad i wore my revolution coat.

darknessrock
26th May 2008, 20:00
yes they unvailed it for there programme during the final pickup race in one of the garages, believe it or not it was a saab 900 turbo, and belongs to the actor martin kemp who was there for the unvailing. we got to speak to hem from chop shop and photos with martin kemp and then got a interview for there programme which will be shown in september, glad i wore my revolution coat.

Looked like a typical chop shop car,,, same running gear as the original, just 4 times heavier! Never would of thought it started life as a saab tho! :)

Reynard
26th May 2008, 22:19
Akh, that last flight of stairs up from the tunnel to ground level was a bloomin' killer... Not sure how the heck I managed to drive home, could barely walk.

Anyways, my thoughts for the day... Struggled to stay anchored to the ground, the wind was a killer down on the fenceline - worst in T4. Rain didn't help, but not as cold as April. Crowd somewhat smaller than April though, most folks seemed to have poddled off home by around 2-ish. By the second PUT race, the grandstand was almost empty.

Bumped into a few forum folks: Jeff (good to see ya again), Corbygirl, Jordygirl, Chigley, Abo and a few others. Thought that was you lurking, Gasman. ;)

Photography-wise, got some good stuff, got some c**p stuff and realised how out of practice I am with single-seaters... :eek: Gallery should be up later this week.

Duane
26th May 2008, 22:38
We went along to see the Nation hot rods and co at Ipswich, not a bad crowd considering the weather but the wet tends to make the racing more open, not many of the crowd left until the end of the meeting !!! like witty we was under siege from the weather but had BIG brollies.

Carl Bordley had a steady meeting finishing around the 5 to 8 placings in the 3 races he was in, had a good chat with him, he misses the big oval like we all do, he is going to fix his Ascar after the world finals just in case we get to go back sometime, maybe he is hoping we might get missed enough to get invited back !!!!!

so for me its been, monoco gp, indy 500, coca cola 600, some sleep and short oval to make an excelent bank holiday weekend.

we did see a top fueler going home did they manage to get anything done at the pod ?

Duane

Gasman#99
26th May 2008, 22:45
my thought for the day, turn 1 and turn 4 stands closed- i know it was raining but would have been good to see the gt's coming along the straight towards turn 1, only 17 pickups out, well done to gavin seager though, safety car out most of the time, my son got bored by 2pm'ish and we only got there at 12.30 so we spent most of the time walking down the stairs ( as the lifts were out of order) to goto the outer paddock, crowd-what crowd, i was in one of the garages when the last pickup race was on, and looked up to the grand stand, only about 70 people there-and 17 were spotters!, the fly past was good though, must be cutbacks as they were only geese :D
it was good to see some freindly faces again, and felt really sorry for chigley standing there in that weather.

Reynard
26th May 2008, 23:11
The fly past was good though, must be cutbacks as they were only geese :D

If the wind had been blowing any harder, it would have been *ME* doing a flypast... :eek:

Gasman#99
27th May 2008, 00:06
did i here miguel gomes being mentioned today? was he racing

kish
27th May 2008, 10:09
hi everyone, :) my first ever time on this site, please be gentle. Well I went to Rockingham yesterday, first time again, and boy was it brill, apart from the very windy conditions (nearly got blown away if it wasnt for me mate Ian holding onto me hehehe) but would defo go again. Went to the unveiling of Martin Kemps car, there was stunned silence as it was unveiled!!
Wasn't really a thing of beauty from a womans point of view but what do i know!!

im at work so gota go folks, have fun ;)

The White Lady
27th May 2008, 11:09
Hi all, :wave:
Good to see you too, darknessrock. Yep, wet, cold, windy, but not as cold as April! Saw Witty anchoring herself to the pitlane wall. So few folk Pitkid could attract Chigley's attention from the main grandstand.
The interviewer thanked the few hardy spectators (about 7 of us by the last podium) remaining and graciously waved back to us.

Some great racing though - the GT's were fab (how did the lambo fall off behind the safety car?!) and as for the Caddy van in the second VW race - we were all so excited cheering him on we almost had the Rockingham bulding rockin' again!

Pickups as good as ever, although thinner on the ground than normal - nice to chat to a few of them in the paddock. We agree with Pistol Pete who when we were talking about showing up whatever the weather said 'cos you're stoopid' - yep, but we don't care - it was worth it. Slightly irritating to lose 20 laps of the second race, but not as irritating for us as it was for Nic Grindrod I suspect :D

see you all soon :wave:

Miguel Gomes
27th May 2008, 18:11
did i here miguel gomes being mentioned today? was he racing

I was suposed to but sadly my grandmother, fathers side, died on Friday so I didn't go to England. Hope you all had a good time.

truckmonster
27th May 2008, 20:26
I thought the black flag for Nick Grindrod would have meant a drive through penalty for jumping the start??

fastbob
27th May 2008, 21:25
safety car out most of the time

Andy i'm not sure what you was watching..... both PTR races had 5 laps behind safety car before the races, these laps were not deducted from the races, however the 2nd race was cut short due to time running out! ( Yeah i know it seems the words pi*s up and brewery come to mind!!!!) However i'm led to believe that this race was declared non point scoring and 3 rounds will be held at next Rockingham meeting.

From my recollection there were no safety car periods! But i was hiding in my coat to keep my face warm!!!

Gasman#99
27th May 2008, 22:46
Andy i'm not sure what you was watching..... both PTR races had 5 laps behind safety car before the races, these laps were not deducted from the races, however the 2nd race was cut short due to time running out! ( Yeah i know it seems the words pi*s up and brewery come to mind!!!!) However i'm led to believe that this race was declared non point scoring and 3 rounds will be held at next Rockingham meeting.

From my recollection there were no safety car periods! But i was hiding in my coat to keep my face warm!!!
Bob, i wasnt on about the pick ups, they were as entertaining as usual- shame there wernt more of them, i was on about the f3/gt's.

JovialJooles
28th May 2008, 12:30
hi everyone, :) my first ever time on this site, please be gentle. Well I went to Rockingham yesterday, first time again, and boy was it brill, apart from the very windy conditions (nearly got blown away if it wasnt for me mate Ian holding onto me hehehe) but would defo go again. Went to the unveiling of Martin Kemps car, there was stunned silence as it was unveiled!!
Wasn't really a thing of beauty from a womans point of view but what do i know!!

im at work so gota go folks, have fun ;)
Welcome to the forum! :)

JovialJooles
28th May 2008, 12:31
I was suposed to but sadly my grandmother, fathers side, died on Friday so I didn't go to England. Hope you all had a good time.
My condolences for your sad loss Miguel.

fastbob
28th May 2008, 13:31
Bob, i wasnt on about the pick ups, they were as entertaining as usual- shame there wernt more of them, i was on about the f3/gt's.

Sorry Andy..... i didn't even watch those races!!!!

jimmylad
28th May 2008, 15:49
Hi people, not been on for ages. On bank holiday monday i decided to go to santa pod for the european round of the drag racing. It was great, apart from the rain that started to come down at about 10.30. After that it was a sing of things to come, as later on it got canceled. Before that i moved over to rockingham to see some racing so it was not a wasted trip, and was surprised at a couple of things. One how few people where there, suppose that was down to the weather, and two how few pick ups there where compared to last year. Is this become the regular number, if so where have they all gone. One last thing great to see kelly racing again.

hicksy
28th May 2008, 17:50

Hi Miguel, sorry to hear about your sad loss. Hopefully we will see you out in July.

A race fan
28th May 2008, 19:59

All the drivers had a meeting in at Steve Dances truck with Sonny Howard I think it was as i was listerning in. What was said was the race that was shorterned they got half points and the choice to have 3 races at the next eventor he could go back and see what the msa could come up with but all the drivers wanted 3 races all point scoring

Reynard
28th May 2008, 21:30

Sorry to hear that.

Miguel Gomes
28th May 2008, 23:14
Thanks all for the condolences, was very sad but life must go on. I'll be godfather in a marriage in July 12th, but I hope to be back in September and finally race at Rockingham a track that was love at first sight for me :)

baadman27
5th June 2008, 15:41
Very good!!! Support !wow gold (http://dianaslink.com) wow gold (http://banbooler.com) wow gold (http://gogoneverstop.com) wow gold (http://dqgate.com) wow gold (http://laymandea.com)

JovialJooles
5th June 2008, 15:55
I've obviously missed something.

The Pits!
5th June 2008, 21:45
All the drivers had a meeting in at Steve Dances truck with Sonny Howard I think it was as i was listerning in. What was said was the race that was shorterned they got half points and the choice to have 3 races at the next eventor he could go back and see what the msa could come up with but all the drivers wanted 3 races all point scoring
Yep it was shortened ok - with no warning at all! All I heard was "last lap"..."chequered flag" - thanks a bunch.

(who mentioned 'p*ss up & brewery"?)

The White Lady
6th June 2008, 15:52
(who mentioned 'p*ss up & brewery"?)

When?? Where?? :cheese: