PDA

View Full Version : Wonderful goods at F1.com store

Valve Bounce
8th May 2008, 06:39
Would you believe that you can get a carbon fibre mousemat at the above store for only 224.99 quid? Wow!! I nearly fell over.

Of course, I pay nothing for my excellent mousemat: a copy of the Sunday Magazine from my Sunday paper with all the AFL teams and the year's fixtures in it.

And when that wears out, I can get a Tech Space magazine from South melbourne Market which is also free. Works like a charm on my Logitech G7 Laser Mouse.

I must be doing my sums wrong somewhere along the line. :(

millencolin
8th May 2008, 10:30
As we say in the retail sector, these items are aimed at a specific target demographic. The 'Stupid yet somehow rich' target market who will pay anything for pointless crap, such as a carbon fibre mousepad.

How they got thier money, we never know, but we know its not through their intelligence.

BTW i like my mousepad, some Peugeot one i got for free at the Brisbane International MotorShow a few years back

Magnus
8th May 2008, 11:42
hmm... isnīt carbonfibre suffering from low friction? might be a bad mousepad...

janneppi
8th May 2008, 11:53
I once browsed some bicycle part manufacturers accessories section, that 200 Eur carbon fiber coffee mug, as tempting it was, was a bit too expensive for me. :)

Powered by Cosworth
8th May 2008, 13:55
If I remember rightly you can't use either optical or laser mice on it either because of the finish.

I have a carbon fiber mousemat though, just not that overpriced one. Got it out of the Minardi fabrication bin.

Azumanga Davo
8th May 2008, 15:24
Would you believe that you can get a carbon fibre mousemat at the above store for only 224.99 quid? Wow!! I nearly fell over.

Of course, I pay nothing for my excellent mousemat: a copy of the Sunday Magazine from my Sunday paper with all the AFL teams and the year's fixtures in it.

And when that wears out, I can get a Tech Space magazine from South melbourne Market which is also free. Works like a charm on my Logitech G7 Laser Mouse.

Oh no, the spam has got to you now. :D

Daniel
8th May 2008, 17:38

Seriously VB. A G7 would work on just about anything. I have a G5 which is the wired version of the G7 and it works fine on a bare wooden desk :)

Garry Walker
8th May 2008, 18:52

Another case of Bernie going wrong with things. Most people who watch F1 can`t afford such things, and those who can afford, are usually intelligent enough not to waste money on such nonsense.

I for one wouldn`t want this for free.

tsarcasm
9th May 2008, 07:29
yup that's ol' mopHead's version of consumer trinkets.... I only paid 65 pounds for my CF hood

Valve Bounce
10th May 2008, 05:02
Seriously VB. A G7 would work on just about anything. I have a G5 which is the wired version of the G7 and it works fine on a bare wooden desk :)

I bought a great table place mat (fabric) from David Jones for around 10 bucks, and it was great for my Logitech MX1000 laser mouse. But the G7 has a peculiar sharp slight protrusion from the bottom of the mouse which catches on the material. I asked my wife how I can get some starch for the place mat, but she didn't know :(
However, the mouse works great on an old cork lace mat which we bought many years ago from Wing On Department store in HK.