PDA

View Full Version : This New Series Is Great!!

Call Me Earl
6th May 2008, 06:04
I just wanted to say how great this new series is.
Finally all the drivers racing real cars on real tracks. No more parking lot races. Don't change a thing IRL, make those new comers earn thier keep!!!!

pitwall3
6th May 2008, 06:34
Finally all the drivers racing real cars on real tracks. No more parking lot races. Don't change a thing IRL, make those new comers earn thier keep!!!!

Real Cars??? Surely you are joking.

jimispeed
6th May 2008, 07:10

Don't change a thing??

Yeah, great idea, don't change a thing, everything in the past has been phenomenol!!!

That's why the ratings have been through the roof!!!

:rolleyes:

ShiftingGears
6th May 2008, 08:31
Needs more real tracks like WG, RA and MT.

And a better car. Then it'll be sweet.

millencolin
6th May 2008, 11:27
I can sense this thread is going to cause a lot of arguement...

my 2 cents though, if you keep everything the same, then Indycar will always be a second-rate series. Several things have to change including the cars, certain tracks and certain rules, as well an adoption of different marketing strategies.

But this doesn't happen in an instant, give it time.

Perfect example is when one of the main football codes in Australia split in two in 1997. Rugby league split into two different championships. there was the ARL (CART, the original league) and the Super League (IRL, the breakaway comp). After one season the two leagues, thankfully, merged back together to form the National Rugby League. It took at least 5 years for Rugby League to get back to the stature it once was here in Australia, and since then it has grown and become more commercially successful and average crowds/tv ratings have increased.

I have two sports I follow religiously, Rugby League and Open Wheel Racing.
I've experienced a split/reunification in one of my favourite sport before, so I can speak from somewhat experience. Just give it time

ChicagocrewIRL
6th May 2008, 14:22
This here is whut you would call a hand grenade thread. Take the bait all you haters out there.