PDA

View Full Version : Yasukawa in at Beck

NickFalzone
15th May 2008, 02:20
http://www.indycar.com/news/?story_id=11335

Anyone have a final # on entries? I suppose they're probably up to 38 or 39 by now.

Alfa Fan
15th May 2008, 02:28
37 confirmed car/driver combinations by my count.

NickFalzone
15th May 2008, 02:35
You sure about that? I also just read that Buddy Lazier is in Hemelgarn. I believe that was the last car/driver combination at 39.

Alfa Fan
15th May 2008, 12:23
On the official entry list on Indycar.com, there are only 37 cars listed with drivers. There's 40 if we count the #77 Penske, #83 Panther & the PDM Racing entry.

BobGarage
15th May 2008, 13:16
On the official entry list on Indycar.com, there are only 37 cars listed with drivers. There's 40 if we count the #77 Penske, #83 Panther & the PDM Racing entry.

37 driver/car combinations is correct (including andretti at Roth, geibler at ADM, Buddy Lazier at Hemelgarn/Johnson, Hamilton at Vision, Yasukawa at Beck, simmons at Foyt and papis at rubicon).

do we really expect to see any of the other 3 cars on track that have yet to have drivers confirmed?

Alfa Fan
15th May 2008, 15:33
I suspect we won't see the 3rd Penske, but wouldn't be surprised if PDM turns up with a journeyman drivers. (The likes of Kite, Mediros, Herb, Boat, etc). The 2nd Panther driver could be Brent Sherman or Dillan Batastini. (Although are they qualified to race IRL cars at Indy, i'm not sure)

Alexamateo
15th May 2008, 15:57
The 2nd Panther driver could be Brent Sherman or Dillan Batastini. (Although are they qualified to race IRL cars at Indy, i'm not sure)

I am pretty sure there will be no more rookies approved this year so it'd have to be a veteran.

Vegasguy
15th May 2008, 16:38
Brian Barnhart has already said that there will be no more rookies allowed.

VkmSpouge
15th May 2008, 19:00
I would like to see PDM Racing get an entry together if only to double the number Panoz cars trying to qualify.

fugariracing
16th May 2008, 02:54
there are currently 37 confirmed car/driver combos, b.lazier in the 91 for hemelgarn has not yet been on track. second panther, third penske and pdm entries are listed but unlikely to run at this stage - the only one of those i see coming together would be the second panther car.

pdm was in real dire financial straits after last year's program w/kite, i remember diatlovich saying something to the effect of he had mortgaged his house to make a run and they couldn't get in the field.

yasukawa has not been quick in the last two days of practice but one suspects given his second-week prowess the last two years he should be fine to get it in the show by 6:00 on sunday.

FormerFF
16th May 2008, 03:14
No sign of Phil Giebler, either. I wonder if they are planning to qualify at all.