PDA

View Full Version : Tube and tubeless tires

leopard
15th May 2008, 09:26
I've been driving in tubeless tires, even for a non stop of long journey it didn't give any problem. Tires if we happen to drive alone in night in quiet road without assistance could be serious problem to sort out ourself.

How high we recommend the use of tube-type tires for a thousand km of journey from their standard condition, as to change it to tubeless type will have to need some amount to cover full set of tires and its rims, besides their standard original rims and tube-type tires are in decent condition. If we have to change it there would be sort of wasting money.

JSH
15th May 2008, 15:31
Can you even find tube-tyres anymore??

If your worried about punctures while in deserted areas, you can get liquid sealants that remain liquid in the tyre until a puncture and it then seals up the hole.

Even if you had a tube tyre, you'd still need a puncture kit or some sort.

leopard
16th May 2008, 07:40
There might be one of ten cars on the road is tube tires.

He's a suzuki minibus, still have the tube tires original.

Yeah seem tubeless tires are safer, we can put the sealant up without having to put the tires and rims off.

Daniel
16th May 2008, 07:46
My dad still had some tube tyre's on his 504 until a few years ago. But i think surely 99% of the cars in Australia and the UK must be tubeless. Don't fancy the puncture repair goo. I think i'd always want a full size spare. Tubes are just another thing to go wrong and I'd say tyres are better off without. Replace your tyres when they get near the legal limit and you will reduce the likelihood of punctures.