PDA

View Full Version : TV at your leisure

MrJan
6th May 2008, 22:06
Whne I was growing up and my Mum refused to buy a TV I never thought that I'd see the day when I could watch a programme to my schedule.

Now, thanks to the BBC iPlayer on 4OD I have just watched Friday's Peep Show and now get to see the MotoGP which I missed on Sunday due to a heavy night of revelry on Saturday. Ain't technology brilliant?

To make things even better the volume on the BBC goes up to 11 :D

maxu05
7th May 2008, 02:20
That's cool. If I miss something, I have to try and download it.

Dave B
7th May 2008, 09:52
Gone are the days when you'd sit down at a particular time otherwise you'd miss your programme. Missed Gavin & Stacey? Watch it on the iPlayer. Want to see an old episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway? 4OD at your service.

On Monday we realised we woudn't be back in time to catch the snooker final, a quick SMS to the Sky+ box sorted that little problem.

I'm reliably informed that it's even possible to record the whole of ITV4's BTCC coverage and only watch the bits you want... ;) :p

It's quite hard to imagine going back to a time without PVRs and on-demand services. We don't know we're born!

Mark
7th May 2008, 10:15
I've got a combination of my V+ box (just like Sky+), Virgins CatchUP TV OnDemand which has BBC, Channel4 and Living/Bravo. TV Choice which is a collection of naff stuff but some of it is watchable. And now I've got iPlayer on TV (not PC on TV!) too.

It's quite frustrating going back to a TV where you have to just watch what is on, even more so if it is just the terrestrial channels!

jim mcglinchey
7th May 2008, 10:19
[quote="Mr Jan Yeo"]
NowI have just watched Friday's Peep Show

El Dude brothers are back. It wasnt vintage Peep Show but still the funniest thing on at the mo. " Shut up you, you're not in this conversation ! "

MrJan
7th May 2008, 12:46
El Dude brothers are back. It wasnt vintage Peep Show but still the funniest thing on at the mo. " Shut up you, you're not in this conversation ! "

Loving the megatron too, and then blaming it on the burgler :up:

Daniel
7th May 2008, 17:57
Gone are the days when you'd sit down at a particular time otherwise you'd miss your programme. Missed Gavin & Stacey? Watch it on the iPlayer. Want to see an old episode of Whose Line Is It Anyway? 4OD at your service.

On Monday we realised we woudn't be back in time to catch the snooker final, a quick SMS to the Sky+ box sorted that little problem.

I'm reliably informed that it's even possible to record the whole of ITV4's BTCC coverage and only watch the bits you want... ;) :p

It's quite hard to imagine going back to a time without PVRs and on-demand services. We don't know we're born!

Listen. If he's wanted to send a text then he would have :p

Unhelpful bugger :p