PDA

View Full Version : Moss: I hope Mosley stays on.

Tazio
9th May 2008, 10:34
I didn't see this one comming! This is a hugh endorsement!
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/f1/news/163065-0/moss_i_hope_mosley_stays_on.html
"My take on it is that I like him and I know him," Sir Stirling told Crash.net Radio at Cars International's 'Mille Miglia - Then and Now' event in London earlier this week. "I was amazed to see what he was doing. But then people do that.

"I think that he carries out his job as head of the FIA extremely well. I must say I hope he will stay on for his term [which comes to an end next year] because I think he does a very good job at what he does.

ArrowsFA1
9th May 2008, 10:41
It seems SirSM is separating MM's private life from his role as FIA President.

"As a man of talent, that does that job - I think he has done quite a good one."

"I can see people saying his position is untenable and probably it is. But that is a problem I know nothing about."

Knock-on
9th May 2008, 11:08
I didn't see this one comming! This is a hugh endorsement!

Not really an endorsement, more of an obituary.

SSM says that he has done a good job and that personally he would be sorry to see him go. however, he admits that his position is probably untenable which is a soft way of adding yet more pressure.

SSM is a well spoken gentleman though. I have never heard him put down anyone.

Tazio
9th May 2008, 11:11
It seems SirSM is separating MM's private life from his role as FIA President.

"As a man of talent, that does that job - I think he has done quite a good one."

"I can see people saying his position is untenable and probably it is. But that is a problem I know nothing about."If you want to dissect the body of his desertion you present a reasonable qualification to his statement.

But He has gone on record as saying he hopes Max stays on! There is nothing abstract in his opinion.

He is very clear on that. It's only one mans opinion. Sir Sterling Moss'!

People can take it for whatever they think it is worth. But unless he retracts it,

right now his position is completely unambiguous!

Valve Bounce
9th May 2008, 11:44
Beggar for punishment, isn't he!!

Knock-on
9th May 2008, 12:42
If you want to dissect the body of his desertion you present a reasonable qualification to his statement.

But He has gone on record as saying he hopes Max stays on! There is nothing abstract in his opinion.

He is very clear on that. It's only one mans opinion. Sir Sterling Moss'!

People can take it for whatever they think it is worth. But unless he retracts it,

right now his position is completely unambiguous!

He is saying that MM job is probably untenable although personally he would be sorry to see him go. That is slightly different don't you think?

BDunnell
9th May 2008, 13:15
"I was amazed to see what he was doing. But then people do that...

While the good job that Mosley has done for the FIA has passed me by most of the time, I very much agree with Moss' comment above. A nice antidote to the overly censorious attitude towards private lives and human peccadilloes which, to me at any rate, has dominated much of the public discussion of this matter.

Valve Bounce
9th May 2008, 13:39
While the good job that Mosley has done for the FIA has passed me by most of the time, I very much agree with Moss' comment above. A nice antidote to the overly censorious attitude towards private lives and human peccadilloes which, to me at any rate, has dominated much of the public discussion of this matter.

Man!! that's one helluva mouthful. Autsch!! :eek:

Tazio
9th May 2008, 13:47
He is saying that MM job is probably untenable although personally he would be sorry to see him go. That is slightly different don't you think?I stand corrected, in the sense that there is ambiguity in his final comment. And I'm not going to sit here and defend max!
I attributed last comment to Jardine.My mistake. I do think that as more water goes under the bridge, the more likely he will hang on to the rest of his term. I don’t really have a problem with it. Because I don’t think that escapade warrants putting someone in that job that is less capable. If they can come up with someone that can step right in and better represent the interest, and program of the FIA I say by all means do it. If not $crew it Let him fulfill his term in shame!

ArrowsFA1
9th May 2008, 13:59
I do think that as more water goes under the bridge, the more likely he will hang on to the rest of his term.
I think that was the intention of calling the meeting. Max knew it would be sometime before the FIA could get together to discuss the issue, thus buying time for the initial reaction to subside. Whether his strategy will work is yet to be seen.

Tazio
9th May 2008, 14:19
I think that was the intention of calling the meeting. Max knew it would be sometime before the FIA could get together to discuss the issue, thus buying time for the initial reaction to subside. Whether his strategy will work is yet to be seen.
Without a doubt!

Mikeall
9th May 2008, 14:41
It doesn't really matter what Stirling Moss or Tony Jardine say its up to the FIA. They elected Max Mosely and he's accountable to them. If they want him to go he should go and if they don't he should stay for another year.