PDA

View Full Version : Martini Racing Stripes return to F1 on the Ferrari for Turkey

Giuseppe F1
8th May 2008, 16:30
Nice!!!

One of THE iconic motorsport liveries returns to F1 :) :) :)

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080508145333.shtml

Martini stripes return in Turkey
A new brand and look for Ferrari

Martini Racing’s iconic stripes are making a return to F1 this weekend at the Turkish Grand Prix.

The famous blue and red livery will adorn the nosecones of reigning Champions Ferrari replacing the distinctive Martini ‘Ball and Bar’ brand icon in Istanbul.

2008 marks the 40th anniversary of Martini’s involvement in motor racing and the stripes that once graced Brabham, Alfa Romeo and Lotus in F1 return to celebrate the anniversary. Martini is the longest serving lifestyle sponsor still active in motor racing today.

Motor racing officials first removed race car sponsorship and advertising restrictions in 1968. In exchange for carrying Martini Racing decals on their race cars, drivers were provided with racing jackets and promotional items.

In 1968 Martini sponsored a Porsche 906 sportscar at Hockenheim. Since that time Martini has been associated with an illustrious list of teams, including Brabham, Alfa Romeo and Lotus in F1, Porsche in the World Champion Series, Le Mans, World Rallying and the German Touring Car Championship and Lancia and Ford in both the World Rally Championship, and the World Championship of Endurance Racing.

© CAPSIS International

ArrowsFA1
8th May 2008, 16:35
And there's me thinking they weren't allowed to use the brand name "Martini" on the cars in Turkey :p