PDA

View Full Version : The Donington Park Spitfire

Iain
5th May 2008, 22:53
When did they remove it from the infield? I wasn't there last year, so don't know if it was gone then as well, although I think I remember it had a broken wing in 2006. It's ruined that classic Donington photo for the professional photographers now it's gone. :p

Marc W
5th May 2008, 22:57
I'm pretty sure it was still there with it's broken wing in 2007 too, but there was absolutely no trace of it this year. :( It's a shame as it was one of the landmarks of Donington, I'd hoped they would fix it rather than remove it.

BDunnell
5th May 2008, 23:17
How interesting. I hadn't heard anything via work sources (aviation journalism) about it going. If I do, I'll post something. Might be worth asking the press office at Donington Park...

Eurotech
6th May 2008, 18:51
I couldnt find it but i think i heard that it was being fixed at the aviation museum just up the road. Shame it wasnt there because it used to be one of the great landmarks along with the bluebird jet-car on the starkeys bridge.

Hopefully it will be there for next year!

Daz
3rd June 2008, 22:56
Now ok, which one of you lot managed to get out of the circuit with the Spitfire then.

martinbalmer
3rd June 2008, 23:03
Now ok, which one of you lot managed to get out of the circuit with the Spitfire then.

Souvenir hunters will take off with anything these days... :p :

Daz
3rd June 2008, 23:10
Very good one :p

LiamM
4th June 2008, 10:00
It was there at WSR last year, so I assume it was taken down over the winter when everything was given a lick of paint, it was looking rather sorry for itself tho

Dave B
4th June 2008, 10:12
Souvenir hunters will take off with anything these days... :p :

Very good one :p
Now now, gentlemen ;)

fabricator/61
4th June 2008, 20:49
Now I apologise for going of thread but when I was serving in the RAF all the Spitfire and Hurricane gate guardians were borrowed by the film company making the movie Battle of Britian problem was many never returned.

LiamM
4th June 2008, 21:59
I couldnt find it but i think i heard that it was being fixed at the aviation museum just up the road.

Its not at RR getting a new engine is it? There isn't going to be an uprising in the village is there?