PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi to hold F1 event in February...:)

AJP
22nd January 2007, 08:55
http://sportal.com.au/motorsport.asp?i=news&id=93704

this sounds really cool....
can't wait to see what happens there..

SuperAguri
22nd January 2007, 16:18
Are they saying that street track will be the venue for any UAE GP?

Or will it be in Dubai (isn't there a track there, or is that Qatar?)

Sleeper
22nd January 2007, 20:39
Are they saying that street track will be the venue for any UAE GP?

Or will it be in Dubai (isn't there a track there, or is that Qatar?)
Both Dubai and Qatar have circuits.

I expect the teams are only turning up as its a little more promotion and they'll be in the region for a major test at Bahrain.

Eyo
24th January 2007, 08:11
I’m in Abu Dhabi, so if I have no work on that day, which is quiet unlikely as we are in the middle of a shut down, then I will take some pictures and upload them.

About Dubai race truck, I don’t think that it’s capable of hosting an F1 race. It’s nice, it’s new, but nothing compared to Bahrain.

AJP
24th January 2007, 08:50
That would be great Eyo... :)

from memory the article said they would be creating a street circuit...not using exsisting tracks...

Eyo
24th January 2007, 18:12
there is no truck in Abu Dhabi :D yet...

Eyo
30th January 2007, 18:55
If anyone sees a map of the way they are going to go around please post it, because I want to know that from which point I could take the best pictures.
I know that it will start from the Emirates Palace to the Marina Mall, but I would like to see a map of it.
In same places it says that it’s 4 kilometer long. I really feel so exited to see them and hear them so early in the year. I think it will be really cool!

F1boat
30th January 2007, 19:39
What will they do?

Eyo
31st January 2007, 08:40
They call it F1 festival :D And some says they will race, but I guess it will be some kind of a show. It will be nice anyway. I can’t wait...

Eyo
2nd February 2007, 21:08
Who ever is in Abu Dhabi or in the Emirates, should not forget to come tomorrow to the F1 Festival. Preparation is well in progress. I just came back from the place where they are going to “race” and it looks good. I don’t know yet which will be the best spot to be, but I will go out early and found my self a nice place.
Organizers said that it will start at 11 am and finish at 4 pm. They say that some 15 Ferraris are gong to participate as well, in the event. It’s not really clear what is it going to be, but I’m sure, just to hear them and see them so early in the year will be a blast :D