PDA

View Full Version : john mickel

quorky
13th May 2008, 14:37
:vader: john mickel to race craftman truck 16th may .look at greenlightracing.com

racing59
14th May 2008, 18:38
Why ain't you out there with him ?

TORQUESPEED MAN
15th May 2008, 02:49
We have enough handicaps without Quork being here !!!

Bit of archive footage that the Americans have latched onto -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESYpHtOqjo

JovialJooles
15th May 2008, 09:10
That's pretty good presentation footage. :)

Gasman#99
15th May 2008, 22:56
[quote="TORQUESPEED MAN"]We have enough handicaps without Quork being here !!!

You cant say that about john, ha ha :D

LessThanSte
16th May 2008, 15:38
For the record, qualifying is at 3:30 est (8:30gmt) and the race at 7:30 est (12:30gmt), broadcast on speed and should therefore be watchable on tvu :)

TORQUESPEED MAN
16th May 2008, 21:43
Qualifying Position 26th
Qualifying Time 31.550,
Speed 171.157 mph,
Race start time 1am UK time. 134 Laps, 201 miles. Trackside Dave will have a full report on http://www.torquespeed.com over the weekend.

Turkeyneck
16th May 2008, 22:15
Nice one guy's, hope all goes well. Tell John I wished him good luck for the race.

cgs
17th May 2008, 11:22
looks like john crashed out towards the end of the race. anyone know what happened?

TORQUESPEED MAN
17th May 2008, 13:21
looks like john crashed out towards the end of the race. anyone know what happened?

Big wreck in turn 2, we were running in a pack of cars and couldn't avoid the wreckage, hit Truck in front and put a hole in the rediator.

kjb
17th May 2008, 16:29
what position was john running prior to hitting the other trucks and getting the hole in his rad?

racing69
17th May 2008, 17:38
I watched the race on speed tv and John seemed to struggle all race ;llong. A big example of this was at the first restart, John and his team mate had stayed out and with his team mate second and John in third. His team mate did well to stay with the leaders for ten or so laps but john seemed to drop back very quickly, and Michael Waltrip described Mickel as a moving bollard with cars swerving to avoid hitting him. If John is serious about developing a career out there, he needs to be in Charlotte all year round and work on getting a deal or sponsorship to buy a drive. Lack of preparation was very evident, NASCAR is not like SCSA where you can turn up and expect to be on the pace. A lot of these truck teams are testing year round, doing everything they can to prepare for races.

I know this probably sounds a little negative, but congratulations for getting out on to the track and hopefully we'll see more of Torquespeed this year. I'd love to see an English driver doing well in the states, and john is a nice bloke into the bargain. It just needs to be done correctly with a proper sponsor and preparation for the race.

racing69
17th May 2008, 17:39
To answer your question, he was pretty much running at the taail of the field through the whole race, five or six off last place.

71minus2
17th May 2008, 22:06
hats off to john for making the race! I tried to watch on TVU last night but gave up after 76 laps as it kept freezing.

Better luck next time eh, i'm sure we will congratulate John next time he is on Sky Sports doing NASCAR.

Richard

Yung
17th May 2008, 23:24
I'd love to see an English driver doing well in the states,

Why not "British"???????????? lol

gary_580
18th May 2008, 21:32
what position was john running prior to hitting the other trucks and getting the hole in his rad?

21st

racing69
19th May 2008, 14:10
I meant to say British! I think he was further back than 21st wasn't he? I don't think it matters, hopefully he'll get funding to do more events and have testing and preparation built in. Is there any update on The Stig and NASCAR?

gary_580
26th May 2008, 09:23
I meant to say British! I think he was further back than 21st wasn't he? I don't think it matters, hopefully he'll get funding to do more events and have testing and preparation built in. Is there any update on The Stig and NASCAR?

No, he was 21st when he ran into the wreck (as asked in the question) but then finished a lot lower. Funny how on $ky last night he said he was doing well until he ran into the wreck, but anyone else out of the top 10-15 is doing rubbish when he's talking.

TORQUESPEED MAN
26th May 2008, 17:54
No, he was 21st when he ran into the wreck (as asked in the question) but then finished a lot lower. Funny how on $ky last night he said he was doing well until he ran into the wreck, but anyone else out of the top 10-15 is doing rubbish when he's talking.

John was refering to the fact that he was running 3rd for a fair few laps after running a different fuel strategy to the front cars.

Running into the wreck was purely a "Spotting" error.

Don't recall him using the word "rubbish" to describe any driver.