PDA

View Full Version : Your 18th birthday

Ranger
13th May 2008, 11:32
What did you do for your 18th birthday and would you recommend it to someone else(me) ? :D

Mark
13th May 2008, 12:03
My mates from college took me out drinking in Newcastle, the first time I'd ever done the binge drinking thing. Started out with a few pints of lager but then in one place they got a special cocktail which was basically a mix of every spirit from the top shelf, mixed in with coke, and I drank the lot. I was well gone after that! A few more pubs and then we went home and I was in bed ill for three days :p

So no, I wouldn't recommend that at all :crazy:

dc10
13th May 2008, 12:40
Its so long ago I can just about remember going on a pub crawl. There were about 6 pubs near our house back then.

gadjo_dilo
13th May 2008, 12:46
Can't remember anything special. I was probably learning hard for school as I was a miserable pupil. Which of course can't recommend to anybody.

555-04Q2
13th May 2008, 12:58
What did you do for your 18th birthday and would you recommend it to someone else(me) ? :D

Lets just say that it is better for me to not recommend to you what I did for my 18th birthday :s hock: :p :

J4MIE
13th May 2008, 13:11
I can't remember at all which is scary really, but it's not my birthday until next week (hint hint, I didn't get a birthday thread last year ;( ) :p :

GridGirl
13th May 2008, 13:18
England went out of the World Cup on my 18th Birthday so all my mates were on a downer and it was a bit rubbish really. Just went out for a quiet drink as no one was in the mood. :(

This pattern has continued on other birthdays but atleast it wont be ruined this year as England didn't even qualify for Euro 2008.

Rollo
13th May 2008, 13:43
My 18th fell on a Saturday and meant getting stuck at Luton Airport after going and seeing Liverpool lose 1-0 at Spurs. It was a blustery and rainy weekend that wasn't really much chop at all.

millencolin
13th May 2008, 14:20
My 18th fell on a Saturday and meant getting stuck at Luton Airport after going and seeing Liverpool lose 1-0 at Spurs. It was a blustery and rainy weekend that wasn't really much chop at all.

As a Spurs fan, i'm glad your 18th wasn't a blast!

My 18th, wasnt too bad. My mate (Timmy) also had his b'day in the same week so we had a big bash at his house for all our school buddies. was fun

But it wasnt as good as my 21st

It was simple, yet it worked. No Bartab, no organising. Just told everyone to go to my favourite Irish pub in the city where my mates cover band was playing. Everyone drank endless pints accompanied by fantastic music, was a blast!!!!

Dave B
13th May 2008, 17:17
I was in Greece with a friend. Our hotel was playing host to a bunch of American airmen whose base was closing but whose flight home wasn't for a few weeks.

They'd built up a ton of wages during their tour, and had nothing much to spend it on being on expenses; so they threw a kind of joint leaving/birthday party for pretty much every English-speaker in the hotel - putting a four-inch thick wad of bills behind a nightclub bar at the start of the evening.

When we left at 3am (ish) the bar manager tried to hand back what must have been at least $500 in unspent money - they left it as a tip :eek:

Oh, and when we got back to the hotel they gave me the bumps then threw me in the pool - which when you'd drunk as much as I had produced a predictable and technocoloured reaction!

inimitablestoo
13th May 2008, 19:51
I actually had a girlfriend on my 18th birthday, so she gave me a very special present... ;)

MrJan
13th May 2008, 21:07
I went to an old mans pub with some mates (only place we could ever get booze without being asked for ID. Got nicely toasted and stumbled about like an idiot and wondered about the meaning of life.

Went home, fell asleep. Woke up the next morning with a hangover and went to watch Exeter City who got relegated :bigcry: The drinking part I'd recommend. The same can be said for watching Exeter. The getting relegated is not so advisable but that can all be made right on Sunday. Up the Grecians.

Rollo
14th May 2008, 01:37
But it wasnt as good as my 21st

I can only assume I had a nice time for my 21st. I woke up in Calais 3 days later with no idea how I'd gotten there. That in itself is a fair effort considering I was Blackpool at the start of my 21st birthday.

If anyone knows what happened, then please phone Memory Finders on 0800 0666...

leopard
14th May 2008, 03:37
Probably you are free now to make choice about your life and who will live this life with. :)

I and a closest friend had the idea to make celebration for my 18th. We made a mini stage, invite 50 friends the number of which was almost equal for the male and female. According to result of playing made randomly to decide the pairs all of them have opportunity to make the show or attraction, whatever they can.

millencolin
14th May 2008, 07:48
I can only assume I had a nice time for my 21st. I woke up in Calais 3 days later with no idea how I'd gotten there. That in itself is a fair effort considering I was Blackpool at the start of my 21st birthday.

If anyone knows what happened, then please phone Memory Finders on 0800 0666...

hahahahaha now thats F***ed up! I can say that during my 21st i was never tempted to board a plane (where would i go anyways... New Zealand? stuff that!), but i did late late late night drunkin skateboarding through the city. that was a tad scary

millencolin
14th May 2008, 07:51
I actually had a girlfriend on my 18th birthday, so she gave me a very special present... ;)

A 4-pack of Kilkenny and packet of Cheese and Onion crisps? :p :

inimitablestoo
14th May 2008, 19:42
Closer to a model of Jean Alesi's 1995 Ferrari actually :D

Erki
15th May 2008, 09:42
Whatever you do, leave squirrel alone!

ShiftingGears
15th May 2008, 10:01
Whatever you do, leave squirrel alone!

Oh I should be fine ;)

leopard
15th May 2008, 10:13
I think they like playing hide and seek in coconut tree, eat the coconut if hungry. :)

slinkster
15th May 2008, 11:00
I believe I went to a rock club with some friends... but I can't remember to be honest. I'm just horrified to realise that my 18th was SEVEN years ago!

stevie_gerrard
16th May 2008, 01:29
i gathered all my mates together for my 18th and had a party in the village hall. Of all the 18th partys we had, mine was remembered as the best :D Definately worth doing if you like a disco and party etc.

leopard
16th May 2008, 07:07
... and singing. That's unforgettable, we do that with our own power by sharing whatever we have like audio and music instrument. Luckily I had a not too bad reputation when I was young, snack and drinks were from parents of those invited.

FYI, although I prefer the 18th as the things were enable to do, mostly here celebrate 17th, so we might have a year earlier maturity. :)

Faisal
16th May 2008, 20:17
It's my 18th BDay today and exams :(

This is my 3rd birthday in a row hit by annual exams !