PDA

View Full Version : Barcelona Tickets???

bontebempo
22nd January 2007, 17:49
Anybody know a good web site where one can find tickets for the Barcelona race which you can include hotel and car hire?

bontebempo
24th January 2007, 10:14
thanks everyone for all your help. your all too kind!!

Mark
24th January 2007, 10:18
Why do you need hotel and hire car to be included. Are you not of sufficient wit to organsie those things seperately yourself?

ioan
24th January 2007, 10:29
And why do you need a car? Just for going to the race track and having to search for a parking place, losing time waiting on the roads and so on? They must have trains or buses that go there.

Mark
24th January 2007, 10:38
Trains or buses to a race track? It'll be unlike any other racetrack I've been to then.

samuratt
24th January 2007, 11:05
Anybody know a good web site where one can find tickets for the Barcelona race which you can include hotel and car hire?

this is the official website of the Montmelo Circuit. Here you can find tickets and hotel information, and I am not sure about car hire, but i do not recommend you to hire a car, cause to get the circuit is easier to go by train.

http://www.circuitcat.com/ingles/index.asp

You can also find tickets, hotel and flight through the F1 offcial site.

http://www.f1.com

I hope you enjoy your time in Spain!

Donney
24th January 2007, 12:16
Or you can try

RACC (http://www.racc.es/index.racc/mod.viajesHome/mem.paqDetalleInfo/ip.2161/chk.5c1f639581de07eeb700f6ea836d99c7.html)

I travelled with them last year and this year also, but I don't know if they organise it outside Spain. For the price you get tickets for the three days, hotel and transportation.

ioan
24th January 2007, 12:58
Trains or buses to a race track? It'll be unlike any other racetrack I've been to then.

Well, it is different:

this is the official website of the Montmelo Circuit. Here you can find tickets and hotel information, and I am not sure about car hire, but i do not recommend you to hire a car, cause to get the circuit is easier to go by train.

http://www.circuitcat.com/ingles/index.asp

24th January 2007, 15:55

You've not been to Monza or Monaco then.

They run free train services from Milan Centrale to Monza (centrale on a Saturday, Lesmos on the sunday), plus free buses from Monza central station. However, the locals tend to sleep inside the circuit overnight Saturday thereby saving the cost of a Sunday race ticket.....just take a sleeping bag and some beers. The 'officials' don't appear to want the hassle of upsetting the tifosi (wisely) and turn a blind eye.

Also, at Monaco, they run trains from Nice and from the Italian side of the border. In theory you have to have a ticket, but the reality is you just get herded on. But when you've just re-mortgaged your house and sold your first born to afford a ticket, it really is the least they could do.

andreag
24th January 2007, 17:26
Sorry for not seeing this thread before; I live in Barcelona, and I use to attend Montmelo's circuit events. I would never think of hiring a car to go to the circuit (specially on race day), as you'll spend over 1 hour to find a parking place some kilometres away, and returning to Barcelona after the race will take you more than 2 hours. Also, parking a car in the city if you're a foreinger it's imposible and you'll have to look for parking lots (you'll hate the car, and the city too).

Public transportation to the circuit by bus or train is cheap and fast (15 minutes), and the frequency of trains on peak hours is like a city underground. And from the town of Montmelo to the circuit itself you can take another bus, or have a walk (most of the people do this), as is just 10 minutes away.

The above links to get tickets are OK, and geting accomodation is pretty simple through the net. If you need advice about the best areas to watch the race, take a look at the circuit plan (and price chart) and select those which match your budget, and I can reccomend you the best option from a race fan point of view.

Even I can guide you while you're in the city (except during friday and saturday night, when I'm busy on my venue).

GridGirl
26th January 2007, 22:07
If you want tickets, hotel and travel included you can look to use some one like Page and Moye. I used them when i went to the Spanish Grand Prix in 2002. The tour I went on included so many nights stay in Blanes, small town on the coast, and return coach travel to and from the circuit. You also had the option to be taken to the track on the Thursday afternoon to go on the pitwalk if you wanted.

Andreag, you just gave me alot of fond memories when you mentioned walking to and from Montmelo, after having a few drinks in a couple of the bars down there.