PDA

View Full Version : Incentive for a S2000

OldF
6th May 2008, 14:29
Incentive for a S2000

A S2000 costs about twice compared to a grp N car, so what is the incentive for private teams and drivers to choose a S2000 instead of a group N car?

Is it:
- The sponsors rather see a European car under their sponsorship
- That in average a S2000 car has proven to be more competitive compared to a grp N car
- A S2000 car is a racecar compared to a grp N car
- Teams and drivers have lot of extra money
- Something else

wwbroe
6th May 2008, 15:08
It is, due to my opinion, the third reason that you mention. A S2000 car is a real race-car compared to a Gr.N car, wich in essence is just an evoluated version of a production saloon car. I think that is the main reason they prefer S2000 cars, but thet is just my personal opinion. ;)

GigiGalliNo1
6th May 2008, 15:15
S2000 is cheaper then a WRC car and is a way out of the WRC... where S2000 in the near future will be more successful and interesting then the now 'boring' WRC... which I kinda am beginning to find boring but I love the IRC and WRC don't get me wrong!

Sulland
6th May 2008, 16:55
Seen just from a spectator point of view: The Gr N cars sounds and looks boring, but the S2000 is a real racer, most of them both ín looks and sound !

I also think the drivers find them more entertaining to drive, but this is just a guess.

Will also be interesting to see what the prices will be once the 2nd hand market starts to pick up next year, when all the top teams will switch to 09 model !!

GigiGalliNo1
6th May 2008, 17:02
Oh yes i know wat you mean now. Course the s2000 cars are much more interesting for spectators! Sounds beautiful! I'm too board, actually way over the whole subaru vs mitsubishi game... We're into something new where that comp was over in the early years of 2000! So irc and s2000 are surely the way of an exciting future!

Abarth
8th May 2008, 07:03
I think the idea of the + kit for a S2000 car is a good one, if they can make it work.

One car can be used both as a S2000 in IRC, ERC and other regional and national series, and if you want to do a WRC event you can bolt on the + kit and have a real WRCar.

Probably there are a few engineering snags that has to be solved by the teams, specially in the transmission department, but that is just a matter of time before that puzzle is solved !

jure dvorsek
8th May 2008, 12:27
Well if I look two years back, remembering first winn of Paolo Andreucci 2006 on Ciocco with Punto S2000, all drivers in N4 were craying, this car will kill them-from the point of costs. But if you look now, half of them are now in S2000 car's. So the teams (drivers) have obviousley more than enough mony to spend it on so much expensive cars.
And I can not agree with all guys saying N4 is not atractive-in a propriate hands cars moves around much more than WRC, can be very, very spectacular. Sound is not something special, that is true....

Rally Power
11th May 2008, 11:58
I think the idea of the + kit for a S2000 car is a good one, if they can make it work.

One car can be used both as a S2000 in IRC, ERC and other regional and national series, and if you want to do a WRC event you can bolt on the + kit and have a real WRCar.

Probably there are a few engineering snags that has to be solved by the teams, specially in the transmission department, but that is just a matter of time before that puzzle is solved !

Even if it the S2000+ must be considered a great move in the regulations of the WRC, the Kit issue puts many technical douts.

To me the S2000+ will be different units even if based on the previously homologated S2000 cars (a bit like the 20 evolution Gr. B cars from the old days, altought the base units (200) were then street cars).

This will allow continuing the development of S2000 cars for the national and regional series, reserving the S2000+ for the WRC.

If so, it looks to me as a great step in the growth of the rallysport on the coming years :cool:

jonas_mcrae
11th May 2008, 12:09
Well if I look two years back, remembering first winn of Paolo Andreucci 2006 on Ciocco with Punto S2000, all drivers in N4 were craying, this car will kill them-from the point of costs. But if you look now, half of them are now in S2000 car's. So the teams (drivers) have obviousley more than enough mony to spend it on so much expensive cars.
And I can not agree with all guys saying N4 is not atractive-in a propriate hands cars moves around much more than WRC, can be very, very spectacular. Sound is not something special, that is true....

True N4 can be very exiting in the rights hands (eg early gigi) there are some videos out there that you think is that really a N4? the only thing that makes u come back to earth is the sound once it leaves a bend or hairpin LOL
But on the majority they are boring I even prefer s1600 and R3

RS
11th May 2008, 17:16
But on the majority they are boring I even prefer s1600 and R3

Agree, if you watch Hanninen on the IRC Portugal footage he looks like he is going about half the speed of the S2000 cars even though he is really only a little slower.

14th June 2008, 20:07
Bernie was invited to his friend's home for dinner. Morris, the host, preceded every request to his wife by endearing terms, calling her Honey, My Love, Darling, Sweetheart, etc. Bernie looked at Morris and remarked, "That is really nice, that after all these years that you have been married, and you keep calling your wife those pet names." Morris hung his head and whispered," To tell the truth, I forgot her name three years ago."----------------------------------Do you look for free wow gold? Welcome to our WoW gold (http://www.wowgoldlive.com) website:1.WoW gold (http://www.gogoer.com),2.WoW gold (http://www.gamelee.com),

1st August 2008, 18:33
Travel agencies in Shanghai will make short-term trips to Taiwan available beginning in August. The tour prices will be relatively low to cater to various needs of customers, the Shanghai Morning Post reported Monday.Given similar costs of air tickets and passes, the tour price for a five- or six-day trip to the island will be about 7,000 yuan ($1,025), down 45 percent from thatwow gold (http://www.fcsgame.com/) of the current 10-day tour.Mainland residents from certain cities and provinces including Beijing and Jiangsu province can now apply for tours to the island in groups of 10 to 40, staying for a maximum of 10 days.Taiwan has restricted trade and travel with theDofus Kamas (http://www.fcsgame.com/dofus-kamas.htm) mainland since 1949, but the island's new leader, Ma Ying-jeou, has helped open doors to warmer ties.The two sides last month held their first direct talks in a decade and signed agreements to launch the flights and triple the number of mainland people age of Conan goldallowed to visit the island to 3,000 daily.Since earlier this month, more than 2,000 mainland tourists have been to Taiwan for a 10-day visit. The tour price varied in different cities, but was generally from 12,000 yuan to 13,000 yuan, as much as the price of a package tour to Europe.The 10-day tour allows tourists to see major cities andtourist areas in Taiwan. As the trip is long and expensive, it only suits those who have enoughAge of Conan Gold (http://www.just4gold.com/age-of-conan-gold.html) free time and money, such as retired people, said Liu Xiaojun, general manager of the sales department of Shanghai CYTS Tours Corporation.However, young white-collar workers, who have little time and money to spare, are also itching to visit the island, said Liu.A short-term tour often focuses on a part of the island such as Taipei or a tourist spot such as the misty Alishan range. Many a tour has a theme, such as food, and a tighter schedule, which will better cater to growing demand of young tourists, he said.During some short-term trips, tourists will also see major dofus kamas (http://www.dofus-kamas.cc)tourist spots throughout the island, including the tranquil Sun Moon Lake, the magnificent National Palace Museum in Taipei and the steep Taroko Gorge, Liu added.The more the tourism industry in a place develops, the more popular short-term tours will become, as a tourist destination usually experiences a whole-to-part promotion period after it opens to the outside, industry insiders said.Chinese tourists earlier chose to visit Thailand with tours that cover major famous tourist spots and beaches, but now a trip to the country's southern tourist island of Phuket has become increasingly popular, the Shanghai Morning Post reported.Likewise, many Chinese tourists visited Japan at a tour price ofFFXI Gil (http://www.fast-wowgold.com) 15,000 yuan or higher to gain a superficial understanding through cursory observation of the whole country. Now more and more tourists would like to spend several leisure days in Tokyo by participating in tour groups for about 5,000 yuan each, the paper said.