PDA

View Full Version : it's National Hamburger Month

veeten
10th May 2008, 18:37
Yes, that's right. Just another really bad excuse for getting people into McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, etc. :dozey:

just Google it and see what I mean... :s

BDunnell
10th May 2008, 19:45
It is a shame, I feel, that the humble hamburger has had its good name tarnished by the fast food giants.

SOD
10th May 2008, 20:37
aren't there $100 hamburgers now?

Rollo
11th May 2008, 00:03
One elderly domesticated female's alleged story (Old Wive's Tale) is that You are what you eat. I suspect that this is true with over-consumption of hamburgers - people actually do start to look roughly like the shape of a bun with legs arms and heads sticking out.

veeten
11th May 2008, 00:31
it's happened already...

:p

veeten
11th May 2008, 01:07

:p :

Garry Walker
11th May 2008, 18:04
I make much better hamburgers at home than McDonalds makes :up:

MrJan
11th May 2008, 19:11
I make much better hamburgers at home than McDonalds makes :up:

Not doubting the tastiness of your burgers (not a euphemism) but my dog could make better burgers than McDonalds, and I don't even have a dog.

Drew
11th May 2008, 20:31
Is it not International Burger Generation?

ShiftingGears
12th May 2008, 07:53
...and I don't even have a dog.

Did you eat it?

Garry Walker
12th May 2008, 09:18
Did you eat it?

:rotflmao:

MrJan
12th May 2008, 09:21
Did you eat it?

:laugh:

Yes. And it still tasted better than a McDonalds burger ;)

millencolin
12th May 2008, 09:32
I love a good hamburger... Home made Rissole (or 'pattie' as the yanks call it), lettuce, beetroot, cheese, onion, tomato sauce on a toasted thick bread roll.... delicious!

I can cope sometimes with a Quarter Pounder from maccas... but give me a huge homemade burger anyday

veeten
15th May 2008, 13:06
just read this and said..."hey, why not?..."

Burger Bandits Arrested in Michigan Muggers Took a Bag of Hamburgers, Then Crashed Their Car Last Edited: Friday, 25 Apr 2008, 11:15 AM EDT Created: Friday, 25 Apr 2008, 11:15 AM EDT http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/photo_servlet?contentId=6393950&version=1&locale=EN-US&subtype=MIMG&siteId=1004&isP16=trueMichigan authorities say they caught two teens who used a hammer to rob two men of a bag of White Castle hamburgers. (MyFoxDetroit)
http://www.motorsportforums.com/forums/ (function() { try { var td, img, p; if (document && document.getElementById) { td = document.getElementById('story_image'); if (td && td.getElementsByTagName) { img = td.getElementsByTagName('img')[0]; } if (img) { p = img.style.paddingLeft; img.onload = function() { img.style.paddingLeft = '1px'; setTimeout(function() { img.style.paddingLeft = p; img.onload = null; }, 0) } } } } catch (e) { } })(); MyFox Detroit Reports

Oakland County, Mich. authorities say they caught two teens who used a hammer to rob two men of a bag of White Castle hamburgers but crashed their stolen car before they could eat the loot (video: MyFoxDetroit) (http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=6388304).
The sheriff's department says officers arrested the 16- and 17-year-old Pontiac residents and expect them to be arraigned today. The department says the teens drove to a White Castle restaurant in Pontiac, where they followed two customers home, then used a hammer to rob them.
Police chased the teens, whose speeding car crashed in Auburn Hills (video: MyFoxDetroit) (http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/ContentDetail?contentId=6388304). Officers found the 17-year-old hiding in a trash container and the 16-year-old under a car. Officers found 16 hamburgers and one chicken sandwich untouched inside the stolen car.
With Associated Press Reports

;) :p

dc10
15th May 2008, 15:47
:laugh:

Yes. And it still tasted better than a McDonalds burger ;)

Lets face it, even a lump of cardboard tastes better than a McDonalds burger
:hmph:

anthonyvop
15th May 2008, 16:16
Lets face it, even a lump of cardboard tastes better than a McDonalds burger
:hmph:

Their Chicken Strips are eatable.
The McNuggets are disgusting.

Which leads me to this question which I have never gotten a answer to.

What part of the Chicken is the McNugget?

Forget it. I probably don't want to know.

BDunnell
15th May 2008, 16:18
What part of the Chicken is the McNugget?

Is something that is expelled from a chicken strictly part of the chicken?

dc10
15th May 2008, 23:36

Think its an alternative to McNuts as my female chickens havn't any ;)

millencolin
16th May 2008, 11:17

If its destined to be expelled but has yet to leave the chickens body, then yeah its still part of a chicken :p :

and i base this on absolutely nothing